Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

6 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

Guys I'm not sure whether this works rulewise but I was thinking if the balewind vortex works with Protection of Hysh we could have a nice 15 inches bubble for a 5+ ward save.. and what if we can combine that with the sanctum of Amyntok..  if one chooses Iliatha we can get a command trait..

So imagine a Stonemage with 8 wounds 3+ save which will ignore -1 rend, -2 to hit due to Amyntok and look out sir and the 5+ ward save which he will give 15 inches around him.. sounds tasty.. 🙂 

And even with just the balewind we could have the spell on multiple mages and even if one gets killed we'll be able to cast it with another one..

I would have considered it more if the model was still around. Last time I checked, it was squatted, so I think that the balewind is going to be gone for good. It was a shame, as I never worked up enough courage to buy one!

Speaking of endless spells,i have been debating on what to take. I still think that the rune of petrifaction will be absolutely devastating, especially when combined with other spells like darkness of the soul, overwhelming heat and that gravitonic spell. Plus, we can plant it on objectives and make staying there painful for anyone without a glorious elven helmet. Still, the other spells like gravetide, gnashing jaws and life swarm really appeal to me, and may provide more benefit... I dunno which I want more! 

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

Pfft, subpar magical gimmicks from other Realms. Just stick with the superior options of Hyshian artifice. : )

Yeah, will be really interesting to see what turns out to be the top choices for people. Lifeswarm sounds good, the Balewind too and many more. As Acid mentioned Rune of Petrification could be really good with our synergies. If you have a double turn, you could get 5 hits on a unit until it can get out (and that's without all the options to slow down stuff, or deny movement at all). On the other hand 70 points ... . 

Hi guys,

Question about the Lumineth box. I ordered one from Element games last week. it was dispatched on monday. I haven't received yet. I didn't take the tracked option because it was too expensive (I'm in France).
How long did you guys out of the UK or in the Uk had to wait before you received it ? I fear my box might have been stolen by an unscrupulous "La poste" employee. 

7 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Hi guys,

Question about the Lumineth box. I ordered one from Element games last week. it was dispatched on monday. I haven't received yet. I didn't take the tracked option because it was too expensive (I'm in France).
How long did you guys out of the UK or in the Uk had to wait before you received it ? I fear my box might have been stolen by an unscrupulous "La poste" employee. 

Hmm maybe chuck them an email at the end of the week if it hasn’t turned up by then. Hope you get it soon!

15 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Hi guys,

I got mine direct from GW, it was sent out on a Friday and arrived on the Thursday after. But many times when I've ordered from other English stores like Firestorm or Element the delivery has taken 2-3 weeks, so I wouldn't worry. :)
I'm in Sweden so transport time shouldn't be too different from France.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, fenriswolf2003 said:

How do I give my wizards more spells? I am starting AoS with this army. On the warsroll of the cathalar is written it knows mystic shield, arcane shot and his own spell. However the list a few comments above gives the cathalar and the wardens two more spells out of the lore of hysh (the lore where everyone but the Alarith have access to). How?

You just decide what spell they have bud and give it to them

Edited by Valthrax

14 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Maturin As an unscrupulous "la poste" employee I take exception to your statement!

In all seriousness, very rarely does postal theft happen.  We have internal postal inspectors who are very good and very thorough at their jobs.

You mean scrupulous then monsieur ;). I Hope that contrôles are strict. When I was younger a Friend of mine had a Friend working in "La Poste" who was systematically declaring Lost, the packagés coming from Japan. Don't know what happened to him but I Hope he at least got fired.

Edited by Maturin

4 hours ago, Adammck66 said:

My brother ordered some Chaos stuff from element games weeks ago thats yet to arrive, and were in Ireland so maybe they are having issues.

I‘ve been waiting for a Ironclad, Greatswords and handgunner for well over 1,5 months by now...

40K minis I ordered arrived within a week...

Yeah, la poste is generally pretty thorough nowadays but it can be a little slow, and compared to the postal service back home (Ireland) it can take a while longer.

The virus also slowed things down a bit, I’m finding even now that my packages are arriving a few days later than they normally would, but I’ve never had something not get delivered. UPS France however is absolute GARBAGE (at least in my city) and unfortunately that is who GW uses. Got my lumineth box this week, it was late and I waited all day for it to arrive only for the UPS delivery guy to drop it off at a collection point that was three miles away. He said I wasn’t home which is utter nonsense. Walking to get it in 30 degree weather made me very much support La Poste because they don’t pull these stunts.

42 minutes ago, Maturin said:

You mean scrupulous then monsieur ;). I Hope that contrôles are strict. When I was younger a Friend of mine had a Friend working in "La Poste" who was systematically declaring Lost, the packagés coming from Japan. Don't know what happened to him but I Hope he at least got fired.

41 minutes ago, Maturin said:

11 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Yeah, la poste is generally pretty thorough nowadays but it can be a little slow, and compared to the postal service back home (Ireland) it can take a while longer.

The virus also slowed things down a bit, I’m finding even now that my packages are arriving a few days later than they normally would, but I’ve never had something not get delivered. UPS France however is absolute GARBAGE (at least in my city) and unfortunately that is who GW uses. Got my lumineth box this week, it was late and I waited all day for it to arrive only for the UPS delivery guy to drop it off at a collection point that was three miles away. He said I wasn’t home which is utter nonsense. Walking to get it in 30 degree weather made me very much support La Poste because they don’t pull these stunts.

