Tempest Eye Discussion

Televiper11

21 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Hey guys.

So I have a game scheduled for 1500pts against Khorne. But I havent played against the new (I know its not new anymore I know) Khorne yet. This is what I thought of bringing but I am not sure what to expect, other than lots of face smashing, un-dispelable spel..."prayers"* cough cough, and extremely tough and scary Juggernauts. I know there will be some summoning and bunch of small heroes running around buffing stuff.

I wonder if Tempest eye is a good choice against Khorne.

This is what I used in my last game against Nighthaunt and did fairly (-1 battlemage and the PG, had some other stuff in that one) well so I was thinking of going with something similar.  But the issue is whether this is not too heavy on magic and shooting. Khorne was always good at dispelling or at least thats the idea I had.

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280) (Thermalrider for artifact and +1to wound for Shooting)

Battlemage (90)

Battlemage (90)

UNITS

2x10 x Freeguild Guard (2x80) - Shields  

2x10 x Shadow Warriors (2x110) 

10 x Sisters of the Watch (160)

20 x Freeguild Greatswords (320)

10 x Phoenix Guard (160)

I was considering dropping the Greatswords, doubling up on Sisters and add in some more chaff or perhaps Aetherworld Pendelum.

The problem is, his Endless prayers, will most likely be pain in the as* and will force me to move a lot. While I am not worried about the regular stuff, the Juggernauts with 5W and 3+ save put the chills in me and I am really not sure what to do about them If I am forced to move around (thus never getting that impart double tap on Sisters). Was considering dropping sisters entirely and going with two Rocket Batteries for that -2 Rend.

Regarding Bloodthirsters, I know he has one and one DP, no idea about the remainder of the list though.

So uh... yeah, any advice or help is appreciated.

This is only theoryhammer, so take it as you will:

I would think the three mages might be too much. You are putting many points in magic, which may not turn out well.

Don't lose the sisters, they have nice mortal wound output, perhaps getting more is better.

If you have dwarves, those might be quite good as a front line, with a 2+ save and perhaps even rerolling 1. I have a soft spot for Longbeards for this. You have enough spare points to take one longbeard instead of a battlewizard, and I'd take one instead of one of the Shadow warriors.

Irondrakes further in the line could be worth it, but sisters are probably better for you.

22 hours ago, Myrdin said:

Hey guys.

So I have a game scheduled for 1500pts against Khorne. But I havent played against the new (I know its not new anymore I know) Khorne yet. This is what I thought of bringing but I am not sure what to expect, other than lots of face smashing, un-dispelable spel..."prayers"* cough cough, and extremely tough and scary Juggernauts. I know there will be some summoning and bunch of small heroes running around buffing stuff.

I wonder if Tempest eye is a good choice against Khorne.

This is what I used in my last game against Nighthaunt and did fairly (-1 battlemage and the PG, had some other stuff in that one) well so I was thinking of going with something similar.  But the issue is whether this is not too heavy on magic and shooting. Khorne was always good at dispelling or at least thats the idea I had.

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280) (Thermalrider for artifact and +1to wound for Shooting)

Battlemage (90)

Battlemage (90)

UNITS

2x10 x Freeguild Guard (2x80) - Shields  

2x10 x Shadow Warriors (2x110) 

10 x Sisters of the Watch (160)

20 x Freeguild Greatswords (320)

10 x Phoenix Guard (160)

I was considering dropping the Greatswords, doubling up on Sisters and add in some more chaff or perhaps Aetherworld Pendelum.

The problem is, his Endless prayers, will most likely be pain in the as* and will force me to move a lot. While I am not worried about the regular stuff, the Juggernauts with 5W and 3+ save put the chills in me and I am really not sure what to do about them If I am forced to move around (thus never getting that impart double tap on Sisters). Was considering dropping sisters entirely and going with two Rocket Batteries for that -2 Rend.

Regarding Bloodthirsters, I know he has one and one DP, no idea about the remainder of the list though.

So uh... yeah, any advice or help is appreciated.

To be honest I don’t really see the advantage of tempest eye with you list. 

knowing you might face a lot of juggernauts you might as well go anvilgard. 
- it gives you the ‘armour save is -‘ spell. 
- an extra artefact
- the sap strenght is also very good against a combat army like that. 

