The Anvil of Apotheosis - Post your creation

8 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

I mean...  for all that ethereal and shields don't play nice, they otherwise did a pretty good job of it.  Everything else you can do is a little bit too expensive (points-wise) and can't really break the game.  A much preferred outcome to the opposite, where if things were too cheap or good we'd just shelve the whole system and never see it again.  This way, it might actually get used and tweaked and improved!  I'd love to see the in the next revision of this: the one page of hero upgrades expanded to 3 or 5 pages, and include the options for more keywords, etc.

Oh absolutely. I think it’s a really fun thing. 
I’m already looking for a fourth player so we can do a map campaign, where everyone brings there own hero that upgrades d3 destiny points after each battle. And maybe +1 for every secret objective you fulfil. Making them worth something as well. 

because how often do you tie on points? Aos 1 it happened way more often but with the recent scenarios it’s getting less and less likely. 

1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

Wow - how did you make your war scroll look so nice?

I took the colors of the frigatte and the base writting of the of Astreia. Any graphic design software  can do the trick.

It's not as fast as @RuneBrush warscroll builder site or the oficial PDF, but it's the first step of a personal project: give a "functional" warscroll to all Old World characters. 

Btw, two more erratas in Azhag's Warscroll: the third ability should be Slagga's Slashas instead of another The Crown of Sorcery and the Poisonous Bite is from the companion's Jaws and not companion's  Maw.

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

I took the colors of the frigatte and the base writting of the of Astreia. Any graphic design software  can do the trick.

It's not as fast as @RuneBrush warscroll builder site or the oficial PDF, but it's the first step of a personal project: give a "functional" warscroll to all Old World characters. 

Btw, two more erratas in Azhag's Warscroll: the third ability should be Slagga's Slashas instead of another The Crown of Sorcery and the Poisonous Bite is from the companion's Jaws and not companion's  Maw.

Nice! Did you update the original picture in the previous page?  It still shows the pre-errata warscroll for me.

And here is my Scholar hero! In english (not my native language) so please, excuse (and report) spelling errors!

I've made this hero for  home brew campaing and a really specific scenario.

In the battle this hero will be involved, one army (CoS) have to get control and securing objectives in an old ruined town to find the location of a long time lost temple (that will be the place of the next scenario of the campagne).

To reflect that, the CoS army will have to bring the scholar to controlled objective to have him able to investigate for clue to find location of the lost temple. I'll challenge that with a mechanique of "knowledge points" that Scholar score when "investigating" on specific objectif secured by his army.

This come on top of regular vitory point (based on objective) making posibility that even if wining the battle, it is possible that army dont find enough clue about the location of the lost tmeple and does not "unlock" next scenario of the campain. In the oposite, battle may be lost by CoS army but having them able to found location of temple anyway!

This should force the CoS army to "protect" the scholar at any cost to allow him to do his job!

421667570_TheScholar.png.a057c964fee214d4c280028191c9a1ec.png

And for thos who want to know why is he on a squar base... this is becaus this is only base that allow him to get into my Celestrial Hurricanum :

1281292648_TheScholar2.jpeg.8fd9c29677ab6678ec119c034f33d1e5.jpeg

he obliviously would hate to have to walk ;)

Edited by RedMax
rebuild of the warscroll after learning how to implement italic and bold text (for better lisibility) in Warscroll Designer !
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

16 minutes ago, Laststand said:

All of the heroes are created as unique characters so they cant take command traits or artifacts. 

The rules say you can create your own unique hero - as in a hero that doesnt exist, but nowhere does it say they must be a named character.

It is also made up, for open play, so people can do whatever they want really, with the only way to use them in matched play with permission from your opponent, and it only says that they have the 'leader' role, with  no mention of any 'unique' notes to them like named characters have. If they can't take traits or artefacts it would state that they have he leader role and count as unique on their pitched battle profile.

I can quite easily create my own hero that is simply a leader, not a named character and take items and traits so long as I have my opponents permission.

Edited by Ghoooouls
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Laststand said:

All of the heroes are created as unique characters so they cant take command traits or artifacts. 

@Ghoooouls explained really well. There is only an small introduction that says that you create unique/personal Heroes, and that's all.

The Anvil of Apotheosis doens't give any description like "X is a named character", so it's up to you if you want to allow traits and artifacts.

Imho, if the characters are not gamebreaking (3+ save with etheral with 3 to5 attacks with 2+hit/2+wound/-3rend/5dmg), I think artefacts and traits could help spice your games a without becoming toxic for both players.

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

@Ghoooouls explained really well. There is only an small introduction that says that you create unique/personal Heroes, and that's all.

The Anvil of Apotheosis doens't give any description like "X is a named character", so it's up to you if you want to allow traits and artifacts.

Imho, if the characters are not gamebreaking (3+ save with etheral with 3 to5 attacks with 2+hit/2+wound/-3rend/5dmg), I think artefacts and traits could help spice your games a without becoming toxic for both players.

Its all flexible and as you point out used in matched play with permission. The way I read it was that if i was a unique character it would have the same restriction as a named one. Otherwise someone could make 3 vlads. 

I personally wont use artifacts/traits, nor would I agree to an opponent doing it. However, its a choice and you can enjoy your game any way that works for you.

I read it as @Ghoooouls and @Beliman. For me this does not imply the caracter to be a named one.

And to be honest, I will probably create the 2 case. Some Hero I'll create will not be named (and potentially take trait and artefact) and some other may be named (even if I'm prety bad finding cool names).

2 hours ago, Laststand said:

Otherwise someone could make 3 vlads. 

Not really a problem. Just dont be lazy and if you intend to use multiple time same warscroll, dont give it an unique name.

