Broken Realms: Kragnos - SPOILER Discussion + Lore Summary

With the release of the lore article today on Warhammer Community, we get our first spoilers of the book.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/25/as-the-new-edition-dawns-where-does-each-grand-alliance-stand/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=AOS, TV&fbclid=IwAR05e9T2TlKDkpYvSQbj1H7y6OOE0SjCZ0nOo4VkMuTKbLOmF-Qxd7yIWtg

""A vast army of Destruction rolled up to lay siege to Excelsis. It took the combined might of Lord Kroak, Morathi-Khaine, and Gardus Steel Soul’s Stormcast Eternals to finally draw Kragnos away from the city, but the victory was only temporary.""

I'm sure with its release coming soon we will get some more spoilers once people get their hands on the book. 

The Soulbound rpg already does that surprisingly. First it stated that the God-king finally relented and gave her Anvilgard in the face of greater threats(like Belakor which was a big spanner in his plan as he freed the Stormcast prisoners to goad a prolonged civil war but Sigmar saw through it), then Shadows in the Mist showed Morathi-Khaine's alliance starting to crumble as she ended up giving those that helped her take the city the short end of the stick(mainly the Darklings), only the Daughters really benefitted and there's nothing more to pay the Deepkin off with.

So now she has to play nice to hold her new empire together until it can stabilize. So that "broke ties with the Stormcast" bit didn't last long. xD

(The Broken Realms short story alludes to both as though Sigmar thunders about it the city is in Order's hands still and the Shadow Queen has to deal with more uprisings)

But yeah, this will be a goodwill move to keep the God-king off her back. Gardus and the Hollowed Knights will likely vouch for her as they have been doing for the troublesome elements of the Khainites, Fyreslayers and Deepkin to keep the races united together.

• Like 4

It came up in the DoK battletome as well.

Lord-Veritant Keiser Ven Brecht – captured during the fall of Anvilgard – escapes through the intervention of an unknown benefactor and brings word of Morathi’s betrayal to the God-King. Sigmar’s fury is great. He dispatches three Warrior Chambers from the Hammers of Sigmar to retake the city. They find the armies of Khainite city Har Kuron ready and waiting, the Daughters of Khaine standing defiant alongside Dreadspears and armoured Drakespawn Knights. Battle is joined with terrible zeal.

[...]

At that pivotal moment, the skies split apart, and a coruscating column of lightning carries the Celestant-Prime to earth. In a voice that thunders over the clash of battle, the God-King’s champion orders a halt to the killing. To the surprise of all, save perhaps Morathi herself, he offers a parley. The goddess accepts.

[...]

When the summit is over, the Celestant-Prime emerges and orders the Hammers of Sigmar to withdraw from the city. Har Kuron is to remain in the hands of Morathi – for now, at least. What has been promised in return, Morathi does not say.

Cool to see the RPG build on it though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2021/05/29/broken-realms-kragnos-review/

The Sprues and Brews article is UP, meaning that we now know the general plot of the book - just keep in mind that it isn’t a perfect summary and some stuff might not be wholly true.

That ending reveal though! 

Shows that the article from earlier this week really was full of spoilers. 

All and all seems like an okay conclusion for the series but dosent hit the highs of Morathi or Be'lakor.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I don’t think they mention enough details

Athel Loren regrown though...

WHERE....ARE....MY....KURNOTHI?

Centaurs, satyrs, male and female, we need them! They just need to be careful with nymphs. If they do add them, make them badarse warriors, not eye candy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

So just read the review. Is that all there is about Gordrakk? He and Kraggy duel and he's impressed so they team up? That it?

Never would of happened with my main man Grimgor. 

EDIT: @LordAlpharius I'm confused why you are confused. 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Finally we see the trial of Morathi, She is not impressed that Sigmar himself has not attended and instead left the Celestant Prime with his authority. The Prime is on the verge on sentencing her to death for her treachery when the White Bearded Dwarf interrupts proceedings advising that the Prime show clemency and spare her life as they need to work together. The Dwarf is revealed as Grungni the Great Maker, and it seems that he has stepped back out of myth in order to get the forces of Order ready for the new dangers that now face them.

"Morathi, I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers initiative."

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

It’s just a review so the book may be better than it seems, but this story sounds really dissapointing. There have been a lot of sub-stories build up for a loooong time, and they end pretty anti-climactic. 

the newborn was a major plot point. But now the twins are defeated because they were interested in a couple of elf souls in one city? 

Gordrakk attacking excelsis was also build up for a looooong time and then gordrakk is upstaged by Kragnos. And then kragnos gets teleported away? 

I’m also curious why Morathi comes to aid excelsis and how she ends up being trialed? 

I’ll wait for more info and reviews, but I’m not a fan of this ‘ending’ of the story. 

• Like 1

I do love the fact that this means we will be seeing more Sylvaneth and/or Wanderers and KURNOTHI! 🤩

The way that the Twins and entire Slaaneshi side has been handled is truly sad.

ALSO, this massive enormous WAAAGH is broken pretty easily in the end, another strange ending.

Likely not fully with how huge it was, it's probably a reverse on the Age of Chaos situation where chaos controlled the realm center and kingdoms were pushed to the far edges so now Nurgle is gonna be clinging to the dangerous far places of the Life Realm.

8 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

just keep in mind that it isn’t a perfect summary and some stuff might not be wholly true.

This.^

Lore guys were pretty livid with how many details and exaggerations they made with the Belakor book.(I wouldn't be surprised if they added in that Loren reborn bit just because they wanted to connect it to the Oak of Ages)

Regardless, cool to see the Oak of Ages evolved into the Yggdrasil of the Mortal Realms with it's cosmic roots. That much life magic promises new races and indeed probably Kurnothi in the future as Cursed City showed it was in a Sylvaneth sub-realm only those with the lamentiri stomach seeds(Sylvaneth & Kurnothi) could be allowed in as they're literally apart of Ghyran.