And your list still works. 
you might need the spell portals or balewind to get the spell off on target though

Edited by Kramer

Thanks for the feedback guys. 
Regarding dwarfs... yeah I have none. Zero. Zilch. Nada :D

Not because I dont want to, but because I have yet to find a good stand in model that fits my Asian mythology themed army. I think something like a Kappa or some sort of humanoid Tortoise would fit well for dwarfs substitute but have yet to find a miniature of that type with the correct scale to fit on 25 mm base.

As for the magic... I dunno what else to go with. I need some more characters in there, and mages seem quite good pick if you are running Hurricanum. I mean, the only other hero I would see here is a ranged one, and we have only Cogsmith for that. 

I managed to schedule a game against Goblins today, to test out the list. I know the GobboGitz are completely different from Khorne but I wanna see how the list does. Have drafted 2 variants of it.

One has a big block of Sisters and Phoenix guard, the other drops a wizard and goes with a Cogsmith and 2 Hellstorm batteries. With Hurricanum in range those should be able to bring enough pain even to a Bloodthirster or Juggernaut.

1500 vs Sisters and PG.pdf 1500 Tempest Eye Cogsmith.pdf

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cauthon said:

Would a Knight venator count towards my 4-1 kharadron ration??

its not an ally in azyr but it doesn’t naturally have the cos keyword. 

Thanks!

Yeah it would.  Basically in Tempest's Eye 1 in 4 can be SCE, 1 in 4 KO, and 2 in 4 CoS.  (I mean you could also have 1 in 4 allies as long as they didn't exceed your points cap).

So a valid format would be:

1 Aether Khemist
1 Knight Venator
10 Freeguild Greatswords
1 Grimwrath Berserker (as an ally from Fyreslayers)

So sometimes you barely need any CoS in CoS haha

Edited by willange

So I'm looking at running something like this as a first foray into TE, thoughts?

Freeguild General on Griffon (320) - General - Command Trait : Hawk-eyed  - Shield & Greathammer - Artefact :  Ignax's Scales 
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280) - Artefact :  Thermalrider Cloak - Lore of Eagles : Aura of Glory
Anointed (100)
Knight-Azyros (100)

UNITS
5 x Freeguild Pistoliers (100)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)
1 x Grundstok Gunhauler (150) - Main Gun : Sky Cannon
6 x Endrinriggers (200) - 2 x  Aethermatic Volley Guns - 1 x  Skyhooks - 1 x  Grapnel Launchers

BATTALIONS
Aetherguard Windrunners (120)

Hi all,

I’m new to Cities of Sigmar and have read through this discussion which has been super helpful, thank you!

Up until now I have played a snake filled Temple Nest army in DoK and before that Khorne and really like the idea behind Cities of Sigmar, specifically Tempest’s Eye to try something a bit different with movement and shooting. I’m much more into casual gaming but also recently attended my first tournament and had a blast (finished with 2 wins out of 5 - which doubled my original target of winning at least 1 game!), so I’m looking for something that is a bit unusual, can hold its own in most games and also something that can be open to conversion/theming.

I’ve put together a quick 2k list (see attached warscroll builder screenshot) based on a few ideas:

- Castling up the FG general, crossbowmen, Hurricanum and Battlemage (on a Balewind with 36” strike of Eagles and 24” Aqshy fireball), screened by the handgunners – ranged output and MW on an objective (40 shots from the crossbows at 2+, 2+ with buffs is not to be laughed at by any unit, even without rend)

- Running first turn with the Phoenix guard and Anointed (good range with Tempest’s Eye extra movement) – either grabbing an objective or generally being a hard to shift nuisance

- Aggressive first turn movement with the Stardrake – 22” fly move first turn (12” + 3” TE, CP run of 6” + 1” for TE) with re-rolling charge and a 2+ re-rolling 1s save on the first turn to pin the opponent’s army down (as far as I am aware the Stardrake can still shoot Lord of the Heavens in the shooting phase despite running as it’s not a shooting weapon and just an ability at the beginning of the phase?)

