AoS 3.0 - Gloomspite GItz Discussion

Nezzhil

Hiyah Git!, welcome to Scrappa Spill, da kingdom of the Loonking. You can find crazy Moonclan grots, frenzy squigs, scuttle Spiderfangs, relentless troggs or, our new allies, the Glareface worshipers as known as the Gitmob. Together we are the Gloomspite Gitz, and thanks to the help of Da Bad Moon we are going to conquer all the Realms and bring the Everdank.

And remember, Da Moon Speaks me once time!

image.jpeg.c169ffe9e8ed4d65b92efcc81d8af1b3.jpeg

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4

Cant wait for the new tome! What do we think the cost will be? If its costed the same as rippas it would be 116.67, so 120 for a unit of 5? I actually hope it will be around 200 for 5 and more of an elite option like the Bounders or even more like Gossamid Archers. I want to buy at least 10 to ally them with a wolf themed Big Waaagh! i want to start working on.

52 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Cant wait for the new tome! What do we think the cost will be? If its costed the same as rippas it would be 116.67, so 120 for a unit of 5? I actually hope it will be around 200 for 5 and more of an elite option like the Bounders or even more like Gossamid Archers. I want to buy at least 10 to ally them with a wolf themed Big Waaagh! i want to start working on.

Personally if they go the way of the old wolf riders from back in the days (cheap and extremely fast meatshields) I’m guessing they’ll cost about 80-100points

I feel like they probably won't be as cheap as the old Wolf Riders. They seem to have really big bases, which makes me think they might be more elite? They have spears, Bows, and venomous mounts similar to the Spider Riders from what they are hinting, so maybe they will compare to Spider Riders like Boingrot Bounders and Squig Hoppers?

I'm really excited to see if they buff Dankholds. They have always been in an awkward place of "Usually Rockguts do the same job but better." They are such pretty models, I own 3 official ones and one conversion. There's so many fun abilities you could give them outside of giving them more attacks. Leadership aura is cute, but what if they had a magic resist aura, or regeneration boosted when eating people?

Also remember to look at the tokens they teased. There's some new effects teased in it; Drenched in Vomit, Pet Gribbly Squished.

WdkYS9XVqJEuTG4I.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I feel like they probably won't be as cheap as the old Wolf Riders. They seem to have really big bases, which makes me think they might be more elite? They have spears, Bows, and venomous mounts similar to the Spider Riders from what they are hinting, so maybe they will compare to Spider Riders like Boingrot Bounders and Squig Hoppers?

Yeah definitely an elite scout unit. Just like the Snarlfang Warband was just three guys that were hunting Ogors and chasing down Stormcast & Vampires it’s pretty clear these guys aren’t a mass unit.

image.jpeg.124ac3887d123fefa1968a0276b950ca.jpeg

I think that fits really well with the mercenary vibe they give. They’re self efficient and can do a bit of everything from deadly melee with their Snarlfangs armored in leathers, poison foes with venom bites and hound them as they weaken and pull out their bows for ranged attacks.

It’s a far cry from the old smaller wolves that had to be massed because they were so mangy and under-equipped(didn’t even have saddles to support an actual spear charge)

Point-wise I’m guessing somewhere between 115 to 150 points as Boingrots + Spider Riders as reliable small units that also have range and venom. 

Edited by Baron Klatz

My hopes for everything non-snarlfang related:

I hope we get new faction abilities, i dont like how the bad moon works at all. I would like something like what Nighthaunt got. 

I hope Troggoth are treated more like the big monstrous things that they are and get a big buff with a points increase.

I hope moonclan and squigs become less divided. To me they are the same thing. 

I've always like Spiderfang so ill always be biased. But i think the mounted Arachnaroks could use a big buff and point increase too. Would have really liked new Spiderfang models but the era of the beast isnt over yet.

• Like 1

So there's been a very minor leak through the description of a scheduled review; the contents of the book. It's nothing major, but some things I noticed.

• Our subfactions are called Gittish Hordes. No description on what they are, but if I had to to guess it's the 3 White Dwarf ones we are familiar of and then one for Skragrott and his foot-sloggin' gits.

