Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

52 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

How popular are Lumineth?

Hard to say, warhammer elves were popular, and to many elves of either flavour are a personal favourite, I'd imagine we're going to see a gradual increase of their popularity as time goes on and controversies settle or are forgotten, having a well-supported and new model range is also a good motivator. 

2 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

Hopefully they detail the other temples

This is an area that I feel it needs to be addressed, personally, I'd like to see more short stories that highlight the culture and relationship between the elves, spirits and events that happened in the mortal realm(s).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

When the new units and hurakan temple come out do you reckon we can mix hurakan with alarith?

For sure. New temple is going to have a sub faction that lets you place some units as battleline same as Ymetrica to Alariths.

What I’m worried about is Teclis, his points are good with the limited range we have, but with tons of new units maybe we have to say goodbye. 

Or maybe we are going to see some changes to Teclis in BR like we saw on Morathi?

How popular are Lumineth? I know there’s a lot of criticism of the cow elves but I’ve seen a lot more praises with the hurakan so far. Personally I love the new direction but I was wondering what the overall consensus is? 

Hard to say how popular Lumineth actually are, honestly - the most recent tournament stats put them at ~3.5% of the meta, which is right around the middle of the pack, but tournaments aren't a good representation of the hobby as a whole. And most FLGS's aren't open for games to be played (at least in the US), so I have no idea what my local scene looks like. Lumineth look great, but they're also pretty expensive and challenging to paint for newer players, so that may keep some people away (similar to IDK and DOK).

That said, Lumineth posts and model pics seem very common on AOS social media, so I get the feeling a lot of hobbyists are picking them up for the looks, even if they don't plan to paint a whole army for the tabletop. Part of that may just be because they're the most recent big release, but with the new models set to drop in (probably) a few months I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

For sure. New temple is going to have a sub faction that lets you place some units as battleline same as Ymetrica to Alariths.

What I’m worried about is Teclis, his points are good with the limited range we have, but with tons of new units maybe we have to say goodbye. 

Or maybe we are going to see some changes to Teclis in BR like we saw on Morathi?

Ithink it will depend on the warscrolls and points of the new units and how well Teclis synergises with them.  I'm sure there'll be ways to integrate both into a workable list.  

I can't see them changing His warscroll, though.  Morathi changed because of Her ascent to Godhood - I doubt Teclis will be having any fundamental changes in Shyish and He's not going to die.

Edited by Aelfric

I also think there probably won't be many or any changes to Teclis scroll. Morathi's was old, and they also wanted to change it so that people can use both of the models at the same time.  

Teclis could also get better with the second wave, because we likely see at least one new spell lore (Wind) which he will be able to use. If they do it right, we'll have a variety of playable builds, some with Teclis, some without. With the quite large range we'll have after the second wave (supposed we really get them all), it would be sad if in the end we only have one viable option with only a few "must take" units. 

So, as I've stated before I don't plan to go above 1k for a while (till wave 2 gets out at least). It looks like my LGS has two boxes of wardens and one dawnriders. I'm for sure getting one Warden but should i get the other or the dawn rider?  The rest of the army will be 20 archers, a stonemage and a spirit of the mountain. I'm leaning towards dawn riders myself. Plan is to go Ymetrica just fyi.

1 hour ago, Rakthen said:

So, as I've stated before I don't plan to go above 1k for a while (till wave 2 gets out at least). It looks like my LGS has two boxes of wardens and one dawnriders. I'm for sure getting one Warden but should i get the other or the dawn rider?  The rest of the army will be 20 archers, a stonemage and a spirit of the mountain. I'm leaning towards dawn riders myself. Plan is to go Ymetrica just fyi.

I believe having atleast one unit of Dawnriders is always useful. They are fast (even more so with Speed of Hysh), good against chaff units and useful for casting Lambent Light. 

• Like 2

They are not that good vs chaff, the problem of losing bravey 100% using quartz and being just 2 wounds is problematic for them.

The best option for them is to hold position till turn 3/4 and steal some points or using them in turn 1 to zone in the middle of the table, not letting fast units pass throught and forcing to shoot them if the enemy wants to charge you.

• Like 1

Both are good, and both likely will be useful even with the new units. The new Lord Regent should provide buffs for the Dawnriders, and in a 1,000 list they should be good. 