- Shadowblades and Outriders to capture/screen objectives and move wherever needed as the game progresses

Really interested in some feedback as I have never actually played CoS – and youtube batreps can only go so far!

I toyed with the idea of changing the Stardrake to a FG General on Griffon and use the spare points for more crossbows and maybe an Assassin or some FG guard with shields but not sure. Honestly I just like the idea of having a massive dragon (and the model is amazing) – my idea is that a spire in the mountains by the Tempest’s Eye city had a Stardrake inside it (after a star fell) and after being found/tamed by the Lord Celestant, the troops in my army now follow it into battle out of faith and loyalty

Thanks in advance 😊

Screenshot_20200219-154833_Chrome.jpg

On 2/20/2020 at 6:21 AM, umlaut31 said:

Few comments:

A stardrake is surprisingly squishy.  Yes, you can run him up the field to do some damage, but he's only 16 wounds with a 3+ save.  All the "Unkillable stardrakes" that you see are running around with a +1 to their save from an artifact/command ability (ex. staunch defender in stormcast), and are backed up by a Lord-Castellent.  This gives them a +2 to their save, and each roll of a 7+ (5 or 6 against no-rend, 6 against rend 1) heals them a wound.  Without those two pieces though, throwing your stardrake into your opponent is just asking to lose the model.  Additionally, Stardrakes are surprisingly pillow fisted, and you will often find them not doing a whole lot of damage.  They especially struggle against large models, and are only particularly talented at clearing out chaff.

Phoenix guard, as a block of 10, aren't really worth it.  You are effectively paying 160 points for 20 wounds and a 4+ save.  You know what else has 20 wounds and a 4+ save?  Freeguild guard.  And the guard count as battleline, as well as more bodies on the objectives.  If you want to see Phoenix Guard perform for their points, you need 2 things.  First, a larger block (20-30 guard in a single block).  Second, you need the Emerald Lifeswarm.  After all, for cities, the lifeswarm brings back d6 models a turn, effectively bringing back 2 wounds/turn.  But if you aren't willing to commit those two things to them, it would be better to just replace them with freeguild guard.

Outriders.  I'm guessing that you have them here because you want a faster moving unit to run out, hold an objective, and still be able to get a few potshots in.  On the other hand, a unit of handgunners that moved will do a little bit more damage, about 50% more if they just stand still, and over 2x the damage if they are buffed by the general.  Basically, I'm just saying that the outriders aren't really worth their points, unless you want them hovering around a hurricanum with Hawk Eyed and reaaaaaaly emphasizing the fast moving aspect of them (which the rest of your list isn't).

Shadow Warriors.  They are lovely models, and I like using them.  However, you already have a great deal of mobility in Tempest Eye, and I'm not sure you will be able to get their points worth in this list.  I prefer Shadow Warriors in other cities where you you are playing a more stationary game.  Not saying don't take them, but you would probably get more use by swapping them out for some more handgunners/crossbowmen.

18 minutes ago, readercolin said:

Few comments:

A stardrake is surprisingly squishy.  Yes, you can run him up the field to do some damage, but he's only 16 wounds with a 3+ save.  All the "Unkillable stardrakes" that you see are running around with a +1 to their save from an artifact/command ability (ex. staunch defender in stormcast), and are backed up by a Lord-Castellent.  This gives them a +2 to their save, and each roll of a 7+ (5 or 6 against no-rend, 6 against rend 1) heals them a wound.  Without those two pieces though, throwing your stardrake into your opponent is just asking to lose the model.  Additionally, Stardrakes are surprisingly pillow fisted, and you will often find them not doing a whole lot of damage.  They especially struggle against large models, and are only particularly talented at clearing out chaff.

Phoenix guard, as a block of 10, aren't really worth it.  You are effectively paying 160 points for 20 wounds and a 4+ save.  You know what else has 20 wounds and a 4+ save?  Freeguild guard.  And the guard count as battleline, as well as more bodies on the objectives.  If you want to see Phoenix Guard perform for their points, you need 2 things.  First, a larger block (20-30 guard in a single block).  Second, you need the Emerald Lifeswarm.  After all, for cities, the lifeswarm brings back d6 models a turn, effectively bringing back 2 wounds/turn.  But if you aren't willing to commit those two things to them, it would be better to just replace them with freeguild guard.

