AoS 3.0 - Gloomspite GItz Discussion

Nezzhil

After watching the battle report:

- mangler squigs , after charging, they they a dice for every model in a unit 1“ away. For every 4+ its a mortal wound.

- somehow the new hero can buff the hit rolls of squig units. For every 6 its a mortal wound

- squigs affected by the moon can run and charge

- boss on big squig had rend 2 and made 3 dmg after charging ?,?

• Like 1

Is it me or does the new Squigboss sound like a great buff piece? I wonder if its better than running a shaman. And if its actually usefull in a Squig list.

Also love the mention of the Gobbapalooza getting better. Is this the edition they will actually be good?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Is it me or does the new Squigboss sound like a great buff piece? I wonder if its better than running a shaman. And if its actually usefull in a Squig list.

Also love the mention of the Gobbapalooza getting better. Is this the edition they will actually be good?

You can use two Squigbosses to move twice. I think it is great

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ragnar72 said:

After watching the battle report:

- mangler squigs , after charging, they they a dice for every model in a unit 1“ away. For every 4+ its a mortal wound.

- somehow the new hero can buff the hit rolls of squig units. For every 6 its a mortal wound

- squigs affected by the moon can run and charge

- boss on big squig had rend 2 and made 3 dmg after charging ?,?

Boss on GCS had 2 rend and 3 damage on a charge? Makes sense they changed Let's Get Bouncin' as a thing to synergize with him charging with Boingrots.

I'm glad the Troggs will be auto-healing EVERY hero phase.  And the Warhammer-Community article said they'll be getting a better save too, probably 4+.  That tokens tease with Drenched in Vomit.....Fellwaters doing something!?  I'm very excited for that since I have 6.

Hoping the Dankholds and Dankbosses get Monster, but the little Troggs shouldn't.  They're like Bullgors (and hopefully still hit better than Bullgors!).  I expect allies to remain as Orruk Warclans, and really really really hoping the Marshcrawla continues to buff all friendly units going forward.  If not I'll just sell the ugly thing but might keep the Mirebrute w double clubs.  Or not, might need to get a big spider instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I disagree here. I dont want to see the monster reduction table added to them. Much rather see tweaks to existing stats. Like why the danks do not have 3" reach is beyond me. 

Some monsters don't degrade, usually the smaller ones like cockatrices. 

Not sure how I feel about what I've seen so far, I'm very skeptical with the moon effect being the same, and the buffed loonshrine that might be able to bring back stuff like gobbapaloozas and fanatics alongside the 4+ rally. It might be strong but if it is it could be very frustrating to play against.

I'm hoping spiderfang is better, and arachnaroks get faster. 8" move on those pieplates just doesn't cut it.

My prediction based on what we've seen is that their combat stats will remain largely the same, they'll be 4 wounds, 4+ save with the auto regen. Gaining +1 wound in Glogg's Megamob, meaning they're still great in other subfactions but if you want the most out of them you go Glogg's. Their move and bravery is probably still the same. 180 points.

I suspect the Dankhold Troggboss still won't be a Monster, as this avoids a degrading statline (usually but not always like the Tauralons are monsters but don't degrade) however there'll be a Warlord Trait like the StoD Demon Prince for +2 wounds and gain the Monster Keyword. This could mean a 15 wound Troggboss at maximum due to Gloggs. I expect their attacks to be something like D3+2 damage. The Pet Gribbly Squished token makes me think that Troggbosses may come with Glowy Howsit in-built, though in this case the Gribbly is protecting him. The token is to signify when you've rolled a 1 and it breaks. Crushing Grip is probably the same and he probably has his reroll 1s to hit as an always on aura.

4 hours ago, Mutton said:

My tinfoil hat theory is that Trolls are getting a wounds characteristic of 5 because the Loon Shrine, since its wd update, restricts units to a wounds characteristic of 5 or less. They're also as large as Ogroids, which have 5 wounds base.

