Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

6 minutes ago, lare2 said:

I'm in zero rush to get these. There was no way I could be chewed to fight the crowd. 

same. I'll wait some time to get them. 

But it has surprised me that got sold out.

Yeah ordered mine this morning too, but I’m ditching my old vamp and starting afresh so need some variety for my vampire lords. All round bases will break my heart but be much more aesthetically pleasing. 

Had a farewell game with legions as well, Vhodrai is still a beast. Hope he makes it through...

Edited by El Syf
  • Like 1

It's a bit annoying that there is no warscroll but as people say, hopefully this means that there inclusion in the army book is going to happen sooner rather than later.

One titbit of information is in the pre order article they have put up on Warhammer Community, where it states in Underworlds one of their unique features is that the warbsnd contains TWO wizards. So trying to make educated guesses the AOS rules will be that they are 4 separate characters of if they are a unit, it will be one that can cast two spells per turn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

Thinking about it. GW might as well reveal Abhorash and bankrupt me. 😄

if they give us a new blender lord (say Abhorash, i would not mind) i hope he is either on foot or on a horse, i am quite sick of giant monsters

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

Thinking about it. GW might as well reveal Abhorash and bankrupt me. 😄

There is not much space for centerpiece models, but a Sigvald/Guilliman sized model would be nice

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Has anyone got ANY information suggesting Flesh-Eaters will be rolled into Soulblight Gravelords beyond the Warhammer Weekly rumour that the battletome and endless spells are going away?

I just started Lumineth about a month ago because I didn’t want to wait for the vampires, but if Flesh-Eaters are rolled in then I’ll drop them in a heartbeat to expand on my Fec instead

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Has anyone got ANY information suggesting Flesh-Eaters will be rolled into Soulblight Gravelords beyond the Warhammer Weekly rumour that the battletome and endless spells are going away?

That's it.  Honestly, it seems pretty unlikely, though there's really no telling right now.  We may not have that long of a wait to find out either way.

Edited by Sception

28 minutes ago, Sception said:

That's it.  Honestly, it seems pretty unlikely, though there's really no telling right now.  We may not have that long of a wait to find out either way.

I think how similar the bats from The Grymwatch and Cursed City are to each other might be a tiny hint, considering the rumour about the book and spells

If FEC get rolled into gravelords, then we have 3 horde battleline options in skellies, zombies, and ghouls.. they all do basically the same thing. I would hope they differentiate them all from each other in terms of actual role in the army.

I actually hope they do not get rolled back in, the hopes of it all being balanced would be slim.

1 hour ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I'm sorry if I missed something, but what rumor is this?

Tom? From warhammer weekly podcast said he’d been told by reliable sources that the Flesh-Eaters battletome was ‘on life support’ and the endless spells were ‘not long for this world’ they then speculated about what that means for the faction for a few minutes 

32 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

he’d been told by reliable sources that the Flesh-Eaters battletome was ‘on life support’

And that is why we can’t have nice things...

The faction is still competitive and you can built a bunch of interesting lists from ONLY THREE UNITS!!! the endless spells are interesting and at least the chalice competitive. and the fluff states, that vampires first created the poor buggers by shunning them and now, as karmic revenge, they live in fear of a highly contagious madness, that will target especially their minds...

of course somebody in the GW-Dungeons plans to wreck everything, because their new fluff is just not up to level.

Gravelords is a LoN 2.0 so there is enough room for fluff and everybody is praying for interesting mechanics of the dynasties... making one of them fec as a shortcut, because „can’t be bothered“ 

sounds almost legit, considering the FAQ 21 nighthaunt point desaster 

well, gotta pray to Nagash and hope for the best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honk said:

And that is why we can’t have nice things...

The faction is still competitive and you can built a bunch of interesting lists from ONLY THREE UNITS!!! the endless spells are interesting and at least the chalice competitive. and the fluff states, that vampires first created the poor buggers by shunning them and now, as karmic revenge, they live in fear of a highly contagious madness, that will target especially their minds...

of course somebody in the GW-Dungeons plans to wreck everything, because their new fluff is just not up to level.

