- 2x Dread Falchions
4 x Morghast Harbingers (380)
- Spirit Halberds
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (180)
- 1x Dread Falchions

Battalions
Katakrosian Deathglaive (80)

snip

I hope to go first against shooting or move things in cover/ out of sight if i dont get first turn. If i do, the idea is to rush the harbingers towards their main shooters and tie em down with the fly and 3d6 charge. As for magic heavy, not much you can do but try and alpha strike their magic pieces and/or objective takers. Soul Reservoir helps get soul guide off against those armies. 

If they have screens, harbingers usually jump over em and cheap stalkers engage in front. If i know i can survive a hit back, then all 3 units go alpha strike, while mortek guard run onto objectives with the 10 man unit for a backfield objective.

snip

How well does this Warscroll Battalion fare in your local meta?

To be honest my motivation for OBR was to try out Arkham a few times then changed back to traditional LoN, FEC, Nighthaunt/LoG.  If OBR is supposed to be an elite army then why should I be forced into packing it with Mortek Guard and catapults?

Seeing a possible maneuverable army has my interest.  Especially if I might be able to mix in some Deathriders.  If by some miracle that battalion could work with the Kavalos Lance then my desire to run OBR would certainly be resurrected.

8 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

To be honest my motivation for OBR was to try out Arkham a few times then changed back to traditional LoN, FEC, Nighthaunt/LoG.  If OBR is supposed to be an elite army then why should I be forced into packing it with Mortek Guard and catapults?

Seeing a possible maneuverable army has my interest.  Especially if I might be able to mix in some Deathriders.  If by some miracle that battalion could work with the Kavalos Lance then my desire to run OBR would certainly be resurrected.

What about this?  (I play Null Myriad btw, but you can change the legion to suit your choice like Stalliarch Lords)

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Null Myriad

LEADERS
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General - Command Trait: Unsettling and Sinister
- Artefact: Helm of the Ordained

Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact: Lode of Saturation
- Lore of Mortisans: Drain Vitality

Mortisan Soulreaper (120)
- Artefact: Baleful Blade
- Lore of Mortisans: Protection of Nagash

UNITS
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield

5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

2 x Morghast Harbingers (190)
- Spirit Halberds

6 x Necropolis Stalkers (360)
- 2 x Dread Falchions

3 x Necropolis Stalkers (180)
- 1 x Dread Falchions

20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- 2 x Soulcleaver Greatblades

BATTALIONS
Kavalos Lance (120)
Katakrosian Deathglaive (80)

14 hours ago, Emissary said:

What about this?  (I play Null Myriad btw, but you can change the legion to suit your choice like Stalliarch Lords)

Snip

Null Myrad for the fun-win.  Arkhan’s personal Legion in any book always holds a place dear to my cold unbeating heart.

I’m short on Stalkers for a unit of six.  Guessing they hit pretty well with your reliance on them.  Four Harbingers is possible on my end.  Having used them in The Grand Host of Nagash they are a familiar option.  Although even with the extra die each they can still be swingy so that leaves me a bit concerned.

Theory-Hammering it up there is a lot of movement shenanigans Stalliarch Lords with a Kavalos Lance can pull.  The Stalliarch Lords Command Ability when used is very careful to state a retreating unit that runs cannot then charge.  The Kavalos Lance retreat ability doesn’t have the same restriction under that Allegiance.   It’s some kind of unholy PB&J combo.  There’s something appealing about tagging a unit that is off position then next turn running away to a priority fight without having to add an extra turn.

Here’s a few options that were thrown together yesterday if you have any insights Emissary.

2000 Generic OBR 3-Drop

Spoiler

Kavalos Lance

• Leige-Kavalos (General) with Helm of the Ordained & Dark Acolyte
  • 10x Deathriders
  • 10x Deathriders

Katakrosian Deathglaive

• 4x Harbingers
  • 3x Necropolis Stalkers
  • 3x Necropolis Stalkers

Loose Stuff

• 10x Mortek Guard

Endless Spells

• Soulstealer Carrion
  • Bone-Tithe Shrieker

Notes:

1. Near maximum army strength for potential Alpha-Strike.
  2. Mortek Guard do funny unit stretches if need to over two back objectives.
  3. Soulstealer Carrion to try and keep the suicidal charging Leige and add extra mortal wound damage.

2000 Stalliarch Lords 4-Drop

Spoiler

Kalavos Lance

• Leige-Kavalos (General) with Twisted Challenge & Nadir-bound Mount 200
  • 5x Deathriders 180
  • 5x Deathriders 180

Katakrosian Deathglaive

• 4x Harbingers
  • 3x Necropolis Stalkers
  • 3x Necropolis Stalkers

Loose Stuff

• Arkhan
  • 10x Mortek Guard

Endless Spells

• Soulstealer Carrion
  • Bone-Tithe Shrieker

Notes:

1. Arkhan can support through magic or speed any group.  Having him being able to leapfrog disengage and then attack a rear support hero or shooting unit is appealing.
  2. Nightmare Predator can be traded in if more mortal wounds if desired.
  3. Lion’s share of the healing/summoning will probably be the Kavalos Lance and self heals.

1970 Stalliarch Lords 4-Drop

Spoiler

Kalavos Lance

• Leige-Kavalos (General) with Twisted Challenge & Nadir-bound Mount
  • 5x Deathriders
  • 5x Deathriders

Katakrosian Deathglaive

• 4x Harbingers
  • 3x Necropolis Stalkers
  • 3x Necropolis Stalkers

Loose Stuff

• Mortisan Boneshaper with Artisan’s Key
  • 20x Mortek Guard

Endless Spells

• Balewind Vortex
  • Soulstealer Carrion
  • Nightmare Predator

Notes:

1. Foot units can more actively participate.  Possibly work as an anvil.
  2. Boneshaper and Balewind Vortex are a great combo

Overall having a bit of a love/hate relationship with Deathriders.  Smaller units are a concern about not sticking around long enough.  Larger units eat up valuable points with marginal gains compared to having Arkhan or a Mortek Guard unit with more meat on the bone.

