Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

52 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

I idea would be taking heroes not more Vanari. The quality of the casts are going to be much more variable obviously, but you can manage that with easy access to a +2/3 with Zaitric and Twinstones.

Further Teclis won't be casting must haves because the army doesn't do that much dmg if you take Teclis, he'll be casting dmg spells, and Shield. So really its 2 utility spells. 

I think the difference in opinion is measuring exactly what you are getting from Teclis. To me its the following:

Protection of Teclis

Storm of Searing White Light

Aura of Celennar (which lets the player take a different City)

So really the conversation is about those benefits in the hero phase, compared to the following 3.

1. The potential for 2 more reliable casts at "10" or the casts of your heroes at potentially +2 or 3 
2. The potential in every other phase
3. How many models you have for objective play

The answer will largely depend on your local community and how long Teclis will survive on average. The longer you can have Teclis on the board the more the choice seems to align with taking him. So perhaps we should figure out how many turns on average Teclis needs to be doing Teclis stuff to be break even?

Sure, I agree with that. Again, I wrote my OP because of Chumphammer talking about problematic, squishy 5W heroes, lack of spell choice and our troops not being great without PoH. Therefore making a mixed list which looks interesting, but an alternative choice to get rid of all those issues would be Teclis. That’s all : ). I understand that he is worried about losing Teclis early, but it just might be worth trying it out once or twice. 

@stratigo Everyone knows that this is not how the rule is intended to be, so if you play with friends or in a local group, I hope you won’t try to pull that off, and I guess in a tournament it will be ruled out. So likely that’s not the reason to take him : ) 

2 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Sure, I agree with that. Again, I wrote my OP because of Chumphammer talking about problematic, squishy 5W heroes, lack of spell choice and our troops not being great without PoH. Therefore making a mixed list which looks interesting, but an alternative choice to get rid of all those issues would be Teclis. That’s all : ). I understand that he is worried about losing Teclis early, but it just might be worth trying it out once or twice. 

@stratigo Everyone knows that this is not how the rule is intended to be, so if you play with friends or in a local group, I hope you won’t try to pull that off, and I guess in a tournament it will be ruled out. So likely that’s not the reason to take him : ) 

:D I don't play Lumineth. I'm just noting it's a kerfluffle in the rules. And it's never entirely certain GW is gonna fix it. 1+ bastillidons are a thing after all. GW confirmed that is was totally intentional that a bastilladon is immune to rend. They could also confirm this is also intentional.

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

I idea would be taking heroes not more Vanari. The quality of the casts are going to be much more variable obviously, but you can manage that with easy access to a +2/3 with Zaitric and Twinstones.

Further Teclis won't be casting must haves because the army doesn't do that much dmg if you take Teclis, he'll be casting dmg spells, and Shield. So really its 2 utility spells. 

I think the difference in opinion is measuring exactly what you are getting from Teclis. To me its the following:

Protection of Teclis

Storm of Searing White Light

Aura of Celennar (which lets the player take a different City)

So really the conversation is about those benefits in the hero phase, compared to the following 3.

1. The potential for 2 more reliable casts at "10" or the casts of your heroes at potentially +2 or 3 
2. The potential in every other phase
3. How many models you have for objective play

The answer will largely depend on your local community and how long Teclis will survive on average. The longer you can have Teclis on the board the more the choice seems to align with taking him. So perhaps we should figure out how many turns on average Teclis needs to be doing Teclis stuff to be break even?

I'm into this.

The fact is: Do you need a magic protection? You have to take teclis. If not, maybe he's not worthy.

Because reliable cast doesn't mean the spell will go for sure (unbind) and it's profile is pretty weak. Anyway, i think that he is playable as long as you use it as a bait for the enemy. Bait in the sense that, even if he gets wounds, his casts remains the same. So, can be pretty worthy. Or let's waint to see the karadron nerf :)

In the end, I'm more into Ilathia then the other nations.

Edited by Raffonerd

Anyone seen this silly thing? One drop (only one Hero though), if you get all the Power of Hysh spells off and Lambent Light off through Spellportal, it's something close to 30+ MWs per turn. On most setups, unless they have good unbinds, you're removing whatever Heroes you want top of 1 with barely any counterplay.

