Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

Dwarfs appear to be the only army which kept Dispel Scrolls (Rune of Spellbreaking).

Irondrakes have the Detachment rule, which is interesting.

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

I haven't played WFB since 6th, so perhaps the rules changed in 7th or 8th, but doesn't Dwarf initiative of 2 mean they'll basically fight last almost all the time anyway?

It's been a while but off the top of my head Great Weapons made you Always Strike Last in 8th. From the batreps that still seems to be the case, so it means they'll trade better against other 'big smashy infantry' blocs. Also, their Initiative goes up to 4 if they're charged, which might help a bit against certain other things (although I imagine the I-bonus on Charges will mitigate that in a lot of cases).

Edited by Clan's Cynic

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Ugh, I just got in. Logged in from Belgium and waited more than a hour. Every Bretonnian resin mini is out of stock. The hard cover rulebook is out of stock. Than my hope was to get the reference cards, but than I got this.

Lol. What did GW expect, that nobody would be interested in the return of Warhammer. Typical GW. This combined with the posts about orders delayed until 30/03/2024 means GW vastly underestimated the silent majority that just wants Warhammer back!

image.png.d88231980a8def9441f4f4a826c776ca.png

Or they didn't want to risk over producing.

1 hour ago, Segersgia said:

A little timeline video by Arbitor Ian.

For those interested in fluff. A few pointers I've noticed.

- Cathay and Kislev get their own blurbs and mentions, which is interesting, if not a heavy point of speculation.

- MALERION?! not Malekith?

WTF. Did they really name him Malerion?!

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nope. I think they said they would come on a later date.

Ugh! The pain.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Or they didn't want to risk over producing.

Which still means that they underestimated demand.

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's been a while but off the top of my head Great Weapons made you Always Strike Last in 8th. From the batreps that still seems to be the case, so it means they'll trade better against other 'big smashy infantry' blocs. Also, their Initiative goes up to 4 if they're charged, which might help a bit against certain other things (although I imagine the I-bonus on Charges will mitigate that in a lot of cases).

Ah okay, quite a difference from 6th, where great weapons made you strike last, unless you charged (in which case you struck first, but let's be honest Dwarves rarely got the charge off), or you were fighting against someone else using great weapons (in which case, the rules didn't actually have a specific resolution, but I think most people reverted to initiative order).

To be honest, Hammerers losing always strikes last is a nice addition. They're still likely to often strike last thanks to their low initiative, but at least they get to strike ahead of other great weapon users and against other low initiative enemies (e.g. most greenskins, undead etc.). Gives them a slightly more elite feel.

• Like 1

Whelp.  Underestimating demand for a new game is better than overestimating ig, even if it's still not good.  At least the rules will be available in epub form if I can't get the physical books.  honestly, I'm ok with ebooks so I'll just go with that and not risk taking a physical book that might have been the difference in another player getting into the game.

Hopefully they're able to get a second production wave through faster than they did for horus heresy, and the delay doesn't kill too many people's interest in the mean time.

Preorders haven't even gone live here in the states.  Will I be able to get some tomb guard and bowshabti?  Have those been going out of stock elsewhere?

Is there someone who managed to get new models? I opened their store after 9 CET, was in queue until almost 12.00 and by then everything I wanted was already sold out. I literally wanted to throw hundreds of euros at GW and I didn’t even had the chance. So I am off to Etsy  to pay some 3D printers.  Thank you GW, you saved me money.

Just now, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

I've seen tomb guard, stalkers and necrosphinx among the kits that didn't sell out quickly in the UK, not sure about ushabti

The sphinx sold out at discount stores. Ushabti are out of stock on gw uk. Basically if its resin its out of stock 

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dwarfs appear to be the only army which kept Dispel Scrolls (Rune of Spellbreaking).

Irondrakes have the Detachment rule, which is interesting.

Thx for the review. Anything about Dwarfs that can help new players?

Edited by Beliman
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

If they're calling him Malerion retrospectively they probably think they have to call him something that isn't Malekith at this point.

If the lore is all like, he's a conflicted good boy that needs to go on a very special spiritual journey to become the king the elves need, not so good

Remember that Malekith is also a Marvel character which now is owned by Disney.

• Thanks 1

So I went through one of the youtube videos that took a look at the army indexes and started writing an bretonian themed nightgoblin list:

here’s my list any thoughts?

Heroes and Lords:208points:

Night goblin Warboss:86

-light armor(3)

-shield(3)

-on giant cave squig(25)

Night goblin bigboss: 37

-great weapon(4)

-light armor(3)

Night goblin shaman: 85

-level 2 wizard(30)

Special:891points

20Blac orks:306

-full command(26)

-shields(20)

3Stonetrolls:147

-great weapons (12)

10Squig hoppers:146p

-Boss(6)

-cavalry gear(10)

-light armor(10)

-Boss(6)

-cavalry gear(10)

-light armor(10)

-Boss(6)

-cavalry gear(10)

-light armor(10)

Core:809points

20 squigg hoppers 

and 6 squig herders:218

40 Night goblin mob:247

-full command (17)

3fanatics(75)

-throwing spears (40)

40 Night goblin mob:247

-full command (17)

3fanatics(75)

-throwing spears (40)

20 night goblin mob: 97

-throwing spears(20)

Full command (17)

Total:1908points

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doko said:

as means quite clearly that we cant use them in tournaments? i see in the post of today bery clearly that,but not in the old post.

Legacy factions won't be legal in official tournaments run by GW.

So we'll just have to organize our own tournaments that DO allow the legacy factions.

image.jpeg.b210f120c2e28b337cf68c1e71dd4312.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah nor can any of the other gods of the north mythology thank god😂.

god it would be so bad when a whole cultural historical myth can be changed because a company owns the rights to that.

Do you want to know something funny? A wwoman from my country tried to register the Sun (not the magazine lol) a few years ago

/facepalm

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

The starter sets are out of stock on GW uk now

That sucks :( Only just got back from my daughter’s Birthday party. Hopefully it will not be long until they have more stock and they anticipated demand.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

That sucks :( Only just got back from my daughter’s Birthday party. Hopefully it will not be long until they have more stock and they anticipated demand.

Have a look around, I am sure there will be some on third party stores