• Fyreslayers
    • Idoneth Deepkin
    • Kharadron Overlords
    • Lumineth Realm-Lords
    • Seraphon
    • Stormcast Eternals
    • Sylvaneth

35 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I'm honestly suprised about the immense popularity of Soulblight Gravelords. They're an awesome army, but apart from a few new characters they're just Vampire Counts without the ghosty stuff. Nothing about them is particularly AOS, apart from Lauka Vai and the Vengorian Lords maybe. Is it the balancing or the nostalgia that peoole here are so fimd of them?

Good balance and nostalgia definitely helps, but for me it's that they give off such a strong sense of personality. Models like Annika, Kritza, Anasta, Lauka Vai, Belladamma, Duvalle and his Court, and the Cursed City villains hit just the right balance of sinister, haughty, horrifying and flamboyantly extra that makes vampires so captivating, while all being highly individualistic and distinct from each other. Pretty much every new sculpt has been stunning.

The Vyrkos and Avengorii bloodlines are the 'AoSified' vampires, I'd say. The others are still very traditional Warhammer Fantasy. But honestly, I think that's great - that serves both the players who want a new AoS take on vampires and the players who want to dust off their old collections out of the same battletome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

1)@Skreech Verminking Well, I guess you could say this is 'a truely magnificent one' and that he's 'from the Old World' because that is the Mage God Teclis himself, and even in his AOS attire! You...realized that, right? 

2) I'm honestly suprised about the immense popularity of Soulblight Gravelords. They're an awesome army, but apart from a few new characters they're just Vampire Counts without the ghosty stuff. Nothing about them is particularly AOS, apart from Lauka Vai and the Vengorian Lords maybe. Is it the balancing or the nostalgia that people here are so fond of them?

3)Slightly disappointed that only three people clicked on Orruk Warclans. I thought Kruleboyz would make greater waves with the astonishingly awesome models they've got. They came very close to becoming my third army, before I realized that Lumineth and Daughters would be all that I can handle right now.

1) of Course I knew that! (just wondering but who is teclis again?)🤪

2)makes sense, considering that some of the older armies that existed in the old world can be pretty amazing looking.

and with the recently streamed castlevania series, I’m guessing that a few people sprang on the hype wagon.

Also they are an old world army.

I wouldn’t hold my breath if skaven  would surpass the newer faction like the hated poster-things, for being more popular.

3) that is easy,

they aren’t rats….🤗,

have I told you guys how great the skaven are, and how much fun it is to convert different kind of stuff into weapon teams and so on?

Because it really is.

“join the skaven, for we…. Kill for a cookie”

Edited by Skreech Verminking

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

2)makes sense, considering that some of the older armies that existed in the old world can be pretty amazing looking.

and with the recently streamed castlevania series, I’m guessing that a few people sprang on the hype wagon.

I wouldn’t hold my breath if skaven  would surpass the newer faction like the hated poster-things, for being more popular.

3) that is easy,

they aren’t rats….🤗,

have I told you guys how great the skaven are, and how much fun it is to convert different kind of stuff into weapon teams and so on?

Because it really is.

Fumny thing about the rat things... I usually really like rats as a theme. For example Hamelin in Malifaux, so basically the whole evil pied piper thing. Just Skaven themselves rub me the wrong way. However the evil science subtheme they have is really, really cool, and I do like some of the other sculpts as well. If the don't look like monkeys (looking at you, Nightrunners). 

Though I do love your enthusiasm. ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Though I do love your enthusiasm.

I really don’t have to,

if the skaven race goes down, so to will the seraphons (likely)

so at least I won’t be alone😜.

at since we arrived here, anybody interested in playing a superior faction over the hated pointy hat-things?

then start with skaven, we die in style and don’t suffer a painful death, by having too much weight on our necks.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

3) that is easy,

they aren’t rats….🤗,

Because it really is.

Well, since SBGL have Kritza, the rat prince one might say that Skaven have infiltrated them so altough they call themself Soulblight Gravelords they really are only a new subfaction of the greater Skaven?

19 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Well, since SBGL have Kritza, the rat prince one might say that Skaven have infiltrated them so altough they call themself Soulblight Gravelords they really are only a new subfaction of the greater Skaven?

Well he is the incarnation of a rat swarm, 

so basically the incarnation of lesser skaven, meaning that he has the worthiness of a skavenslave, if not even less.

But I do agree, he is an amazing model

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

3) that is easy,

they aren’t rats….🤗,

Because it really is.

How many clanrats do you have these days?

