Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I bet we would see them back with TOW if we received 'that' Bretonnian hero.

The Marienburg Land Ship wouldn't really make sense in The Old World. It was an incredibly recent invention in Tamurkhan, and the whole point of it was to be an inferior attempt at replicating the Steam Tank, which wouldn't make much sense when its been stated the Empire still knows how to manufacture Steam Tanks in TOW. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

The Marienburg Land Ship wouldn't really make sense in The Old World. It was an incredibly recent invention in Tamurkhan, and the whole point of it was to be an inferior attempt at replicating the Steam Tank, which wouldn't make much sense when its been stated the Empire still knows how to manufacture Steam Tanks in TOW. 

Steam Tanks are a hot topic in TOW. Basically they weren't that scarce during the end of times now, based on TOW book. So wouldn't surprise me if the land ship join the roster.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Steam Tanks are a hot topic in TOW. Basically they weren't that scarce during the end of times now, based on TOW book. So wouldn't surprise me if the land ship join the roster.

The point is that the Land Ship is supposed to be the bootleg knockoff of the Steam Tank because nobody knows how to make Steam Tanks anymore. If people knew how to make Steam Tanks, nobody would make a Land Ship. 

• Like 2

Just now, BarakUrbaz said:

The point is that the Land Ship is supposed to be the bootleg knockoff of the Steam Tank because nobody knows how to make Steam Tanks anymore. If people knew how to make Steam Tanks, nobody would make a Land Ship. 

Minis and lore are not 1:1 in TOW. A clear example is the mages. We would have empire mages but there's no collegiate arcane.

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

It would be criminal if they don't bring back some of those Forge World minis for TOW. That Dwarf Command set is just brilliant.

I hope so! That slayer dude looks awesome compared to the old metal ones!

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Hope that with GW pulling out a sculpt from 2008 they decide to give us the models that they had done for the THrones of Chaos series. I mean maybe they didn't have stuff prepared for all 4 books but book 2 and probably book 3 would have had some. Would be really cool to have them released alongside the Warriors of Chaos box, with their profiles in the Arcane Tome or something.

I Heard some time ago that the Khorne Dragon was initially made as a concept for the Khorne instalment of that book series….but lost to winds of Chaos now 😩

39 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I Heard some time ago that the Khorne Dragon was initially made as a concept for the Khorne instalment of that book series….but lost to winds of Chaos now 😩

I've heard the same too. Tamurkhan was the Nurlge kurgan son and Vorgaroth was the khorne one. There are a few photos of some "unfinished" projects too, like the dwarven thunderbarge for the Black Fire Pass supplement too.

I really hope to see some of them for TOW, even if they doesn't fit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Minis and lore are not 1:1 in TOW. A clear example is the mages. We would have empire mages but there's no collegiate arcane.

Except they made all the mages use different magic because there was no Eight Colleges of Magic back then and went into detail about how the different squabbling states of the Empire has different legal status for wizards. Empire wizards in TOW are explicitly supposed to be the kind of hedge mages that ran around before Teclis gave them training. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I had heard that too, but not sure it is the case, think someone found an interview with the sculptor where he confirmed that it wasn't, as it was sculpted too late or something.

Either way, would love to see the Thrones of Chaos models being released, and GW are going to have molds of some unreleased ones so seems like a good idea, especially given that they are creating metal molds for stuff they pretty much found in a closet 😂

52 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Perfect for AoS, then. Unironically love this about the game.

Absolutely! And me too. It was the loony stuff that first attracted me to the hobby. Mad things like (old metal versions of) the Doomwheel and the steam tank and Arkhan the Black's weird chariot thing... I was obsessed with them. I'm glad that strong sense of the bizarre is still around! 

• Like 2

Just looking at the leaked and sumed up pdfs of the armybooks (in spanish of course, because, again, in Spain we play Fantasy more than chess, lol)

And booooooooooooooooy, the Chaos lord on chaos dragon is still a mad beast. 480 is a heavy price, for that cost (whitout marks or magic objects hold into acount) you get a guy able to go around and erase 1 unit per turn without a lot of oposition. Perhaps a tomb prince in bone dragon or a buffed bretonian could stand a chance? Have to read the rest, tho.

Also, seems like there aren't many limits on redirecters, so I think the infamous trineos* may be on for a comeback.

(the tactic of fielding dozens of just 6 giant rats+packmaster for deploying, redirecting, and trolling)

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Red King said:

I wonder what that means for beastmen. The only army to NOT get an army spread page with everyone else. Probably just forgot about us :/ (or copium they're planning a big release for 2nd edition Old world in 5 years T_T)

They are all there ! ;)

6KPpafB.jpg

• Like 3

Next one:

28.5mm to 25mm trays.
6 by 2 and 4 by 2

This is about the maximum one can do without building a spiral staircase (which, I did for 32mm to 25mm converters)
speaking of spiral staricases, also attached. (these look like the EU might sue me for putting this abomination into existence)

image.png.27d1d8db312ad3320b4d3f90de892ca0.png

28mm to 5mm 2by2.stl 28mm to 5mm 6by2.stl 32mm To 30mm Tray 7 by 4.stl 32mmTo25mm 2by2.stl

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 6

In regards to new Beastman units, there is one really obvious pick which is the Centigor Chieftain, a new hero option without any models which is part of their army list. I don't even remember Centigor heroes being in the old 6E Beasts of Chaos or 7E Beastmen other than Ghorros Warhoof. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mordeus said:

Why is that? I feel he always does that when he reviews a book no? 

Because talking with Nathan from The Great Book of grudges, GW explictly told influencers to talk and explain stuff on videos, but to not show all the pages of the entire book with such detail to avoid having it all in photo'ed pdfs on the internet, which is exactly what has happened.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Because talking with Nathan from The Great Book of grudges, GW explictly told influencers to talk and explain stuff on videos, but to not show all the pages of the entire book with such detail to avoid having it all in photo'ed pdfs on the internet, which is exactly what has happened.

But this is GMG's modus operandi. It's *every* video he does. GW know this and continue to send him everything. He's never been punished before, and this has happened too - people making pdfs from his videos in that one week (now two week) preorder window.

Edited by petitionercity

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

In regards to new Beastman units, there is one really obvious pick which is the Centigor Chieftain, a new hero option without any models which is part of their army list. I don't even remember Centigor heroes being in the old 6E Beasts of Chaos or 7E Beastmen other than Ghorros Warhoof. 

Isn't there a special character model that would fit the bill?

Edited by Jamopower
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

But this is GMG's modus operandi. It's *every* video he does. GW know this and continue to send him everything. He's never been punished before, and this has happened too - people making pdfs from his videos in that one week (now two week) preorder window.

Then mb, lol, and lmao even