The Painting Contract - October 2019

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for October 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, Gorechosen, or Stormvault.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe & @TheOtherJosh

Hi, I'm still new to this, with only 1070 points in AoS Death painted, but I find this thread funny and interesting. Apart from those 1070 points, I'm now almost halfway of a box of Dire Wolves, wich I plan to finish across october. I've got 6 and a half wolves to go. Pretty ambitious for a 42 yo noob dad with almost no time :)

• Like 3

Well, september was not the month for me, but october looks better from a distance. Building will be the name of the game this month

Build/finish 15 pistoleers

Build/finish 15 outriders

Build/finish 10 dark riders

Build another three demis

Build rider for big griffin

Build Amber mage on griffin

That's one army.

If I have time:

Build rocket battery on mortar base and give it crew

Change old dwarf warrior to cogsmith

Build another rocket/volley combo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Well, september was not the month for me, but october looks better from a distance. Building will be the name of the game this month

That's one army.

If I have time:

That ... is a whole table-worth of work.

40 horse or smaller sized models and 5 bigger units.

We’re rooting for you!

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone!

This is my first time participating in this iniciative and honestly Im really excited, Im gonna try post pics about my progress to get motivation to continue my work, even though my painting lvl is pretty noob as I just started into this part of the hobby.

In anticipation of Ossiarch Bonesplitters release, where Im gonna be heavy invested, I figured Im not gonna have time to anything else in the next couple of months other than building, priming and painting this army. So im gonna challenge myself to finish my 1.5k list of Gloomspite Gitz, and finish my models for my Ossiarch army to a more advanced lvl than tabletop.

Im gonna do my contract for:

1 arkhan and mount. They are tabletop lvl now, im gonna do layers and give my first try at highlights. It would be one of the centerpieces of my army, and I want him to be the best I can do.

2 morghast. Same, layers and highlights. They are now tabletop lvl.

3 Rockgut trogoths. Going for tabletop lvl, they are right now only primed.

6 rockgut trogoths. Going for tabletop lvl, but they are pretty much finished now, only missing a couple of details (they have tons xD)

2 Dankhold trogoths (one regular and one trogboss). Tabletop lvl, now only primed.

2 wizards from goobalpalooza to use as fungoid chamans, tabletop lvl, now only primed.

10 boingrot bounderz, tabletop lvl, now I have 5 missing only a couple of details, the other 5 only primed.

The bad moon scenery, tabletop lvl, now only primed.

I think is a good list for my first month with a painting contract and I will for sure need motivation as I dont have really much time to paint with my current job. Lets see how it ends.

Im rooting for all of you, keep the good work!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:14 AM, zilberfrid said:

That's one army.

If I have time:

Well, I was a bit unclear, I was planning to build the mounts of those troops, not yet the troops themselves.

Finished:

• 20 empire knights horses (2 were done)
  • 9 Pistoleers/Outrider horses (2 were done)
  • 9 Wood elf horses (2 were done)
  • 8 Bretonnian Knight horses (2 were done)
  • 2 Luminarch horses
  • 2 General horses (1 was done)
  • 2 failed conversion experiments
  • 4 Demigryphs (3 were done)

At the moment, it's looking like

• 20 Dark Riders (from Empire knights, painted like Knights of Morr)
  • 15 Pistoleers (unbarded horses, wood elf +6 Pistoleer horses)
  • 13 Outriders (Bretonnian knights, Luminarch horses, remaining Pistoleer horses to which I would greenstuff some fabric barding).
  • 2 General horses converted to Demigryph Knights

I am tempted to buy another box of Pistoleers, not only to just get more horses, but it will also give a lot of extra material to work with (I now have two boxes, which just about fills the bodies).

My Luminach will have Gryph hounds pulling it, because, well, why not?

I did not finish the remaining demis, because I don't have the energy. Still, I have finished 50 mounts, which isn't the least productive of nights.

I ordered warscroll cards, and will clip a picture of the units to it, so I can give those to opponents and there'll be no miscommunication.

Todo:

• Change Generals into Demigryphs
  • Finish remaining two Demigryphs
  • Find Lord Arcanum's Gryph charger to finish third unit of Demis
  • Make riders for them all
  • Build Gotrek

I think I'll do the riders in bursts of about 5, because there's a lot of conversion neccessary. I think I have about 10 done by now

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2

Well last month was partially successful, got 10 Bloodletters done and made a start on 5 Bloodreavers but was very distracted by my Splintered Fang warband turning up and Gotrek being released!

So this month:

Finish my Splintered Fang warband

Finish Gotrek

5x Hallowed Knights Sequitors

I would also like to paint something for Cities of Sigmar but am waiting for the book to decide on colour schemes.

• Like 2

I’m still stuck in a hobby rut with little time and no motivation; I will keep the goals I couldn’t achieve from last month and hopefully my motivation come back. 

Paint Untamed Beasts; been around 95% done for three weeks. 

Build and Paint Corvus Cabal; untouched.

Build and Paint a Ravaged Lands set; Mausoleum set is built, basic stone colors are done but nothing for details yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

I’m still stuck in a hobby rut with little time and no motivation; I will keep the goals I couldn’t achieve from last month and hopefully my motivation come back. 

Paint Untamed Beasts; been around 95% done for three weeks. 

Build and Paint Corvus Cabal; untouched.

Build and Paint a Ravaged Lands set; Mausoleum set is built, basic stone colors are done but nothing for details yet. 

Completely with you on the motivation issue.

It’s definitely a thing.

Take a breather, roll it back to just the building side ... get some games in... See how stuff rolls.

We’ll save ya a space here at the table.

The members were awesome and saved me a spot.

Guess I'm gonna jump in for the first time also!

I'm shooting for 3 more Ironjawz Brutes, to be built, converted to not wearing armor and rigging some new weapon on them. I'm using oils for the pale lilac skin so it's gonna take some time to round out my warband. The good (?) thing is I need them for a tournament on the 27th, so that's some added motivation also.

I'm also working on Gotrek, just for fun. That might be included as well.

Not as ambitious a goal as some of you guys 'n gals here, but I'm gonna go for it at a comfortable pace.

• Like 1