Outriders.  I'm guessing that you have them here because you want a faster moving unit to run out, hold an objective, and still be able to get a few potshots in.  On the other hand, a unit of handgunners that moved will do a little bit more damage, about 50% more if they just stand still, and over 2x the damage if they are buffed by the general.  Basically, I'm just saying that the outriders aren't really worth their points, unless you want them hovering around a hurricanum with Hawk Eyed and reaaaaaaly emphasizing the fast moving aspect of them (which the rest of your list isn't).

Shadow Warriors.  They are lovely models, and I like using them.  However, you already have a great deal of mobility in Tempest Eye, and I'm not sure you will be able to get their points worth in this list.  I prefer Shadow Warriors in other cities where you you are playing a more stationary game.  Not saying don't take them, but you would probably get more use by swapping them out for some more handgunners/crossbowmen.

Thanks for the feedback - all very valid points! 

Definitely understandable about the stardrake, and if I love the model I certainly don't want it being pillow-fisted and easily killable, that will make removing it after doing very little even worse haha! Maybe I will revert back to a FG General on Griffon, perhaps with some demigryph knights to help pack a punch at a key target?

Also that's a great shout on phoenix guard Vs freeguild guard, I'd never really thought about comparing them points wise but I suppose they could perform fairly similar rolls, I think I just assumed the 4+ after save would help a little with the phoenix guard, and 2 units of 10 could be used to block and screen where needed being immune to battleshock from.tje anointed. But 40 models as battleline for the points (+100 spare) is tempting!

I saw most of my army as pretty stationary to be honest (apart from the Drake and outriders) so the Shadowblades were there for last minute caps etc but agreed straight up shooting may be more effective!

Lots to think about for sure! Thanks for the reply!

So I made a post the other day about mixed order duradin, but also figured I'd throw together a cities list with the models I have and see how it plays out looking for any suggestions. Again not looking to be hyper-competitive just looking for a semi-optimized yet fluffy list for casual tournaments. Thanks in advance.

Leaders

Warden King- General (Hawk-eyed/ Seerstone Amulet) 110

Runelord- General's Adjutant 90

Bjorgen Thundrik 140 

Gotrik Gurnisson- Ally 520

Units

3 10xLongbeards- Ancestral Weapons/Shields 330

2 10xIrondrakes 300

10xHammerers- Honored Retinue 140

Thundrik's Profiteers 0

Hellblaster Volley Gun 120

Behemoth

Arkanaut Frigate 250

On 2/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, umlaut31 said:

Hi all,

I’m new to Cities of Sigmar and have read through this discussion which has been super helpful, thank you!

Up until now I have played a snake filled Temple Nest army in DoK and before that Khorne and really like the idea behind Cities of Sigmar, specifically Tempest’s Eye to try something a bit different with movement and shooting. I’m much more into casual gaming but also recently attended my first tournament and had a blast (finished with 2 wins out of 5 - which doubled my original target of winning at least 1 game!), so I’m looking for something that is a bit unusual, can hold its own in most games and also something that can be open to conversion/theming.

I’ve put together a quick 2k list (see attached warscroll builder screenshot) based on a few ideas:

- Castling up the FG general, crossbowmen, Hurricanum and Battlemage (on a Balewind with 36” strike of Eagles and 24” Aqshy fireball), screened by the handgunners – ranged output and MW on an objective (40 shots from the crossbows at 2+, 2+ with buffs is not to be laughed at by any unit, even without rend)

- Running first turn with the Phoenix guard and Anointed (good range with Tempest’s Eye extra movement) – either grabbing an objective or generally being a hard to shift nuisance

- Aggressive first turn movement with the Stardrake – 22” fly move first turn (12” + 3” TE, CP run of 6” + 1” for TE) with re-rolling charge and a 2+ re-rolling 1s save on the first turn to pin the opponent’s army down (as far as I am aware the Stardrake can still shoot Lord of the Heavens in the shooting phase despite running as it’s not a shooting weapon and just an ability at the beginning of the phase?)