...of course, the list basically auto-loses on Places of Power or against  anything durable against shooting (Idoneth) or MWs. But it is amusing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Anyone seen this silly thing? One drop (only one Hero though), if you get all the Power of Hysh spells off and Lambent Light off through Spellportal, it's something close to 30+ MWs per turn. On most setups, unless they have good unbinds, you're removing whatever Heroes you want top of 1 with barely any counterplay.

...of course, the list basically auto-loses on Places of Power or against  anything durable against shooting (Idoneth) or MWs. But it is amusing.

Thats the list we were talking about. It won a 1 day event (its Peter Kowski's -  etc DOK player) but even he admitted it was silly. They talked about it on facehammer and I agree, its a one trick pony and in a 5 day event scenarios depending, it wouldnt do as well. it also played vs 2 shooting armies, which this excells in. A rush army would really hurt this list 

• Like 1

@LuminethMageI probably will try Teclis at one point, just to say I have tried him for a few games. Do we know his base size?

Id love to do something silly like

Teclis
Gotrek
Cathaller 
1 x 10 Wardens
3 x 10 Sentinals
Legion 

It would be terrible though lol. But amusing to just let Gotrek run forwards with Teclis blasting spells supported by the Sentinals.

Not sure how I would run a sensible Teclis list. Might actually be worth doing something highly mobile

Like maybe 

Teclis
Cathaller
2 x 10 Dawnriders
5 Dawnriders
20 Wardens
10 Wardens
Lance
Spell portal

Balances might be the 2 drop:

Teclis
Cathaller
2 x 20 Wardens
10 Wardens
3 x 10 Sentinals
Legion

• Like 1

I think these will be my 2 main lists I’ll go with:

LIST 1

- Teclis

- Cathellar

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens

- 10x Sentinels

- 10x Sentinels

- 10x Sentinels

- 10x Dawnriders

LIST 2

- Eltharion

- Stonemage

- Spirit of the Mountain

- 20x Wardens

- 20x Wardens

- 10x Sentinels

- 10x Sentinels

- 10x Dawnriders

- 10x Stoneguard

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to give context. Even after the recent 1 day event and some info about a TTS tournament, I still think this is the list I am going into. I know @Chumphammer said two dawn riders are better than one, but I think I still want to use the rune of petrifaction to guard objectives. Dunno how to do spell choice though, and only have a general idea of utility over  what is best. 

I think I need to start playing some table top simulator games myself...

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Mortal Realm: Hysh - Great Nation: Zaitrec

LEADERS
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Fast Learner - Artefact : Silver Wand

-lore of Hysh: Total Eclipse, Ethereal blessing 

Alarith Stonemage (130)
- Artefact : Gift of Celennar
- Lore of the High Peaks : Voice of the Mountain

- Lore of the High Peaks: Stone Assault

Avalenor, the Stoneheart King (360)

UNITS
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Lore of Hysh : Speed of Hysh

- Lore of Hysh : Ethereal Blessing

- Lore of Hysh : Lambent Light

20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh : Ethereal Blessing

20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh : Protection of Hysh

10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)
- Lore of Hysh : Solar Flare

5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)
- Lore of Hysh : Lambent Light

BATTALIONS
Auralan Legion (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Hyshian Twinstones (30) Rune of Petrification (70)
TOTAL: 2000/2000

Edited by Acid_Nine
Forgot to add in anything else other than the list, oops
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

. I know @Chumphammer said two dawn riders are better than one, but I think I still want to use the rune of petrifaction to guard objectives. 

I wouldn't say that lol.

I have just tried 1x 5 and 1x10  so far do wanna give 2x5 a go 

Also just cause it hasn't worked for me as everyone targets them first doesn5 mean it won't for others :)

Will 5 fit in the petrification bubble?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I wouldn't say that lol.

I have just tried 1x 5 and 1x10  so far do wanna give 2x5 a go 

Also just cause it hasn't worked for me as everyone targets them first doesn5 mean it won't for others :)

Will 5 fit in the petrification bubble?  

the Rune of petrifaction is the spell that does mortal wounds for non lumaneth within 6 inches of it. I just think it’s a great spell for placing it down on an objective the enemy is holding and letting them get whittled away while you shoot at them. 

