Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

3 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

Oh well...they missed my taste by a mile and a half. I will probably pass on this one for now.

Maybe the big saturday mystery reveal will be the Old World.  That might have a version of vampire counts more to your tastes.

6 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

I feel really torn about the vangorian lord. On one hand i love it but on the other one i really like characters riding things. I think i could slap a head on the monster body and add legs to the rider

I agree 100000%. I think Lauka Vai / Vengorian Lord look good if they were two different models (bottom half and top half) but together as one model it looks a little goofy to me. I think it is because it obviously is supposed to be like a Centaur Vampire, but I feel like the "human" half should be connected at the waist and not the shoulders. Soooo, if this model has stats that are good and I want to include it in an army then my plan is to kit bash it, joining the human half to the beast half at the waist and then putting wings on its back (maybe from VLoZD kit?).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ghoooouls said:

I kept my expectations low and am blown away with all our new stuff.

I'm assuming we get the vyrkos infantry from cursed city too, seeing as they are featured on radukars base.

I'm so hyped.

Well I ASSUMED we would prior to today. But after today I am thinking we are not, since they said we've seen all the models now, and we didn't see them as stand alone models aside from being in Cursed City.

Just now, BaylorCorvette said:

I agree 100000%. I think Lauka Vai / Vengorian Lord look good if they were two different models (bottom half and top half) but together as one model it looks a little goofy to me. I think it is because it obviously is supposed to be like a Centaur Vampire, but I feel like the "human" half should be connected at the waist and not the shoulders. Soooo, if this model has stats that are good and I want to include it in an army then my plan is to kit bash it, joining the human half to the beast half at the waist and then putting wings on its back (maybe from VLoZD kit?).

I actually love the Vengorian Lord. 

It looks like nightmare fuel, properly surreal. Which is what I like in my vampires. For me it's a big win and basically the one thing carrying today's reveal for me. 

16 minutes ago, CDM said:

Bit pissed were not getting foot vampires in the style of crimson court or feral like the vykros Bloodborne☹️

This is a little bit unfortunate as the bloodborne even appear on Radukar's base... My suspicion is that the crimson court are all what we might consider character vampires.

2 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

with some luck  the torso is Sigvalds Size. 

Dragon Zombie/ terrorgheist neck/head is probably too big to attach...

Hmmm, this is gonna take some adjusting. I'm not blown away immediately... think I'm gonna have to just look at them a lot longer to decide. Like the dogs mind.

By the bye, someone owes me a Mars bar. 

Edited by lare2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the new monster hero, but then again I'm prone to loving goofy minis.  I am a big fan of the OBR range.  The rules for the Vengorian lord will definitely work for any 'vampire lord on abyssal terror' models or conversions people still have lying around from the old days.

Well, having seen everything my initial order, assuming I'm not beaten out by the scalpers, will be:

• Battletome - limited edition if I can nab it
  • Lauka/Vengabus - which I build will depend on the available subfactions and their lore
  • Dire Wolves - one box should do me for now
  • Blood Knights - again one box should do me to start
  • ~ Maybe ~ some fell bats, depending on how much the rest costs.

I really like the new vampire lord, but after picking up the Crimson Court I've got like 8 regular vampire lords to choose from which I like just as much.  I'll probably get it eventually, but not right away.

The new Vyrkos heroes, including Kritza and Annika, look good, but I still feel burned by Cursed City, so I'll probably hold off on them for now.  Unless they end up being the designated Nagash loyalists subfaction, but somehow I doubt that.

As for replacing my battleline infantry, I like my current skeletons just fine, and imo they look better next to the existing grave guard models which are apparently sticking around.  I'm more inclined to ditch my current zombies, but I've still got way too many of them to replace in one go, and without a generic version of the gravekeeper, or even the ability to just take Gorslav by himself, I just can't work up the enthusiasm to build and paint a bunch of zombies right now.  I will eventually replace my current zombies, certainly long before I replace my current skeletons, but not right away.

“Yo dawg, we heard you like Blood Dragons, so we made them into literal half-Dragons so you can play them alongside your Zombie Dragons and your ACTUAL Blood Dragons.” 

Jokes aside, the Avengorii are definitely gonna take a lot of getting used to imo. I like the idea of them and that they’re essentially LITERAL blood dragons, but the wings at the hips looks a bit off. The Vyrkos stuff on the other hand looks godly. One thing I will say is that I like how each of these new AoS bloodlines seem to be based around some kind of animal - wolves, dragons, etc. Makes me curious as to what they’ll add in future. 

• Haha 1

I’m more concerned with the actual warscrolls now; if blood knights have lovely new models but are still a bit meh, what’s the point? Same with vampire lords and Neferata and Manfred. They all need some love warscroll wise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sception said:

Maybe the big saturday mystery reveal will be the Old World.  That might have a version of vampire counts more to your tastes.

Possible. The Russian inspired vampires don't even look that bad but that is nothing that would make me start a new army.

Well, I have bought a Tzeentch lot a few weeks ago so that will probably be my rabbit hole for 2021.

It literally hits the spot for me 😍 

I literally was consindering going for the new wolfriding goblin faction but since i got it all included in Soulblight i am super stoked. my purse will be very happy and so am i 🥳

so lets wrap everything up. With everything we now to the date I think we might get something like this. Almost Stormcast Eternals level of characters. 