Depends also a bit what you are playing against locally. If you do not have anyone playing armies with 1,2 wound models, then the Dawnriders will be less useful. 

• Like 1

Well, if Teclis does get to spend his days in a faraway holiday retreat, at least the nightmare of carrying it to a game store is over. The new general seems much easier to transport. I have been holding off on buying Teclis simply because I have no idea how you even carry that thing in public transport and the likes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kugane said:

Well, if Teclis does get to spend his days in a faraway holiday retreat, at least the nightmare of carrying it to a game store is over. The new general seems much easier to transport. I have been holding off on buying Teclis simply because I have no idea how you even carry that thing in public transport and the likes.

We have a thread here on the Lumineth part of the forum about transportation. The one I use can also be used in public transport, and I guess some of the magnet options shown there are even better for that. Depends of course a bit on the situation, how crowded  your public transport is etc., but the those bags are similar to larger sized carry-on baggages that you can bring onto an air plane. 

But yeah, the Lord Regent should be much easier to transport. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we ever get a Vanari Scout-Unit or Ranger-Unit what could it be?
Could it be a Spear Throwing Unit?  Slingers that shoot used Aetherquartz?

I find this interesting, cause in the Battletome it reads something like: "The Lumineth have abandoned the use of camouflage-techniques, since shining bright and blinding your foe is way more effective" .. etc.. :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

If we ever get a Vanari Scout-Unit or Ranger-Unit what could it be?
Could it be a Spear Throwing Unit?  Slingers that shoot used Aetherquartz?

I find this interesting, cause in the Battletome it reads something like: "The Lumineth have abandoned the use of camouflage-techniques, since shining bright and blinding your foe is way more effective" .. etc.. :D

Incorporeal beings of light? Our flying units which are even brighter than Vanari? Or the Cathallar Order has a more melee focused unit which plays that? They were on the Tyrionic side, though if I remember correctly and sounded more conventional. Which makes it difficult yeah. Deception and camouflage are the antithesis of Hysh.  

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Incorporeal beings of light? Our flying units which are even brighter than Vanari? Or the Cathallar Order has a more melee focused unit which plays that? They were on the Tyrionic side, though if I remember correctly and sounded more conventional. Which makes it difficult yeah. Deception and camouflage are the antithesis of Hysh.  

What’s yet to come for Lumineth? I’m of the impression they might not make every temple and Tyrionic order as there will be a point where everything is covered. I’m imagining that when the next waves comes it will covers most holes that need filling and they might release Tyrion with them not sure though.

41 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

What’s yet to come for Lumineth? I’m of the impression they might not make every temple and Tyrionic order as there will be a point where everything is covered. I’m imagining that when the next waves comes it will covers most holes that need filling and they might release Tyrion with them not sure though.

I wish I knew (or maybe not, lol), but there are three sources we can get some ideas from:

a) LRL Battletome: Some of the new units are already mentioned in the Battletome: Lord Regent, 3 Wind Temple units, and maybe the Loreseeker, Bolt Thrower, Marshal, Herald or Mage/Sorcerer, depending on what the shadows we have seen turn out to be. There are still things like knights, charioteers, and the aforementioned scouts in the tome, as well as a few hints about the Sun Spirit, River and Zenith units. There are also hints about phoenixes/dragons in there. 

b) Former HE units: We see that they pretty much bring back a lot of the old HE range in new form and add some things (elementals). What’s missing? All the flyers, heavy knights, charioteers, foot skirmisher and some others, again depending on what those shadows turn out to be.

c) Current models: all the Vanari units show symbols of things we haven’t seen yet, some of the masks on the Warden chest plates, all the fire and phoenix symbols etc. 

I don’t know if we get them all of course, but I think they have at least room for one more big release. 