Gravelords is a LoN 2.0 so there is enough room for fluff and everybody is praying for interesting mechanics of the dynasties... making one of them fec as a shortcut, because „can’t be bothered“ 

sounds almost legit, considering the FAQ 21 nighthaunt point desaster 

well, gotta pray to Nagash and hope for the best

Remember, it’s just a rumour - there’s been literally nothing else to corroborate FECs getting absorbed, and to be frank I wouldn’t be surprised if I it was just misphrased speculation.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Remember, it’s just a rumour - there’s been literally nothing else to corroborate FECs getting absorbed, and to be frank I wouldn’t be surprised if I it was just misphrased speculation.

This. I found the rumour unbelievable honestly, I am 100% sure that Flesh-Eaters aren’t being discontinued (the zombie dragon/Terrorghiest kit is shared with Soulblight for the mounted Vampire Lord for a start and I don’t imagine that kit going anywhere). So the only way that rumour COULD have any slither of truth to it, is if they were rolled into Soulblight Gravelords, but we’ve had nothing to suggest that’s happening, except maybe the similarities between the Grymwatch and Cursed City bats, but that’s not really enough of a hint to me.

im a bit nervous about the possibility of it though. I have my issues with how Fec work now (mostly that list building is too difficult as you basically only have 1 Battleline option unless you take either a subfaction that only benefits a single unit type, or making an underling your general and wasting the command trait, and I think some units are overcosted), but we have no idea what changes, if any, would happen to their warscrolls and allegiance abilities. On the other side though, I’d look forward to finally being able to have Mannfred lead an army of Fec and not be gimped by being an ally

• Like 3

let us thake the FEC rumor with a good grain of salt, i seriously doubt they are going out like this, i believe they will remain their own faction.
Speaking about some speculation, i wish to talk about two things:
1- what three endless spells are we getting?
I would say a bat swarm that give us some kind of bonus against shooting, some blood fountain (this could also be a scenic though) that grants us some regeneration (and hopefully blood knights resurrection) and a generic mortal wound spell, probably something bat-shaped like a big blood bat that cuts people with its wings.
2- if they give us Abhorash what can we expect from the strongest melee fighter lorewhise? Is he going to be a gotrek like warmachine or something a bit more sober like a souped up sigvald/aenarion?

I doubt it will happen, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did.  Ghouls were part of vamp counts and it was mostly fine.  Pestilens got rolled back into skaven, and neither pestilens nor the rest of skaven suffered for it.  Yeah, GW would need to work to find a way to differentiate skeletons, zombies, & ghoyls, but they already need to work on that with just skeletons and zombies, and the more armored skeletons may me a sign that they're actuallly tackling the problem.  zombies could be the hoardy chaff, skittles the tougher & more buffable core troops, and ghouls could still have room to be their own thing as outflanking skirmishers skulking on the flanks.

I'm not saying GW would definitely get it right, but it wouldn't be all that much harder.  And fec could use the expanded unit selection, too.  Building an entire army out of three kits gets old fast.

Again, I'm not saying it will happen, I don't personally think its very likely.  'Reluable Sourse' rumirs in this hobby are anything but.  And I'm not saying I want it to happen either.  But it really wouldn't be that bad either way.  Or, well, it could be, but it wouldn't *have* to be.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

This is what happens when a new game comes out and tries to establish itself as something radically new while using old model lines. Aos originally just had the army PDFs - then just made grand alliance books - then broke all armies into little sub factions . That was the beginning of the mess. 
   We later graduated to individual faction books ( Bonesplitterz, BCR etc.) Overtime they realized they should’ve never completely broken up factions and started to bring them back together - Warclans , Mawtribes , Cities - and SBGL is the new version of that . It would be a stretch but I think rolling FEC back with SBGL would make sense and kind of “complete” this undead faction. Who knows - maybe they can even keep their lore somehow. There are a lot of new warscrolls coming with our old remakes while still having the others which are sure to pop up ( corplse cart, Mortis etc.).  But if this turns out to be the case - this will easily be one of the larger armies out there. 
 Or perhaps they won’t get rolled in and instead have special ally rules for certain builds. Regardless - I have a feeling we will find out soon .

• Like 1