Frostlord on Stonehorn (430)

BATTLELINE

2 x Frost Sabres (55)

2 x Frost Sabres (55)

2 x Mournfang Pack (160)

- Gargant Hackers

TOTAL POINTS: 1975/2000

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

This list has the same issue as any list I manage to build around Kragnos: You end up with a really really nasty hammer, but beside it there is little to nothing left to be called an army to play the game. 2x2 Frost sabres won't do much beside standing on a free objective and the mournfangs can be shifted quite fast as well. 

Was wondering when they do a book Passover if maybe they could make the blizzard mechanic a bit more relevant in the game without it being busted. 

some ideas I had in mind for this

- damage check happens every hero phase, not just your hero phase

- each thundertusk model on the map subtracts one from the roll

-a 4+ prayer that increases the damage to d6 for models wholly within 18 inches

Makes huskard TT valuable enough to be worth taking and creeps up the damage output to a level that is a bit more modern

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I have made a probably terrible list with giants. (I recently got some to be ironblasters, but got distracted by warhammer 3 and decided to turn 1 into a reference to the inspiration for the ogre giants. Lots of chains and attitude. Not sure on the helmet or not yet.) 

Having faced thundertusks when they were broken and now, the modern kin need help. The old ones were oppressively unfun to play against though. Need a medium between the two. Schauer's suggestion isn't a bad one. Gluttons and mournfang need a buff, and I'd like to see some more utility for the faction as a whole, but the gutbusters feel like they need more help. Making everything 2" + would help a lot. Leadbelchers need a tweak I feel. I get that they're firing scrap, but making it longer range and d3 damage would feel better. They're shooting cannons after all. Something closer to a more aggressive kurnoth bows sounds right. (It won't happen, but I'd like a faction that incentivized you to use old school allies, or maybe even gnoblars.)

Anyways, the list that will likely get stomped once I have fulfilled my debt to Khorne next weekend. Xp

Spoiler

1980pts - Blood Gullet tribe.  -  Grand Strategy: Beastmaster    -- Triumph: +1 to wound rolls

* - command entourage,  ** - hunters of the heartlands,  *** - Alpha beast pack, % - regiment

* - Tyrant - Trophy rack, Farseeker (+1 save)

* - Butcher - cleaver, Ribcracker, Molten entrails

* - Frost lord on stonehorn - General, splattercleaver, nice drop of the red stuff, metal cruncher

*** - Aleguzzler gargant

*** - Aleguzzeler gargant

** - 2 Mournfang - iron fist

** - 2 Mournfang - iron fist

** - Stonehorn Beastriders - vulture

% - Butcher - Tenderizer, Molten entrails, levitate

% - Gorger

% - Gorger

The idea of the list is to use the gorgers + mournfang to screen out for the monster horde. If by some miricale you get to be the alpha striker, you use your beast pack move to keep the giants up with the rest and hopefully your tyrant can hand out buffs if there's a scary monster. Is this a meme list and in no way is going to stand a chance against my tournament scene area? Yes, but I will die with honor. XD

Sadly, I have suffered nothing but defeats since my tournament win. Simply don't stand a chance against all the alpha strike heavy cavalry lists. My gun ogres still have good odds against the old monster list meta, but those have gone the way of the dinosaurs. Without the +1 to hit, it just doesn't have the gas. Especially with how I've been rolling lately. Xp (A 10% success rate with 3+ 3+ melee and 3+ 2+ shooting. It hurts my soul.)

Hope you all have a lovely week. Cheers!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I have just started a brand new army and went with ogors. My first army was skaven and to be honest after painting a million tiny rats I wanted the total opposite but didn't fancy the sons of behemat so here we are...

Me and my friend are starting a path to glory campaign with 1000 point lists, he's seraphon.  I've picked up the start collection box with 4 mournfangs and magnetised the stonehorn/thundertusk kit so that it can be either with any of the combos of single or duel riders with any of the weapon options.

My question is what loadout and list do I run with? I have no clue about ogors at all... I am gonna pickup another box of figures spending roughly £40-£50 (lgs element games uk) and thinking do I go with another start collecting box or a slaughtermaster, or is there something better to use against seraphon?