- Shadowblades and Outriders to capture/screen objectives and move wherever needed as the game progresses

Really interested in some feedback as I have never actually played CoS – and youtube batreps can only go so far!

I toyed with the idea of changing the Stardrake to a FG General on Griffon and use the spare points for more crossbows and maybe an Assassin or some FG guard with shields but not sure. Honestly I just like the idea of having a massive dragon (and the model is amazing) – my idea is that a spire in the mountains by the Tempest’s Eye city had a Stardrake inside it (after a star fell) and after being found/tamed by the Lord Celestant, the troops in my army now follow it into battle out of faith and loyalty

Thanks in advance 😊

I agree with all of @readercolin’s feedback. Except for the point about shadow warriors. 
even if they wouldn’t be able to hit a tied up grot from 3 feet away, their ambush ability makes them worth it. No matter the speed of your army. In so many battle plans the threat of you setting up a unit behind his lines will force him to keep models back to protect his objectives. 
even if you end up ambushing them in your own deployment zone. That threat is so worth it. 
Imo from a competitive standpoint all armies that have an unit with that threat should take it. 

• Like 2

I've been preparing for Adepticon for a couple months now. My list int he local area is by far the best most OP ****** there is and will be nerf for 100% sure. Another person version just won a major GT in Poland.

Mine is with 4x10 Shadow Warriors, 15 Chariots, 1 unit of Freeguild (body guard) 2 Fleetmasters, and 2 Hurricanum's. I had a list progression on another topic i did a couple months back asking if it was OP and it for sure is.

I'll most a picture later today of my list fully out, as i'm still WiP painting it, but its finished enough for a quick pic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maddpainting said:

That was day 1, he was in the lead then with perfect score. I'm guessing day 2 he didn't do so well lol, and i didn't see they only posted day 1 at the time. sorry.

Looks like he went 1-1 final day. He missed out on 4 hobby points, if he had 15 like the rest of them instead of 11, he would have been 2nd.

1 hour ago, Realmhead said:

Hey all,

I am planning in starting a Tempest's Eye army, and I was wondering, how many CoS units do I need to have one Kharadron, and one Stormcast unit?

You could do:

1 Cities

1 Ally

1 SC

1 Kharadron

Or 

2 Cities

1 SC

1 Kharadron

Or (and this is my preference)

3 Cities

0 Stormcast

1 Kharadron

• Thanks 1

VERY excited about this list and would love and welcome to get some feedback from all of you on your thoughts of this list.  Haven't played it yet - feel free to do so yourselves and provide feedback on how it works.  I'm still getting these guys assembled/painted and am about 50% there...

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
 - City: Tempest's Eye

LEADERS
Warden King (110) 4" 3+ 5 8

Cogsmith (60) 4" 5+ 5

Aether-Khemist (90) 4" 4+ 5 7
- General
- Command Trait : Hawk-eyed

Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (220) 12" 3+ 7 9
- Artefact : Zephyrite Banner 
- Lore of Eagles : Aura of Glory

Lord-Relictor (100) 4" 3+ 5 9

Auric Runesmiter (120) 4" 4+ 5 7
- Forge Key
- Allies

UNITS
10 x Ironbreakers (130) 4" 3+ 1 7

10 x Irondrakes (150) 4" 4+ 1 7

2 x Gyrobombers (160) 12" 4+ 5 6

20 x Arkanaut Company (180) 4" 5+ 1 6
- 2 x Skypikes
- 2 x Light Skyhooks
- 2 x Aethermatic Volley Guns
- City Role : Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

9 x Endrinriggers (300) 12" 4+ 2 7
- 1 x Skyhooks
- 1 x Drill Launcher
- 1 x Grapnel Launchers

5 x Evocators (220) 5" 4+ 3 8

10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (140) 4" 5+ 2 7
- War-Picks & Slingshields
- Allies

TOTAL: 1980/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 135
LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 260/400

This list features alot of synergy and really benefits from the COS/TE allegence abilities to overcome the disadvantages of the units outside of the allegence.  Here's a rundown of what the list features....