18 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Merrily smiling Archmage means your bitter opinion is invalid. 

554148587_Screenshot_20211209-2233442.png.b6f328e86db3302b5681363f3d884908.png

I actually will say that it has to be your knife ears as they're getting a new model.

I'm happy to reveal that a new teclis model is coming out following community feedback that his trousers were far to voluminous and silly , and his animal companion was wearing a silly mask to hide his shame, so the new one will be based on his Broken Realms artwork and will be far more accurate. Behold:

wQ4eTKDmV5kUIS3q.jpg.945f97f27c1573aa3a4

here it is:

eaf9c323dee89b9bb60cd597fa60cc9f.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Really would've wished I could vote Sylvaneth on the basis of the models, and what seems to be the intended playstyle. But, with rules mess, and all the wyldwood FAQ's and just general issues with actually using the wyldwoods, I've tuned out of them game-wise. It's just too frustrating to play with the faction - I figure I'll wait until a new book drops.

Luckily, I also really like Kruleboyz, on the one hand their aesthetic, and on the other hand I love all the one-shot and pick&choose abilities. It makes you feel like you earn the win.

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Awesome. Keep up the good work.

Sadly I only have 40, so no competition from me!

Thx will do so.

Although I’m currently working on building 19 more rattling gun weapon teams instwad of buying myself more clanrats.

I just have to figure out how I can use the blue stuff to make myself some more turrets.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

My vote was for those SoBs.  Ogors was almost there but I played more games with my Megagargants and they are indeed a relaxing army to play without much to remember... and I had fun kitbashing all of them out of Chaos bits.  You'll all be happy to know I only have like a 50% win ratio with them too!

Please tell me that you at least enslaved one of the gargants in the name of the ratkin?E0DAA8E7-D47B-4442-B352-A6CD79E51122.gif.44c22c53d7bc82b78c30eb69565189ff.gif

I would have voted for Soulblight, however, vampires have become real push-overs which stings and actually breaks my immersion.

I voted for Stormcasts: Cool new models, their book is okayish, however: dRaGoNs!

@Maddpainting if you love Beastmen: Give the show „Wheel of time“ a shot!

Edited by JackStreicher

15 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I would have voted for Soulblight, however, vampires have become real push-overs which stings and actually breaks my immersion.

@Maddpainting if you love Beastmen: Give the show „Wheel of time“ a shot!

Well, us Chaos worshippers know that pain all too well. 

Still less painful than watching "Wheel of Time" though! Sorry for disagreeing but I wouldn't even recommend my arch enemy to watch that. 😅

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Curious: why? I was sceptical for the first 45 mins. Yet the second 45 mins hooked me

Hmmm, I dunno but I felt a couple of things were pretty off about it. From the whole „he‘s a man, he has to die“ (yeah, I know that’s part of it but what a start 😂) intro to the grading (I feel like fantasy does benefit from some more striking color correction, else it looks too mundane/colorful) to the way the spell-casting looks… To the way it‘s written… I haven‘t read the books but I felt embarrassed watching it, dunno, just has a weird vibe to it. No epic feeling like LOTR certainly. I watched a couple of episodes but I feel like this could‘ve been done way better. Seems like they‘re just trying to tick off some boxes instead of trying to make the fantastical work well. Some things they did well enough but other scenes were really insufferable to me. Hoping the other (2 of my friends are huge WoT nuts and they also didn’t like it) WoT fans are happy with it at least

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Hmmm, I dunno but I felt a couple of things were pretty off about it. From the whole „he‘s a man, he has to die“ (yeah, I know that’s part of it but what a start 😂) intro to the grading (I feel like fantasy does benefit from some more striking color correction, else it looks too mundane/colorful) to the way the spell-casting looks… To the way it‘s written… I haven‘t read the books but I felt embarrassed watching it, dunno, just has a weird vibe to it. No epic feeling like LOTR certainly. I watched a couple of episodes but I feel like this could‘ve been done way better. Seems like they‘re just trying to tick off some boxes instead of trying to make the fantastical work well. Some things they did well enough but other scenes were really insufferable to me. Hoping the other (2 of my friends are huge WoT nuts and they also didn’t like it) WoT fans are happy with it at least

I have read WoT twice and for me the serie isn't disappointing at all. The WoT isn't the same as LOTR or other similar worlds, when you read the books it's more of a crossadventure from several people and their different points of view. The magic and battles doesn't really appear until the 8th book.

And returning to the main toppic I should say that KO for ever, even if this year I have played a bit more with Sylvanteh, SCE and SBGL.

• Like 1