Jump to content

The Adepticon Rumour Prediction Thread


Gaz Taylor

Recommended Posts

For a bit of fun I though we could all have a guess at some of the cool stuff that GW may show off or announce at Adepticon.

At the moment we know the following.....

  • Kharadon Overlords are coming and Duncan will be painting some of the models
  • Blades of Khorne Battletomb is coming
  • Warhammer Underworlds : Shadowspire is coming 
  • New AOS starter box

So I'm expecting to see more of a show off about these new releases, where people will be able to see in person the models and the guys from GW will be able to speak about what these releases are all about. A long shot is seeing a demo of Shadowspire but I'm expecting more of a close up of any new models as well as what is the setting and a high level overview of the game.

What I would like to see is...

  • Snippets about what is happening with the Aelves (Shadow/Cthulhu)
  • Anything Death related!!!
  • Hints about the direction 40K may go (sorry it was my first love and I'm hoping for an AOS twist on it)

So what do you guys think? Do you think we will see anything different or cooler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really think they'll show off anything more for AoS - that's four major items.  They've also got Armageddon for 40k at the very least.  I think if they try to cram anymore into Adepticon they won't be able to show it off as much as they'd like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the big reveal will be the next step in the 40k story arc, so something Chaos related as they've not had anything since Magnus - one rumour is Mortation so possibly him.  I could be wrong (and I hope I am) but I don't think we'll be getting a big reveal for AoS as we've already got the next month's worth of releases waiting.  I'm hoping we could get some release dates though (i.e. before pay day or after pay day :D)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

A new Ghazghkull w.i.p. model the size of a contemper dread....

New w.i.p. Ironjawz...

New w.i.p. Grots...

New w.i.p. Troggoth...

New w.i.p. death...

Wait, ... you said wishlist,  right? :)

 

Ghazzgull will do like abaddon (or, as he wants to be known, "Lord Aquillor"), he'll migrate to AoS where he'll become part of a faction with GOOD rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

I'm going to guess at 8th Ed 40K

I would very much like this but I'm in two minds if they will show it off as it could have negative feedback if people don't like what is being done. I think most people will be happy there will be a new edition.

 

14 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Maybe these will be one and the same *crossesfingers*

Oh yes! That would be amazing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Changer said:

I don't really think they'll show off anything more for AoS - that's four major items.  They've also got Armageddon for 40k at the very least.  I think if they try to cram anymore into Adepticon they won't be able to show it off as much as they'd like. 

+1 on that. As much as I would like to see more, my money would be on GDubz not wanting to take the interest away and dilute the marketing punch it has from those four major AOS releases.

To answer the question, though, I would love to see a glimpse of the new aelves and something about Death.

56 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Maybe these will be one and the same *crossesfingers*

That would be such a cool and novel way to expand the Death Alliance - include proper living people worshiping the Dead Gods/Nagash - I love that idea!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The return of Slann and Squats! 
  • Ork Clans with special rules!
  • New Rat Race for 40k!
  • Plastic Thunderhawk!
  • Gorkanaut gets made a Superheavy!

I don't know, I think that GW has already done a lot of the stuff I'd like (besides AoSify 40K). 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's my guesses. They will show more about Kharadron Overlords including some rules.

They will fully show off shadespire. This will be the playable game.

They will show off the shadow Aelves which will release in May

They will preview Ghb2.

They will have a little tease of the next AOS release after the shadow Aelves which will be Slaanesh.

40k They will have shadow war. 

They will show some new Ork models, probably including new buggies. 

They will show some new Adeptus mechanicus minis.

They will preview 8th edition which will not be called 8th edition. 

There will be a little tease of the next primarch who will probably be  Mortarion. 

35.5 hours to go!!!! (Still not counting)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was stated by Hastings, that is confirmation for me.

 

As for AoS released shown at Adepticon, I bet:

 

They will reveal Kharadron with more details (release info, some rules, Battletome content);

 

They will have Shadespire there, with some playing availability;

 

They will show Shadowkin (= Ctulhu elves) with some detail;

They will tease at light aelfs (= teaser mask shown on Warhammer Community, more than a year away from release).

 

40k should give some info on 8th and reveal Mortarion and army. Doubt new marines will be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Realistically I am expecting some hints and more AoS specifically elves and maybe death for this year and a more solid look at what 8th ed 40k maybe without making it a focus.

 

As far as wishlists I would like 2 new factions for each game and a declaration that they will start carrying more game mats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My prediction?

33% of the customers will hate everything GW announces and declare that the hobby has been ruined forever and raped their childhood!

33% of the customers will asore everything GW announces are declare that the hobby has enter a new and unending Golden Age! 

34% of the customers will shrug, buy whatever new stuff appeals to them, and pray desperately that the other 66% would just shut up for a few minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Thain said:

My prediction?

33% of the customers will hate everything GW announces and declare that the hobby has been ruined forever and raped their childhood!

33% of the customers will asore everything GW announces are declare that the hobby has enter a new and unending Golden Age! 

34% of the customers will shrug, buy whatever new stuff appeals to them, and pray desperately that the other 66% would just shut up for a few minutes.

Hahaha!

 

Every community will be full of people posting the following:

"I don't know about you, buy I love XYZ!"

"I absolutely hate XYZ, it's terrible and probably OP and I hate it."

"Am I the only one who doesn't like the new ZYZ?"

"Am I the only one who loves XYZ? I am going to sell my child to buy them!"

"I am so annoyed that GW did not release an update for [insert any faction here] they always prioritize XYZ"

"MEMES"

"I HATE GW FOR NOT UPDATING DEATH"

"Bring Back Squats/Bretonians/Tomb Kings"

"I am going to post a big rant as to why I love/hate XYZ followed with as if anyone needed the 100th take on the latest news out of Adepticon" 

"Does anyone else feel like they picked the wrong faction, guess it's time to sell all my models."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As somebody who only got into the hobby when AoS dropped, I want GW to reveal officially (at least, I don't think it's been truly official yet) that 40k rules and warscrolls will be free with the next edition -- after all, I really like the look of Tyranids but can't be bothered to save for them if I also have to throw down $85 for a rulebook and $40 for a codex.

As for AoS-related reveals, I agree that we'll get some more detail on the Kharadron (seeing warscrolls, perhaps), a demo of the Shadespire game, and some teasers of the updated Khorne battletome. I would expect that anything about an upcoming Aelven release would be of the same form as the initial announcement about the Kharadron -- teaser pictures and possibly unit names, but nothing else beyond a release timeframe (April, May, etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DynamicCalories said:

Every community will be full of people posting the following:

"I don't know about you, buy I love XYZ!"

"Am I the only one who doesn't like the new ZYZ?"

"Am I the only one who loves XYZ? I am going to sell my child to buy them!"

And these opinions will be offered as consecutive posts by several different people...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a post on their community site.

"PS: We heard a lot of news last week about new products on the way, but we still have a few surprises up our sleeves. Stay tuned for more announcements on the way later this week, as our Community and Studio teams showcase some more new items at AdeptiCon for the first time."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ey! Memes, with good taste and in the proper number are funny :( 

 

I don't think they will announce 8th edition yet for 40k. They just launch 2 new codexs for 7th edition the previous week! 

I'm pretty sure they will announce 8th edition to the winners of that competition GW its running in USA this summer.

 

Shadespire in adepticon its a sure confirmed by GW, but I think they will announce some expansions sets too. I'm not sure about new big releases for Age of Sigmar. That will shift atention for the Kharadron Overlords. 

Maybe they will show some miniatures like "In 8 months you will be able to buy those! But its a long time, just buy the sky dwarves first!" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.




×
×
  • Create New...