The Painting Contract - September 2021

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for September 2021!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

So… last month was pretty hectic for me, but I managed to get some stuff built… and some partial painting on terrain. Let’s see if I can make more progress:

Hobby Goals this Month:

Painting:

Paint Death World Forest Terrain

Prime Catacombs Terrain

Building:

Warcry: Catacombs Dungeon

Warcry: Catacombs Aboveground

Build: Khorne Bloodreavers for Warcry

Build the Sector Fronteris Killzone

Nighthaunt Warcry Warband basing and Building

Stretch Goals:

Prime the Beastgrave Scatter Terrain

Prime Bloodreavers

Prime Nighthaunt Warband

• Like 1

Not as far as I hoped last month. However with school holidays past I may get more evenings free. I would like to

Complete 5 Khorne marked slaves to darkness knights

Build and prime 20 slaves to darkness marauders

Paint the Rohan cavalry from war of the ring board game

in addition I would like my son to prime his army and finish his old school Lord Kroak

• Like 1

I’ve been procrastinating painting Melusai spear women for too long, I need to just paint the last 2. I think it’s because I can never remember what colors I use for the snake bellies and I would much rather paint faces instead of masks.

I might be able to squueze out another month of procrastination by painting the bloodwrack medusa instead. Yeap... that sounds much more fun.. then I can sub assemble my 2nd cauldron of blood and start painting that instead... although I’m not sure I can handle another 2 month Cauldron project this year. 

In conclusion, I suppose I will paint at least 1 Melusai, and either: another Melusai, or a Medusa, or start a Cauldron. There, wasn’t that hard to commit. 😋

• Like 2

Pledge for this month:

finish my 6 Boltboys and my 2 Swampcalla Shamans.

Additional goals:

If the Kruleboyz wanna join the party ill probably buy and assemble alot of them, but if not I have a Rogue Idol that'll need some love

Edited by mrteige
  • Like 1

Finally settling in after a new move and job, started working on my Knight Arcanum. Apologies for the makeshift background, don't have my lightbox setup yet.

EDIT: Fixed the cloak, will go back and start working on the face. Going to have to start learning how to do them at some point lol.

p3aqUvq.jpg

9KPJKNd.jpg

6yRhDUM.jpg

OhjnCjK.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 1