Any and all advise welcome! Thanks

Mawtribes have two rough flavors- BCR, which is what you already have with the Start Collecting! box, and Gutbusters, which is more like the footslogging Ogre Kingdoms from WHFB. If you get another SC box, you can make a pretty effective 1000pts list with 2 huskards on stonehorn and two min squads of mournfang (so two riders each). Although it's a little outdated now, I'd suggest finding HeyWoah's video on YouTube about why you should play odors- it will give you a lighthearted look at the faction.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to put ogors into a Mok-centric thematic list, a mix between Kruelboyz and Gloomspite Gitz that venerate the cunning but brutal part of Gorkamorka, but it seems I can't find a lore reason to justify the ogor's pressence. Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

I want to put ogors into a Mok-centric thematic list, a mix between Kruelboyz and Gloomspite Gitz that venerate the cunning but brutal part of Gorkamorka, but it seems I can't find a lore reason to justify the ogor's pressence. Any suggestions?

They changed things so that Ogors worship Gorkamorka as the Gulping Maw or The Great Beast that Consumes the World didn't they? The Firebellies also call him the Sun-Eater. So basically all their religion was retconned changed to worshiping him.

Ogors are also commonly mercenaries and have also never been known for adhering to honor or loyalty, so cunning tactics aren't out of the question as long as you can find an Ogor capable of formulating such plans. Or perhaps they are simply following the plans of a Kruleboy rich enough to hire them and keep them well-fed. Maneaters could slot in well thematically, seeing as they have more worldly experience, and are renowned for being opportunistic.

I think Ogors could very well fit the 'cunning but brutal' part. They wouldn't have the control or stealth capabilities to be all cunning, but they make up for it with brutal strength once they are in your face. If they have to set a trap or ambush for that, they would.

Edited by Vastus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just started with a small ogor force, rounding ‘bout 2000points at this point.

since I’m used to converting my stuff I started with building my own kind of slaughtermaster.

let’s just say

that he really hates walking

DE40C8F7-7196-4201-81B2-BB2262A07E88.jpeg.ce2c64a11dc7822dc39efa1ba9714cb5.jpeg

currently my army looks more like a normal ogor army, yet I’ll be trying to build as many

pirate hats out of greenstuff.

After all what better way to have mercenary ogors then those from a pirate coven.

thankfully the newest underworld ogor warband, gave me the perfect tyrant.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So back in January/February I finally painted up a mawtribes list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: None
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Icebrow Hunter (125)*
- General
- Command Trait: Winter Ranger
Slaughtermaster (140)*
- Artefact: Wizardflesh Apron
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
4 x Frost Sabres (110)*
- Reinforced x 1

Units
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells & Invocations
Soulscream Bridge (70)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112
Drops: 1

I haven't gotten any games in with it yet, haven't gotten any in at all really, but with Krondspine out I was wondering if the list would be better or worse with him included.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: None
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Slaughtermaster (140)*
Icebrow Hunter (125)*
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*

Units
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur (400)*
- Allies

Endless Spells & Invocations
Soulscream Bridge (70)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 76
Drops: 1

The basic strat is to shove the leadbelchers through the bridge, shoot with d6 shots, 3d6 charge with kragnos, and hopefully mop up whatever's in the way.
I could run the same artefacts/CT in either list.

Krondspine adds another big threat and an extra bonus to cast to force bridge on t1, but you lose out on the extra 8 leadbelchers.

Its possible to run the lists in underguts but you don't really get much out of it.
Unfortunately its really hard to fit a unit of 12 leadbelchers into a list with kragnos, and impossible to do it with kragnos and krondspine. you also can't fit 12x leadbelchers and 8x leadbelchers in the same list with kragnos, which is why I opted for 2x8 in the first list.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

• 1 month later...

After a month of digesting the new ghb what's the consensus are foot ogres still shooting ourselves in the foot ?

I tried some glutton heavy lists and they hit harder than after the coherency change that's for sure . But I feel very much the weight of a lot properly planned out books , with overall low rend they are bouncing off of most things it feels and their killing potential for their cost doesn't match other offensively focused armies .

Honestly I'd like gluttons to go down to 4 man base, and then reinforcing to 8 to trigger improved mortals on charge. As of now reinforcing a unit of gluttons leaves you with a relatively lack luster 500 point brick 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 12:53 AM, Skoll said:

After a month of digesting the new ghb what's the consensus are foot ogres still shooting ourselves in the foot ?

