The Painting Contract - July 2021

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for July 2021!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 1

This month I’m working on terrain!

goal:

Warcry Starter Set Completed

Paint AoS Plant Terrain (barbed venomgorse and grappleweed) for Warcry (was Killteam terrain)

Stretch:

Build and Paint Warcry Catacombs Terrain Set

Paint Warcry Starter Warbands

Paint Beastgrave Terrain

I am a bit in between armies, more or less finished my nighthaunts, and just started with Mawtribes. Both armies have a bit dark theme, at least thats how I paint them. and I I really like to try something with a bit brighter, contrasting  colors as well. So for this month my goal is to finish a couple of underworld warbands:

- Myari's Prufiers

- The Dread Pageant

- Hrothghorn's Mantrappers

• Like 2

July will see some sci fi, as I'll be running a game for that. I really need to get my 3d printer set up in a better place so I can print off all my STLs. Few Chaos cultists, a few Guardsmen, a few Skitarii and then I need some monstrosities I haven't purchased yet.

Though I'll probably do some 20 Blacklist minis as well

Finishing the (small) ossiarch bonereapers force I have had sitting in a box since feat of bones, and a couple of heroes I picked up since, so I can justify expanding the army:

2x Morghast

Vokmortian

Mortisan Soulmason

Mortisan Boneshaper

If I get the above done I'll start rebasing my ogors onto round bases.

• Like 2

• Finish 1 Sister of Slaughter who is 60% done already
  • Finish 1 the last attendant on my Cauldron, who is 50% done
  • Paint 1 Melusai

I can probably paint at least 1 more model, and it will either be Morgwaeth or another Melusai, depending on what feels more interesting at that point. 

• Like 2

I am currently revisiting old dwarf sculpts. This month I'd like to finish a couple of metal flame cannons (the very old version and the slightly newer one) for which I already painted crews.

This is part of my pile of shame before I move to some Fyreslayers I wanted to paint.

• Like 2

Just finished my converted chaos lord today so I'm saying he counts for July lol.

Realistically I think I can get the rest of my characters painted so that's 2 Slaughterpriest and a bloodsecrator. If I can get everything I need together to properly strip an old dragon ogre conversion I've further converted into a skullgrinder than I'll add him to my goals for the month.

• Like 1

Gonna join in on the contract for the first time. Goals:

• Finish Ylthari's Guardians (1/4 done so far)
  • Finish Sepulchral Guard (2/7 done so far)
  • Paint at least one more Tzaangor test model using my latest color scheme idea

Stretch would be painting more Tzaangors, either more test models or putting a scheme I'm happy with into production.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So I'm off the lumineth train. 

I'm also shelving my idoneth because I'm burned out on them a bit.

So I'm changing gears. I'm pledging to paint as many models from this list as possible!

20- Vindictors

Yndrasta

3 - Praetors

3 - Annihilators

1 Lord Imperatant

1 Knight Arcanum

1 Knight Vexilor

1 Gryph hound

It's time to build up my Celestial Warbringers.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, Greybeard86 said:

I am currently revisiting old dwarf sculpts. This month I'd like to finish a couple of metal flame cannons (the very old version and the slightly newer one) for which I already painted crews.

This is part of my pile of shame before I move to some Fyreslayers I wanted to paint.

It seems I ll make good on the contract. Moving on to assembly and final effects (highlights, smoothing of certain transitions, and so on).

I am a bit scared of basing. It was never my forte and I haven’t done any in many years. 

• Like 1

Azyr's celestial energies scatter throughout the mortal realms. The skies blacken, wicked lightning bristling in the bellies of dark thunderhead clouds.

Let the Hammers of Sigmar take the first glories.

Let the Anvils of the Heldenhammer keep their vigil as the Old Guard

Let the Celestial Vindicators brutalize the minions of chaos to red ruin.

It is the task of the Celestial Warbringers, who have foreseen our own deaths, to crusade and burn bright amid the flames of righteous battle!

Go now! Take to the heavens, and fall amidst the darkness as the burning light of the stars themselves!

-- Osana Bright Spear of the Celestial Warbringers

Still need to work on the cloak and face, but getting up to my current battle standard for the Warbringers!

R7hynxc.jpg

mLW2slj.jpg

yQWuPDd.jpg

gmAV4C7.jpg

yhVKs5K.jpg

SZ3hCWG.jpg

nZN8qjI.jpg

ZYzzqVb.jpg

• Like 3