1) TONS of wounds - 135 total!!  Strong saves across the list as well that only gets better in TE on turn one!  Tough to get these guys off the board and there is a lot of threats to take out.  Add in the movement bonuses of TE and this duardin heavy list can actually get places.

2) Although it's a high drop list that concedes first turn to the opponent the movement and +1 save greatly mitigates/overcomes this.  In fact this list demands that the opponent carefully reconsider actually taking first turn when they realize that nearly every unit outside of the Fyerslayer allies and the Cogsmith have either a 2up or 3up save.  This becomes even more negative when the opponent hits this list when deployed in a fortress type deployment (assuming they take first turn) - hard to damage units with tons of couterattack firepower.

3) This list turns the Arkanaut Company from a ho hum unit into an excellent value (only 180pts) and powerful unit when paired with the Aether Khemist general using both the Aetheric Augmentation buff and Hawk Eyed bubble while sitting on an objective.  In such a case the pistols turn from a 4up/4up missile attack to a 3up/3up rerolling 1s for wounds which more than doubles their attack power (even against units with a 2up save).  Similar results are found with the Skyhooks and Volleyguns.  Read - SICK, POWERFUL, and CHEAP objective holders. Did I mention CHEAP?!?!

4) The Lord Arcanum on the Gryph becomes an especially useful unit in this list.  The Aura of Glory spell is especially useful when paired with the Endrinriggers Saws - giving them essentially the old Khemist's Augmentation ability buff (double saw attacks) in a resilient unit that can keep up with the Riggers and buff them from a reasonably safe distance.  The banner artefact to reroll charges is additional outstanding icing on the cake for the Riggers - not to mention the rest of the army as well.  The Arcanum's ability to resurrect dead Evocators and Relictor models is especially useful as well.  He can jump around the board with Ride the Winds the bring these abilities where they are need quite quickly also.  He's tough to take down turn one especially with the +1 save from TE allowing him to be pretty agro himself as well if needed.  Yep he's quite STRONG in this list!!

5) Pairing the Evos with the Relictor is a no brainier.  He can heal the Evos and is tough with his base 3up save (2up turn one).  This pairing can be nice when teamed up with the Arkanaut/Khemist group holding a key objective - providing a powerful melee support hammer.  The Arcanum can help the Relictor keep these guys going as well with his own healing spell/resurrection ability (see point #4 again).  Great synergy going on here!

6) Similar to point 5 - the trio of the Warden King/Ironbreakers/Irondrakes is quite solid.  Both as an agro and support group with the Ironbreakers screening the Irondrakes shooting and the King passing out his buffs to melee attacks while hitting hard himself and carting a solid 3up base save.  Don't forget that turn one the King and Ironbreakers carry a 2up save (while the Irondrakes improve to 3up). A great trio to independently hold an objective or tarpit the opponent while actually taking out models themselves.

7) Cogsmith as adjutant with the 2 Gyrobombers are quite useful.  Keeping him with the Khemist and Arkanauts gives him some solid protection to actually repair the bombers if needed.  The Cogsmith will benefit from the Khemist's Hawk Eye trait as well making him a decent sniper (mine has just the gun giving him +1 to hit).  The bombers guns have great range/number of shots making them a great addition to this list as well.  Everyone knows about the mortals the bombs give also... they aren't one shot like the copers either.  Bomb, repair, repeat!!!  

😎 Lastly is the Fyerslayer allies.  A good "ace in the hole" to keep off the board and tunnel in where needed.  Could pair nicely with an alpha strike from the Endrinriggers/Arcanum (and possibly with Gyrobombers as well) - or to drop in as needed elsewhere.  I really like the shields with pickaxes on these guys  for the mortal wounds and -1 rend.  Nice tarpit that brings 25 wounds where needed that can get agro as well.

See this being a solid flexible list for holding/taking objectives with alot of threats for the the opponent to worry about and manage.

Looking forward to reading the comments on this list...

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Behold, my KO-less, practically ranged-less Tempest eye Dwarfs. 

Warden King (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Aetherguard Captain
- Artefact: Seerstone Amulet
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)
Luminark of Hysh With White Battlemage (270)
Runelord (90)
- City Role: General's Adjutant
Runelord (90)
30 x Ironbreakers (330)
30 x Hammerers (360)
30 x Hammerers (360)
10 x Longbeards (110)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137

I swing my hammahs and i block with muh shields. 