They’re also on 50mm bases 

I wonder if Grimskuttle Tribe is gonna make one of the Arachnarok variants battleline? At the end of the rules teaser on Wednesday it ends with a cheeky "and you can build a whole army of..." It wouldn't make sense for them to tease something that already exists, and they talked about units from every archetype except spiders. Usually when WarCom hypes up building a whole army of [blank], they mean some subfaction that turns monsters battleline. Like Lofnir lodge or Dino-geddon Seraphon lists.

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I wonder if Grimskuttle Tribe is gonna make one of the Arachnarok variants battleline? At the end of the rules teaser on Wednesday it ends with a cheeky "and you can build a whole army of..." It wouldn't make sense for them to tease something that already exists, and they talked about units from every archetype except spiders. Usually when WarCom hypes up building a whole army of [blank], they mean some subfaction that turns monsters battleline. Like Lofnir lodge or Dino-geddon Seraphon lists.

I think this is the only logical explaination. Hope they release a Skitterstrand Arachnarok for cheaper then. Cant remember what the sprue looked like though, its been a while since i build mine. Would love to buy more some day.

Goonhammer review on the new tome:

https://www.goonhammer.com/battletome-gloomspite-gitz-2023/

Yeah Squigs & Troggs are gonna be kings of this change. Pleasant changes on Gobbapalooza too with them just being a singular unit now like a UnderWorlds Warband. That and their buffs should see them get a lot more play now rather than being a beautiful shelf filler.

And pretty much was on point about Snarlfangs. 135 points(with Rippa’s rising to 110) for a elite skirmish cavalry cost since they’re big and can do a bit of everything.

Might be moot though since Squigs are the mobility masters now. Though fittingly spiderclans could use the Snarlfangs as forward troops while they ambush. Venom buddies.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

I was watching FacehammerTV's review and then guest who was a playtesters said he could actually see it going Moonclan>Spiderfang>Squigs>Troggoths just because of the sheer amount of resilience in the Staff as combines with their 9" objective contesting, and the mortal wounds with the Spiderfang. 

It's not just that the wound output went up and lost randomness; the multiple sources of LotBM makes actually getting the wounds to go off much easier.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

4 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I will most likely be taking Skraggrott in every list with my Troggs; the Goonhammer review made him sound really really good, a walking Bad Moon.  But they didn't mention the Fungoid Cave Shaman at all....is that not gonna be in the tome?!  That would suck cuz I bought 2.

Its still in there. I'd imagine they are good for the casting subfaction. They are only 80 points IIRC and still have a chance to give you an extra command points.

• Like 1

Spiders gained some super good utility but unless I'm mistaken the spider venom still only applies to the bites?

Going from d3 to 3 damage on the arachnaroks isn't nearly enough to fix the damage issues with spiderfang. Especially with their ability to buff the mortals actually getting weaker. They're all flash and no substance outside the webspinner on arachnarok. The scuttleboss might slap now but he is pretty fragile.

I could see bringing skitterstrands, webspinners or maybe even a flinger into a mixed list though.

Snarlfangs are cool but the lack of rend hurts them.

I think the strongest list will probably just be something abusing the hell out of 4+ rally, clammy hand and King's Gitz. You can fit a ton of units into that build and make it work too.

The warparty counting as 10 is huge though. Spiderfang sounds like it is a lot of fun to play. I love multi damage venom procs. Flinger could be fun for stalling an opponent to get somewhere first, could be good paired with the fast movement we got.

Counting on rally rolls is not a playstyle for me. Might be a usefull bonus to Squigs though. A bit sad about Squig Herd as i was planning to buy more, might switch to Hoppers. 

Skragrott seems like a bossand auto include. Gobbapalooza might be usefull finally, that makes me happy. 

Snufflers seem like something i would like now as a defensive buff unit.

Troggs seems much better but would have liked a new model for them. Guess i could build a different. Might build more in a different theme.

A bit sad about Snarlfang being slapped on the tome as a bonus unit and the boost to Rippas cost. Might ally them both in my Big Waaagh! project though.

Getting my hopes up on the next Warcry being Something vs Spiderfang.

Cant wait to get the tome.

Edited by Gitzdee