With the bitz of my Arkam I've build 2 Vampire lords (Neferata and Mannfred), but instead to name him "Mannfred on foot", which could even be an issue if I would run a "normal" Manfreed (that I dont own today ;) ), I named him: Vampir Lord, Follower of Mannfred (to try to explain why looking so clos to him).

You can argu how not inspired this name is ;) , I can't deny, but I dont feel like abusing if you would bring him twice on the table.

And as talking about them, here the warscoll (sorry, I still didnt translate them yet):

1461915443_VampireLord-discipledeMannfred.png.a8bd8897f237349c9ce7d93321132ead.png

1437105831_VampireLord-discipledeNeferata.png.48ea05fef65c5507568705856133ccc2.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20200725_143738.jpg.5da6545930ad04bcf1f1f1ab0028e5ae.jpg

Heres my 3 ghost dwarf heroes. Part of my never ending quest to bridge Total Warhammer and AoS. I tried my best to make rules that will play out like Clan Angrund's ancestral heroes. Any proofreading appreciated.

Screenshot_20200725-125222_Drive.jpg.7be9c4bf1e5d95034a3aba7fcfc99684.jpg

Belegar is pretty much a thane. Just an extra tough dwarf tank with only a couple leadership abilities. 

Screenshot_20200725-125157_Drive.jpg.700a4edf261852788249c8d0b728f920.jpg

Grimm is the engineer. I wish i could buy an arty buff for him but Lead the Attack will have to do. Other than that he's just a sniper. I gave him extra shot to act as his shotgun. I could cut his 2-handed cog axe for a couple extra points but I chose to stay lore friendly.

Screenshot_20200725-125208_Drive.jpg.57f1a31e466b8be6564963b919675ee0.jpg

Throni is the runesmith. Of course replacing all the "prayer" text with "rune terms". Wrathful invocation already has the rules of the now retired rune of wrath and rune.

Overall just basic archetypes for dwarf hero with the ethereal ability but im very happy to have them represented this well.

(Sorry downloading as pdf squished a lot of words together)

Edited by Oath Stoned
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I think this may be related to doing this on a mobile device - I didn't do any mobile testing on the designer 😂

I designed on a laptop. Downloaded pdf and emailed to my phone. So not sure what happened. My fault for not saving the cards and not looking before I quit the page. Tyvm for the app.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

They're in the latest Generals Handbook, so your best bet is to grab a copy of that

ok, I will do it but i have one doubt, could i upgrade the melee weapons to obtain in one weapon to wound with a +1 and to hit with +1 to hit (all rolls hits)  or obtain damage 7 with any weapons?

While i wait the answer i share my hero:20200729_225339.jpg.f3e037aa624d5eb4d01b829850801158.jpg

20200729_225324.jpg

Edited by Sartxac

1 hour ago, Sartxac said:

Could i upgrade the melee weapons to obtain +1 to wound and +1 to hit with one weapon or obtain damage 7 with any weapons?

Looking at your mini, I'll assume that we could asimilate this weapon as a dual hand sword or dual hand axe.

Dual hand sword is 1"/3a/3+/3+/-1/2damage

Dual hand axe is 1"/3a/4+/2+/-2/2damage

then there is caracteristics improvement options in caracter creation. in the list, there is, between many others, +1 to damage, +1 to hit and +1 to wound. Also each of this bonus improvement could be taken up to 3 time.

So you could go:

taking +1 to hit and +1 to wound and 3x +1 to damage to get an improved weapon of: 1"/3a/2+/2+/-1/5damage

Anyway, each improvement "cost" some destiny point. so improving your weapon this way will increas cost of your hero.

I'm confident that you could build really cool warscroll for your mini that would make sens. There is option to make really powerfull (and expensive in point) hero.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RedMax said:

Looking at your mini, I'll assume that we could asimilate this weapon as a dual hand sword or dual hand axe.

Dual hand axe is 1"/3a/4+/2+/-2/2damage

then there is caracteristics improvement options in caracter creation. in the list, there is, between many others, +1 to damage, +1 to hit and +1 to wound. Also each of this bonus improvement could be taken up to 3 time.

So you could go:

taking +1 to hit and +1 to wound and 3x +1 to damage to get an improved weapon of: 1"/3a/2+/2+/-1/5damage

Anyway, each improvement "cost" some destiny point. so improving your weapon this way will increas cost of your hero.

I'm confident that you could build really cool warscroll for your mini that would make sens. There is option to make really powerfull (and expensive in point) hero.

Thank's, but i changed my question because was bad redacted. Really i want know if the upgrades are unlimited in order to obtain Dual hand sword 1"/3a/1+/1+/-2/7damage or whethever the limit is like 1"/3a/2+/2+/-2/5damage. If i can take 3 times every upgrade maybe the limit is 1"/3a/1+/1+/-4/5damage.

*Also, my mini has one pistol and could use the human as a shield.

Edited by Sartxac

10 hours ago, Sartxac said:

If i can take 3 times every upgrade maybe the limit is 1"/3a/1+/1+/-4/5damage

yep, each upgrade can be taken only 3 time in total.

But not sure what you try exactly to achive.

If looking to build the more deadly mele fighter, I'm confident. you could instead look at 2x 1 hand weapon.

There is several weapon profil, and then many upgrade possible (+1a, +1 to hit, +1 to wound, improve rend, 6 to hit making 2 hit, 6 to bless making additional mortal wound, etc).

now, if for any reason you are looking for the highest possible damage to a single weapon hit, I've just looked quick at such config, but guess max would be 6 damage. Extreme case is probably 2 hand hammer: 2a/4+/2+/-2/3damage that could be improved into: 5a/1+/1+/-3/6damage (there is also a rule limiting rend to a max of -3).

Edited by RedMax
typo
  • Thanks 1