And fair! I think the dawn riders will be staying in the back of my army as I slowly advance up, waiting to zip forward when needed.

8 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

@LuminethMageI probably will try Teclis at one point, just to say I have tried him for a few games. Do we know his base size?

Id love to do something silly like

Teclis
Gotrek
Cathaller 
1 x 10 Wardens
3 x 10 Sentinals
Legion 

It would be terrible though lol. But amusing to just let Gotrek run forwards with Teclis blasting spells supported by the Sentinals.

Not sure how I would run a sensible Teclis list. Might actually be worth doing something highly mobile

Like maybe 

Teclis
Cathaller
2 x 10 Dawnriders
5 Dawnriders
20 Wardens
10 Wardens
Lance
Spell portal

Balances might be the 2 drop:

Teclis
Cathaller
2 x 20 Wardens
10 Wardens
3 x 10 Sentinals
Legion

Some people are saying it’s the same size as Alarielle’s (160mm) but that might not be true. 

There hasn’t been any official information. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

guys if i hot 3 units of 3 wardens, can i cast their spell for every unit? Or just 1 like every spell? Thx!:)

If you mean their warscroll spell so yes (I recall it saying that you can cast it multiple times for the army at the last sentence).

Edit: saw someone else answering this. 

Edited by Howdyhedberg
  • Like 1

Any suggestions you guys have for these lists?

Also a quick update:

Finished seven out of my 15 assembled wardens. I did miss a robe, and need to do some cleanup anyway on all of those. But these are pretty much finished.

Now I could swap the run of petrification for hyshian twinstones and something else in the legion list. That is also an option for endless spells.

TnGr9s5.jpg

mq3W6jF.jpg

tgCmaH8.jpg

image.jpeg

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
Added another list with the Alarith Temple
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Do you guys think this may perform okay?

- Teclis

- Stonemage

- Spirit of the Mountain

- 10x Wardens

- 10x Wardens

- 10x Sentinels

- 10x Sentinels

- 5x Dawnriders

- 10x Stoneguard

You have your Alarith synergies, all spell options, and depending on how it’s played out, the Spirit might even be able to keep Teclis alive. And maybe the opponent is in a bit of pick your poison situation. I’d give it a shot. 

• Thanks 1

Hey guys,

I'm just starting to get into Age of Sigmar, does this seem like a decent list? . If anyone has any advice for me would be much appreciated :)

Zaitrec

Scinari Cathallar 

Alarith Stonemage

Light of Eltharion

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Sentinels

10 Vanari Sentinels

10 Vanari Sentinels

5 Dawnriders

5 Dawnriders

Alarith Spirit of the Mountain

Auralan Legion

1990 points

Vik

14 hours ago, Vik Vijay said:

Hey guys,

I'm just starting to get into Age of Sigmar, does this seem like a decent list? . If anyone has any advice for me would be much appreciated :)

Zaitrec

Scinari Cathallar 

Alarith Stonemage

Light of Eltharion

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Sentinels

10 Vanari Sentinels

10 Vanari Sentinels

5 Dawnriders

5 Dawnriders

Auralan Legion

1990 points

Vik

seems like a reasonable list to me, might be slightly stronger by dropping eltharion to add more wardens but hey, it's a cool model and you want to field him!

14 hours ago, Vik Vijay said:

Hey guys,

Zaitrec

Scinari Cathallar 

Alarith Stonemage

Light of Eltharion

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Wardens

10 Vanari Sentinels

10 Vanari Sentinels

10 Vanari Sentinels

5 Dawnriders

5 Dawnriders

Auralan Legion

1990 points

Vik

Most of us are also only theory crafting right now, but this does look like something at least decent on paper. You have enough sentinels to threaten your opponents key units, a good amount of bodies for a Lumineth army, can grab objectives, have all the spells, and two heavy hitters. 

Relative high drop rate, but that doesn’t have to be a problem. If you like the models in your list, it’s definitely something you can try out and go from there. With the Lumineth, you’ll have get used to how to best utilize their abilities under varying circumstances anyway, so it’s just good to start from somewhere. It could turn out to be a really good list in the end, because you have aces to most of the shenanigans the Lumineth can do. 

• Like 1