5 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I wish I knew (or maybe not, lol), but there are three sources we can get some ideas from:

a) LRL Battletome: Some of the new units are already mentioned in the Battletome: Lord Regent, 3 Wind Temple units, and maybe the Loreseeker, Bolt Thrower, Marshal, Herald or Mage/Sorcerer, depending on what the shadows we have seen turn out to be. There are still things like knights, charioteers, and the aforementioned scouts in the tome, as well as a few hints about the Sun Spirit, River and Zenith units. There are also hints about phoenixes/dragons in there. 

b) Former HE units: We see that they pretty much bring back a lot of the old HE range in new form and add some things (elementals). What’s missing? All the flyers, heavy knights, charioteers, foot skirmisher and some others, again depending on what those shadows turn out to be.

c) Current models: all the Vanari units show symbols of things we haven’t seen yet, some of the masks on the Warden chest plates, all the fire and phoenix symbols etc. 

I don’t know if we get them all of course, but I think they have at least room for one more big release. 

Thank you wise one I honestly wish I knew as much knowledge as you. My only experience of the old world is walking into the Warhammer shop with my dad pointing out dinosaur people, my dad seeing the price and walking out 😂

I think that this second wave of models was made or at least in the works when it was written as it seems all those shadows match up nicely. Would be cool to see it fleshed out even further however I’d also like pre existing factions to get that love more. 

despite lore I’m curious as to what the lord regents named character version will be, it’s a similar build with red cloth and a Phoenix emblem on the shield and a tyrionic looking helmet so I’m curious if they’d make that Tyrion or a character from his side. 

hopefully we will hear more of him in the broken realms book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

I think that this second wave of models was made or at least in the works when it was written as it seems all those shadows match up nicely. Would be cool to see it fleshed out even further however I’d also like pre existing factions to get that love more. 

Oh absolutely. It takes around 2 years on average to create new kits (we got that timeframe stated multiple times from people working for GW), so the second wave was atleast very close to done when the Battletome was written. 

I dont think its unlikely that the whole Lumineth range (Tyrion + the other temples) is already done and only waiting for a release slot. GW stated that all the Primaris units were made at the same time and have been slowly released over the course of 8th and now 9th edition. 

Thank you wise one I honestly wish I knew as much knowledge as you. My only experience of the old world is walking into the Warhammer shop with my dad pointing out dinosaur people, my dad seeing the price and walking out 😂

despite lore I’m curious as to what the lord regents named character version will be, it’s a similar build with red cloth and a Phoenix emblem on the shield and a tyrionic looking helmet so I’m curious if they’d make that Tyrion or a character from his side. 

hopefully we will hear more of him in the broken realms book. 

Then your dad’s the wise one, not me 😅

I guess the names character is still from the Teclian side (because of the BR Teclis plot), but would be really interesting if it was actually our first character from the Tyrionic side! 

36 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Then your dad’s the wise one, not me 😅

I guess the names character is still from the Teclian side (because of the BR Teclis plot), but would be really interesting if it was actually our first character from the Tyrionic side! 

Hah questionable he got me into it when he brought the age of Sigmar starter set years ago. 

hmm it’s possible I just think of red and Phoenixs with the helmet silhouette to all resemble Tyrion as I see Tyrion red and teclis as blue. I’m not a lore bank though. 

8 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Hah questionable he got me into it when he brought the age of Sigmar starter set years ago. 

hmm it’s possible I just think of red and Phoenixs with the helmet silhouette to all resemble Tyrion as I see Tyrion red and teclis as blue. I’m not a lore bank though. 

Correct with the phoenixes, and the Lord Regent is an example of a character with a Tyrionic mindset in the Battletome. The  Vanari as such are present on both sides though, so Teclian nations also have Lord Regents. They phoenixes are probably more their personal emblems.

But, it’s also possible we see a character from a Tyrionic nation. I just doubt it alone from a rules perspective. If he has a Tyrionic keyword, if they then don’t also show the rules for the whole nation, the character could be subpar. Let’s see : ) 

9 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Correct with the phoenixes, and the Lord Regent is an example of a character with a Tyrionic mindset in the Battletome. The  Vanari as such are present on both sides though, so Teclian nations also have Lord Regents. They phoenixes are probably more their personal emblems.

But, it’s also possible we see a character from a Tyrionic nation. I just doubt it alone from a rules perspective. If he has a Tyrionic keyword, if they then don’t also show the rules for the whole nation, the character could be subpar. Let’s see : ) 

Hmm very interesting maybe the blademasters will be a tyrionic unit? There’s quite a lot hidden away in that video so it’s exciting to find out. Hopefully we hear in the next few weeks.