Problem with the French La poste, is they often employ temporary workers. last time I had a problem with a delivery (was sent back to sender without any notice posted either on my door or postalbox), I saw a postman in the streets and talked with him. He told me "Man, you don't even know half of it. I'm a postman allright, last time, I was at my place, waiting for the package to arrive and the "postman" didn't come saying there was a meteorologic condition that prevented it( mind you, at that time, May, it was really sunny in my area)."

So there's that. :)

40 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Problem with the French La poste, is they often employ temporary workers. last time I had a problem with a delivery (was sent back to sender without any notice posted either on my door or postalbox), I saw a postman in the streets and talked with him. He told me "Man, you don't even know half of it. I'm a postman allright, last time, I was at my place, waiting for the package to arrive and the "postman" didn't come saying there was a meteorologic condition that prevented it( mind you, at that time, May, it was really sunny in my area)."

So there's that. :)

Let’s support our FLGS’s where possible I guess! 
Mine is really good and always has my orders ready for pickup.

27 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

Let’s support our FLGS’s where possible I guess! 
Mine is really good and always has my orders ready for pickup.

You're lucky!
My "friendly local non gw game shop" is not quite friendly.

I could buy directly from GW, since the GW shop manager is quite a nice dude, but the price difference is really too much for me to buy there. There's a 45E difference between me buying locally and me ordering in the Uk.
Tbh i'm already buying second hand whenever I can, this hobby has become ludicrously expensive compared to what it was even 8 years ago.

Edited by Maturin

Yikes, that’s a big price difference. My FLGS is a GW one but the guys there are a decent crowd and not too competitive. Even if it costs me a few bucks extra here and there I like buying through them as it gives me a place to play, terrain and boards, and they often pop down to the pub for a few pints after a competition etc. That atmosphere, and the general use i get from going there is worth it in my opinion .

29 minutes ago, Maturin said:

You're lucky!
My "friendly local non gw game shop" is not quite friendly.

I could buy directly from GW, since the GW shop manager is quite a nice dude, but the price difference is really too much for me to buy there. There's a 45E difference between me buying locally and me ordering in the Uk.
Tbh i'm already buying second hand whenever I can, this hobby has become ludicrously expensive compared to what it was even 8 years ago.

• Like 2

So, I have been reading and re-reading the battletome, figures untouched, seeking the path of inspiration for my Lumineth.  I find it essential to have a conception for a faction before I can fully invest in it. 

It's taken a while, but I've finally worked out what was missing (for my personal narrative, that is).  I love the spiritual aspect to this army,   which I have been missing since Wanderers were merged into Cities, and realised that what I needed was to introduce the female side of the Realm nature spirit path.  It was as I was thinking about a conversion for my second Spirit of the Mountain;  I knew then that I had to have both a male and female version - Mother Earth and Father Sky, so to speak.  The solution that came to me was to convert a Keeper of Secrets using the leftover parts from building the official model.  I'm fairly sure that the two are relatively similar in size.

Now I have the basic framework for my spiritual path, I find I am raring to go with putting models together and colour schemes, and inspiration to develop my lore further.

I think I've a fun and exciting journey ahead.

• Like 1

So looks like the key to getting back into the fight with this model is going to be the Anvil of Apotheosis, until we see what comes for a Tyrionic side if that ever happens.

Just preordered my copy. Anyone else excited for this character building exercise? 

Could possibly solve the combat character void, but as it stands they wouldn’t be able to take artifacts/relics  without the stone mage or cathallar keywords, correct? 

7E853CDA-B8C8-4637-A1D6-7DF08D7CE538.jpeg

• Like 2

I honestly can't wait to see, if I can recreate a high warden on a griffon or put a mage on a steed (fire!). I've got the old high elf models for it, so I'm currently thinking what else I could do. The designer hinted about Pegasus, so that'd be nice, but I'd have to find the correct miniature for it. Maybe sort of a ranger like character with an eagle or a gryph hound companion.

• Like 1

@Prince Tûrion Rilyalöce About the artifacts - slightly different for the ones in the Lumineth book. Cathallars and Alarith Heroes can take artifacts. I’m not sure if our customs heroes can get sub faction key words. If they do, your model could easily fit as a Cathallar. It says nothing in the book about the Cathallar Order not having also a warrior aspect to it. The model they gave us is a Scinari, which could imply there are non-Scinari Cathallars. And both the Phoenix Stone as well as the Blade of Leaping Gold would go nicely with your awesome model there.

If we can’t get such keywords in the end, then you’d be likely limited to generic artifacts- which doesn’t have to be bad. The Syar artifact would fit well  with your character for example, and would leave you more space for the background of your hero. You likely would also get the Realm artifact for example. 

@ArchaicArc Nothing at all about that in the book. The Souls going back to Slaanesh seems unlikely, but they also don’t seem to go to Nagash, so it’s a bit of a mystery (or oversight, lol) what happens to them. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I honestly can't wait to see, if I can recreate a high warden on a griffon or put a mage on a steed (fire!). I've got the old high elf models for it, so I'm currently thinking what else I could do. The designer hinted about Pegasus, so that'd be nice, but I'd have to find the correct miniature for it. Maybe sort of a ranger like character with an eagle or a gryph hound companion.

Those ideas sound really cool!