I tried some glutton heavy lists and they hit harder than after the coherency change that's for sure . But I feel very much the weight of a lot properly planned out books , with overall low rend they are bouncing off of most things it feels and their killing potential for their cost doesn't match other offensively focused armies .

Honestly I'd like gluttons to go down to 4 man base, and then reinforcing to 8 to trigger improved mortals on charge. As of now reinforcing a unit of gluttons leaves you with a relatively lack luster 500 point brick 

Even in Bounty Hunters?  Seems like 1 Glutton unit with Bounty Hunters should be pretty good.  I figured Ironguts should be amazing now, as they were good before.  (haven't had Ogors for a while but was tempted to get back into them).

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Even in Bounty Hunters?  Seems like 1 Glutton unit with Bounty Hunters should be pretty good.  I figured Ironguts should be amazing now, as they were good before.  (haven't had Ogors for a while but was tempted to get back into them).

The problem is them being galletians and their already meagre survivability being cut further by all the bounty hunters out there 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

You think we will be getting one of those new starter boxes too then? Just saw start collecting beastclaw raiders to be gone from the webstore.

Yeah I would bet they'll get a new starter.  There's the new Bloodpelt Hunter guy coming, and I'm sure he'll be in it.....with maybe, maybe?  Plastic Frost Sabres?!?  And really hopefully new plastic Butcher/Slaughtermaster kit.  I sold all my Ogors a while back, making Sons of Behemat instead.  But you know I really miss my Ogors so much more than enjoying the giants.  More variety of playstyle with the Ogors.  But I'll wait for both tomes to decide what to do.

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Plastic Frost Sabres?!?  And really hopefully new plastic Butcher/Slaughtermaster kit.

Dont get your hopes too high. Tzeench has gotten their Curseling Modell renewed instead of that god awful Fatemaster. Way too many outdated kits in ogors. Since we apparently release simultaneously with Gargants and they already start showing off new models for STD that comes around Christmas I don't know how much we will actually see for the gutts besides that new hunter. If I could at least ask for one improved model for the guts I'd think I would like Yetis? Not that I ever cared to play yetis but god they are hideous. But yes most of the roster needs a new model. Not gnoblars. I am happy to forget they exist.

Basically our entire faction is only purchasable online thats how outdated it is. Only tyrant and ogre bulls are in stores. I am really curious what of all that they try to get into a boxset. Looking at the other box sets I dont see us getting our Stonehorn kit in the box sadly. I dont think the new hunter will lead the box. Neither Nurgle nor Nighthaunt got their new hero models in their boxes. I could see Tyrant, Bulls, Scrap Launcher kit and leadbelcher/Iron guts? I dont see a box mixing Guttbuster and Beastclaw but woudnt mind seeing mournfangs in it if GW decides to actually mix it up. They won't put in the other Guttbuster heroes as long as those don't get new models. 

I hope for the Firebelly to feel more included in the new book and not that weird cousin that stands next to both subfactions not really part of any. Would be a shame to leave my converted Firebelly gathering dust. 

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

But you know I really miss my Ogors so much more

Even if you leave your tribe behind. The hunger stays forever. The hunger drives us all.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Bloodpelt Hunter base size? Ive done scaling against other pics and seems to be a 40mm. I'd love him on a 50mm like the tyrant but that makes the model taller than a tyrant. It does however seem to be a newer design as in proportions, etc. 

I really dig this new look  and he'll be my first ogor purchase as the older style kits just dont quite do it for me. Beastclaw are nice but still a touch too cartoony. 

I've even been messing around in sketchbook with a slightly tweaked color scheme to make him appear even less "human".

20220906_174337.png.a90beca963e89fdc74baa1fb4be8b9c7.png

Ogors used to be grey in the old world as well, yeah?

Edited by Vasshpit

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Ogors used to be grey in the old world as well, yeah?

Ehm. If we talk about common skin colour Ogres were like human skin colour if I remember correct? They were any shade of skin you could find from Eastern Europe to Eastern Mongolia. Maybe more dirty but I dont remember any grey ogre imagery of the top of my head. 

At least that's the official ogre images I still remember. I am not sure about the lore with skin colour changing depending on what they eat already existing back then.