23 minutes ago, Ser_namron said:

Warden King (110)
- General
Runelord (90)
Runelord (90)
30 x Ironbreakers (330)
30 x Hammerers (360)
30 x Hammerers (360)
10 x Longbeards (110)

Have you tried 30 hammerer units yet? Based on my games with 20 hammerers I eel 30 might be overkill. Although the discount is massive 🧐

26 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Have you tried 30 hammerer units yet? Based on my games with 20 hammerers I eel 30 might be overkill. Although the discount is massive 🧐

ooooh ya, 30 is not necessary for the full pain to be brought, but that discount is what makes them worth it imo. 20 blocks are still pretty killable too, and my entire list kinda revolves around them doing work with the aura of glory and the wardenking command trait. Its kind of backup reassurance. I could drop some hammerers and take some ranged liked irondrakes/ freeguild gunners, i dont think that'd be a bad choice. But i love hammerers with 4Atk - 2(rr1)/3(rr1)/-2/1 with 6s to hit proccing MW in ADDITION to normal damage. Its soooo killy lol.

I kinda gave up on my dispossesed when CoS came out and they gutted warriors/thunderers/cannons/ organ guns  which was the bulk of my army. But now i just proxy the warriors for ironbreakers, and i use the 2h variant as hammerers. I definitely glossed over how solid the duardin still are though, and CoS in general ( i bought the tome, said meh, and let my friends use it for the non duardin bits) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ser_namron said:

Warden King (110)
- General
Runelord (90)
Runelord (90)
30 x Ironbreakers (330)
30 x Hammerers (360)
30 x Hammerers (360)
10 x Longbeards (110)

If I can make a recommendation - Drop some points somewhere to get a soulscream bridge.  Even with tempest eye +3" movement, your dudes may have trouble getting on target.  However, the soulscream bridge will allow you to dump 2/3 of your army 9" away from your opponent (remember, cities empowers this so the two sides of the bridge only have to be wholly within 24" of each other, not 12" - additionally you can put the bridge in front of your army, and can move any unit wholly within 6", effectively allowing you to move a maximum of 36" with it).  Swap your artefact to the Zephyrite Banner, and between the musician's and the Aetherguard Captain command trait you will have a 7" re-rollable charge coming off of the bridge. 

Want to make things even funnier?  Grab 1 more mage (or swap one of yours out) for a battlemage from Ghur and you get access to Wildform, which gives you +2" to your run and charge rolls, bringing one unit down to a 5" re-rollable charge.  Alternatively (or in addition), Chronomatic Cogs can give you another 2" to run and charge rolls (cogs is better if you are looking at getting multiple groups into combat at once, but be aware it will affect your opponents as well).

Not saying that you have to do these things.  However, please consider them for delivering your hammers to your target.

15 hours ago, readercolin said:

If I can make a recommendation - Drop some points somewhere to get a soulscream bridge.  Even with tempest eye +3" movement, your dudes may have trouble getting on target.  However, the soulscream bridge will allow you to dump 2/3 of your army 9" away from your opponent (remember, cities empowers this so the two sides of the bridge only have to be wholly within 24" of each other, not 12" - additionally you can put the bridge in front of your army, and can move any unit wholly within 6", effectively allowing you to move a maximum of 36" with it).  Swap your artefact to the Zephyrite Banner, and between the musician's and the Aetherguard Captain command trait you will have a 7" re-rollable charge coming off of the bridge. 

Want to make things even funnier?  Grab 1 more mage (or swap one of yours out) for a battlemage from Ghur and you get access to Wildform, which gives you +2" to your run and charge rolls, bringing one unit down to a 5" re-rollable charge.  Alternatively (or in addition), Chronomatic Cogs can give you another 2" to run and charge rolls (cogs is better if you are looking at getting multiple groups into combat at once, but be aware it will affect your opponents as well).

Not saying that you have to do these things.  However, please consider them for delivering your hammers to your target.

Not saying your advice isn't bad. It is good!

Any army that can screen you won't be benefiting from the bridge much though.