• No profiles have been removed, like people were predicting. Kragnos is (thankfully) not in it, but Grinkrak's Court must have missed the deadline to get in. Even the Aleguzzler is still here.

SKARSNIK LIIIIIIVES. Somehow. Despite being discontinued a month ago, and his smaller spiritual successor being the new hero, Loonboss with Great Cave Squig is still in the book. I don't understand how or why, but I'm glad Da King of da Eight Peaks is still with us in spirit.

• Interestingly the Squigboss with Gnasha Squig is grouped with the Moonclan on foot units and not the Moonclan Squig units. We know he buffs Squig Herds from earlier teasers, so that's kinda weird. Maybe that means there will be more play between foot-slogging gits and squig-riding gits?

Screenshot_20230123-204029_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20230123-204022_Discord.jpg

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Fixed grammar
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I have no clue what warscrolls are kept. Same with the rogue idol, colossal squig and the squig gobba. The rules are still here but for how long before they are put into legends is the question i guess.

I think we will know probably the same day the book releases. I think that's how they have done it before, remove the old rules/points when the new book releases.

As I'm currently painting my Arachnarok Spider:

Holy moly that's a giant difference between the model and its rules! I mean the thing is HUGE with fangs that are 2/3 the size of a SCE Liberator. You would assume this giant gribbly would hunt Gargants, Carnosaurs and so on. And then you look at its Warscroll to see how this absolute nightmare is represented on the table and you find... zero damage, lol. 

So I really hope the big spider goes to 300-400 points and just becomes and absolute UNIT of a monster. 

Speaking of whislisting:

-I expect the Bad Moon to be reworked completely. Keep the theme of "Buffs Gitz, debuffs enemies". 

-Subfactions should be less divided 

-Make Troggoths monsters ffs... 

-Give Rockguts at least a 4+ save. They have LITERALLY stone as skin! 

-Spider Riders will become op because GW wants to sell models 

-Give us just a toolbag of nasty little tricks akin to the "move 2D6 after fighting" general Trait. I don't even want my Gitz to be an S Tier amry that dumpster the enemy. Let them be mediocre but give me nasty tricks to turn the game to my advantage! 

• Like 4

I am at a crossroad of what to buy next for my army. I own a bit of everything now but i would like to focus on 1 subfaction for a while. I will wait to see what the next tome brings before deciding but i'm torn between footslogging squigherd battleline moonclan army, troggs or spiderfang. What subfactions are u all playing? And what do u like about it?

12 minutes ago, Smash said:

@dirkdragonslayer Is that scheduled priview you have screenshot of something official? Or is it some channel you follow? Mind sharing who it is so i can watch too :)

It's from the description of a scheduled upcoming review by AoSCoach. Someone shared it with me and I shared it here. The video will release on Saturday when the review embargo lifts.

• Like 2

Love the energy in the article! Feels like a massive glow-up is coming for the Gitz ala how much love the NightHaunt & Sylvaneth got.

(Also happy they keep pointing out the Snarlfangs temporary truce, they really do feel like foreign mercenaries and deserve their own Frazzleflare Gitmobs battletome in the future. Sun vs Moon themes and all)

Also summary of the battle report:

Dreadnautilus
39m

“Okay, some news from the Warhammer+ Battle report:

*Kings Gitz faction ability is a reroll on the Loonshrine respawn ability.

*Loonshrine respawn much more convenient, now any non-hero unit with five or less wounds can respawn. No need to worry about general keywords. 

*Bad Moon still has random movement.

*Bad Moon abilities same as in the Battlescroll. No unique ability for Gitmob Snarlfangs.

*Squigboss has once per game ability that allows all nearby Squigs a free move.

*Mangler Squigs get new Monstrous Rampage that allows them to move 3d6 so long as they end up within 3" of enemy unit. 

*Snarlfangs have an ability called "You can't catch me!" that allows them to reroll Redeploy and get a free round of shooting whenever they do it. They can't Redeploy and Unleash Hell in the same turn though.”

• Thanks 3