Wrath of the Everchosen New Subfactions

Dreadmund

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

For Slaanesh, maybe there'll be some use in the new invaders host ability. With the cogs (cast by the epitome), there's a guarantee they can first turn charge; they don't do a tonne of damage (even with 6s being 3 hits), but teleporting them without needing to use a spell is pretty useful just to tie up the opponent and remove screens.

Screenshot_20200131-094152_Facebook.jpg

You could also use marauders from S2D. They have like a 95% chance to land a 9 inch charge even without cogs and they do a ton of damage if they land an alpha. The biggest problem is they're off the board in your hero phase so you can't put any buffs on them, which the marauders really need to function well. I guess if you could land an acquiescence it'd help a little.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

You could also use marauders from S2D. They have like a 95% chance to land a 9 inch charge even without cogs and they do a ton of damage if they land an alpha. The biggest problem is they're off the board in your hero phase so you can't put any buffs on them, which the marauders really need to function well. I guess if you could land an acquiescence it'd help a little.

Well in slaanesh I don’t know how many buffs they need. They have +1 to hit natively, -1 rend natively, and if you don’t skimp out on the unit size they will be getting 2 extra hot rolls on every single 6  that they roll,  which could boost their damage even more. Put a chaos lord on foot behind them / in reserve as well, and you can have them pile in and swing twice during the combat phase... that’s terrifying.

the other slaanesh one we saw where they share the charge roll could be great with mauraders as well. Get a big unit of chaos knights or warriors alongside a marauder unit, let the marauder unit charge first and share the dice roll with the chaos warriors for some sweet long bomb charges.

Given that knights of the empty throne have 2 pages, and seem to be varanguard focused, it would make sense that they have 1 page dedicated to the 7 circles of the varanguard, but cannot have Archaon as the general because they are defending the Varanspire whilst he is away.

Hopefully this is where the real Varnaguard power is. Having the hero keyword gives them access to artefacts. Let that sink in for a second.

27 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Well in slaanesh I don’t know how many buffs they need. They have +1 to hit natively, -1 rend natively, and if you don’t skimp out on the unit size they will be getting 2 extra hot rolls on every single 6  that they roll,  which could boost their damage even more. Put a chaos lord on foot behind them / in reserve as well, and you can have them pile in and swing twice during the combat phase... that’s terrifying.

I've thought about a lord on foot, but considering the marauders have to make a minimum 9" charge you're going to have a heck of a time keeping them in range of the Lord at the beginning of the combat phase unless he manages the long bomb charge. Still, extra attacks on 6s and maybe acquiescence should tip them in the right direction. If your opponent doesn't have a good way to limit where you can deploy with screening units then it could be pretty strong. 

28 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

I've thought about a lord on foot, but considering the marauders have to make a minimum 9" charge you're going to have a heck of a time keeping them in range of the Lord at the beginning of the combat phase unless he manages the long bomb charge. Still, extra attacks on 6s and maybe acquiescence should tip them in the right direction. If your opponent doesn't have a good way to limit where you can deploy with screening units then it could be pretty strong. 

I know when I'm playing my deepkin the last thing I want is to have a bunch of oiled up half naked barbarians charging my eels turn 1 before I have a chance to maneuver. This seems like it would be a really good combo that I both love and absolutely hate to see. 

I think having the lord or any hero with them anyways would be good, even if he technically doesn't make it into combat. Gives them a chance for inspiring presence or the re-rolling 1's command ability to go off as well ( wider area of affect if he's the general) adding more to the carnage. and if they're a unit of 40 they have twice the chance for exploding 6's. 

Edit: I just realized this is an invaders host too. That means that  1 of your 3 generals can be aggro with these mauraders, and still have an 18" bubble for the purposes of re-rolling 1's to hit. That's fairly brutal.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

This is one of the biggest challenges with the Chaos Lord. He's so very rarely able to get in to trigger his (incredible) CA.

3 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

That Belakor legion is going to be insane if you can bring back stuff with the DAEMONETTE or BLOODLETTER keyword. D3 Seeker Chariots or D3 Bloodcrushers coming back for a command point seems super strong.

Well, keep in mind they have to die first, the unit still has to be alive, and it's on a 3+. Still decent but with how glass hammer daemons can be I'm not sure how often it'll have value. Even in a perfect situation where 3 have died but the unit is still up, you've still got like a 60 percent chance that you bring back 0 or 1 models which is a tough sell for a command point. 

I do like the droning guard and the invaders host though. They both seem to be mostly upside and do new things for the army. 

It's important to note that it isn't by any means guaranteed - it requires you to roll a 10+ on 3D6, and the only modifier available for it is a +1 to the roll from a command trait. Of course you do have better odds of rolling a 10+ on 3D6 than you do rolling a 9 or lower, but it's definitely not something to rely on. It probably averages out to about three summoned units out of a five turn game. In fairness, that paired with Gaunt Summoners in Be'lakor's legion would probably make a better 'flood the board with Horrors' list then a Multitudinous Host 😅