CHARACTERS
- Radukar the Beast (NEW)
- Lauka Vai / Vengorian Lord (NEW)
- Belladamma (NEW)
- Wight King on foot (IN)
- Wight King on mount (RENEWED)
- Necromancer (IN)
- Vampire Lord (RENEWED)
- VLoZD (IN)
- Mannfred & Neferata (probably IN)
- Vhordrai (IN)
- Kritza (NEW)
- Annika (NEW)

- Blood Knights (RENEWED)
- Vargheists (IN)
- Fell Bats (RENEWED)
- Zombies (RENEWED)
- Corpse Cart (IN)
- Terrorgheist / Zombie Dragon (IN)
- Black Knights (IN)
- Skeletons (renewed)
- Dire wolfs (renewed)

- Grave Guard (unknown)
- Bat Swarms (maybe, renewed in Cursed City, but too similar to fell bats)
- Palanquin / Throne / Engine (maybe)

- Crimson Court (NEW)
- Sepulchral Guard (maybe)
- Cursed City party (maybe)

- Nagash (maybe)
- Arkhan (out)
- Morghast (OUT)
- Wraith / Banshee (OUT)
- Hexwraiths / Black Coach / Spirit Hosts (OUT)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With 12 new kits in this release, I'm actually quite happy. 

Some people are saying not enough generic kits.... but: 

- Blood knights
- Skeletons 
- Zombies
- Dire Wolves
- Dire Bats
- Wight King on horse
- Vengorian Lord

I suppose the only old kits that are being kept are probably: 

- Black knights
- Grave Guard
- VLoZD
- Vampire Coven/Mortis engine (I hope that's still an option, love those)
- Corpse cart
- Necromancer
- Wight king on foot. 
- Bat swarms (shudder)

And all the old NH and OBR stuff will get cut out and LoN book will be scrapped. Overall, I'm quite happy with where Grand alliance death went. 

All in all, this feels like the first GA that was "properly converted" to AoS without too many lingering WHFB holdovers. 

Edited by Elmir

I'll be leaning heavily on a bat aesthetic based on what we've seen. 

Fell bats, Vengorian Lord, Vargheists and maybe a Terrorgheist depending on rules. Plus Blood Knights, Skeles and whatever else points allow for. 

Bat-Nightmare theme here we go. 

If the Vengorian Lord is strong then I'll take the generic one, if Lauka is too good not to take I may go for her instead. 

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

I love the new monster hero, but then again I'm prone to loving goofy minis.  I am a big fan of the OBR range.  The rules for the Vengorian lord will definitely work for any 'vampire lord on abyssal terror' models or conversions people still have lying around from the old days.

Well, having seen everything my initial order, assuming I'm not beaten out by the scalpers, will be:

• Lauka/Vengabus - which I build will depend on the available subfactions and their lore

I really like the new vampire lord, but after picking up the Crimson Court I've got like 8 regular vampire lords to choose from which I like just as much.  I'll probably get it eventually, but not right away.

The new Vyrkos heroes, including Kritza and Annika, look good, but I still feel burned by Cursed City, so I'll probably hold off on them for now.  Unless they end up being the designated Nagash loyalists subfaction, but somehow I doubt that.

As for replacing my battleline infantry, I like my current skeletons just fine, and imo they look better next to the existing grave guard models which are apparently sticking around.  I'm more inclined to ditch my current zombies, but I've still got way too many of them to replace in one go, and without a generic version of the gravekeeper, or even the ability to just take Gorslav by himself, I just can't work up the enthusiasm to build and paint a bunch of zombies right now.  I will eventually replace my current zombies, certainly long before I replace my current skeletons, but not right away.

i have all my old skeletons on square bases, so I transitioned to using chainrasps... so that means getting some new skellies.

I'll probably get the battletome and some character and after reading it I'll decide around what theme I build the army. 

Also I have metalhead and plastic dire wolfs and some fenrisian wolves. I'm not really fond of the new ones, so I don't know if l'll end getting some wolves.

12 minutes ago, Sception said:

Oh!  And the new mounted wight king, of course.  That's still my favorite model out of this entire wave, and probably my favorite warhammer undead model ever.  It really is just fantastic.

8 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

I'll be leaning heavily on a bat aesthetic based on what we've seen. 

Fell bats, Vengorian Lord, Vargheists and maybe a Terrorgheist depending on rules. Plus Blood Knights, Skeles and whatever else points allow for. 

Bat-Nightmare theme here we go. 

It will be interesting to see whether we can get a decent flying circus going.  I rather expect that sort of army build to remain more of a FEC thing, but if one of the subfactions makes fell bats or especially vargheists battleline there might be a workable build for it in there somewhere.

• Like 1

I don’t want to say it but I can see us getting luminethed, no endless spells or terrain, no mounted vampire lord to lead the nice new blood knights, grave guard kit sticking round when they look weaker than the new skegs? Soulblight Gravelords book 2 and second wave late October/November.

no evidence just gut feeling.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sception said:

It will be interesting to see whether we can get a decent flying circus going.  I rather expect that sort of army build to remain more of a FEC thing, but if one of the subfactions makes fell bats or especially vargheists battleline there might be a workable build for it in there somewhere.

I am seriously hoping for some deep strike or out flanking options. Either Feel Bats being able to deep strike in or perhaps a carry over from Legion of Night where you can outflank with X number of units.