Edited by Evil Bob
Had a dozen plus empty lines

On 1/15/2021 at 12:05 AM, Evil Bob said:

Its normally a 3-2 list. 4-1 with a bit of luck. Slaanesh and Hearthguard being the main worries because of the fight first. Longer game boards are also a problem, where you play length wise, since this list lacks the movement to cover that turn 1.

OBR are in an awkward place with points, theres a lot of potential lists that are 1910 or 1890 where you cant fit anything else. A moderate 10 pts drop across most things would greatly help

Lads. About to enter into a league that goes for 3 month (ish).

Tossing up between 3 Similar lists.

- Legion: Mortis Praetorians

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
- General
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Nightmare Predator (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

List 2 is the same, except swap out a unit of deathriders for Necropolis Stalkers.

List 3 Swaps out a unit of death riders for Arch Kavalos Zandtos, and the nightmare predator for a soulstealer Carrion

On 1/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, Sharklone said:

Lads. About to enter into a league that goes for 3 month (ish).

Tossing up between 3 Similar lists.

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
- General
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)

Nightmare Predator (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 113

List 2 is the same, except swap out a unit of deathriders for Necropolis Stalkers.

List 3 Swaps out a unit of death riders for Arch Kavalos Zandtos, and the nightmare predator for a soulstealer Carrion

Admittedly I’m new to OBR and haven’t had much chance to play with the pandemic and all, but it seems pretty light on units for 2000 points. Are you dead set on having both Arkhan and Katakros in there? Seems like a whole mess of points in two models -one barely mobile and the other very fragile. If somebody steals a March on you and charges arkhan with his defenses down, or If you face a shooting army, you might lose him quick. Then again, I suppose Arkhan and Katakros can heal each other, so that’s a cool feature.

2 hours ago, Inferno said:

They are:
image.png.8a928c36497410869fadac5c92273e07.png

Im hoping that we get a little more than just a / some battallion, seeing as the last book the factions got new sub-factions and / or reworks for some of their units. I would at least expect the same here too. Does anyone know if in the book one teaser, they said something similar? 

Lets hope our warscroll battallions are SCE level from the Morathi book, and not StD level....

• Thanks 1

That list is the only Ossiarch teaser so far. It might just be formal AoS rules for the Warband coming up from Underworlds along with a few adjustments here and there. Perhaps making stalkers a little cheaper in points etc... I wouldn't expect anything more at this stage as Lumineth are clearly stealing the show with a glut of model releases. 

hey all, might restart my bonereapers while I wait for more vampire news, and the release of warhammer quest and the, all too awesome, underworlds warband.

Thinking of starting with a 1000 point list, so wanna hear what units are good to run, and how the different units perform.
might go for a mounted army, if viable, else one focused on mortek and harvesters.

thanks in advance for the help :)

4 hours ago, Sception said:

And for FEC, too.  But no nighthaunt?  Boo.

Maybe the Devs are paralyzed in fear with upping them?

But serious, isn’t the tournament scene enough of an indicator something needs to be done?  Or maybe Nighthaunt are going to have to undergo a five year journey like the SCE before getting a decent publication.

Hello dear undead fellows! Recently finished my unpainted OBR minis, tooked me a year to take them out of a box and 2 months to paint. Had only a couple of games, but looking for more! Liked the army, though as for an old legions of nagash player they didnt bring something new, had a very very strong feeling that was playing a full grave guard list)
Does anybody have ideas what to add after 20 morteks and harvester? Ressuraction guys look a bit overpiced to me

lUk0lh0nqzA.jpg

dMd3zMKpWXI.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Does it really worth it? I barrowed one to test and it kinda meh? Maybe because i failed every single 4+ roll to debaff but i dont know... it has some nice sweet stuff for free but not desperatly needed as loonshrine gives to goblins ...and dont like the model unfortunatly(

I'm looking for advice on this list. I think it has everything to be competitive around 4-1 in tournaments barring match ups. What do you guys think?

Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
15 x Kavalos Deathriders (480)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
6 x Necropolis Stalkers (360)
Mortek Crawler (200)

Mortek Crawler (200)

I worry that you'll have trouble taking and holding objectives.  That's just not a lot of bodies.  Even if the opponent has a hard time fully removing your deathriders and stalkers, they're still only 15 and 6 models respectively for claiming objectives.  In short, I think you need more morteks.

Do keep in mind, though, that I'm not speaking from a place of any real authority.  I got like half a dozen games in with ossiarchs before going into quarantine, and haven't played a single game of age of sigmar in almost a year now.  I have exactly zero experience against lumineth, or the current tzeentch list, or literally anything with current points costs, and while I'm sure most folks in the forum are at least a bit better off than I am in that department, I'm not sure by how much.  covid really knackered the competitive scene, particularly in the US and UK regions - which are otherwise the largest and most active scenes for english speaking warhammer competition - and, at the risk of getting a bit political, both countries' have had some of the worst covid response in 2020 due to wilfully incompetent administrations, leaving them worse off going into 2021 than they were even at they epidemic's early peak back in April & May, so things aren't likely to get back to usual any time soon.

As such, the typical sort of "is my army  good / what can I change to improve it" type posts just aren't going to get as useful feedback as it would in more typical times.  You'll get some feedback, sure, but it won't be coming form as informed a place.  I might look at your list and kick out the same reflexive "needs more morteks" that I comment on every OBR list I see, but honestly, what do I know?  Nothing, that's what.  I know nothing about how this game works on a competitive level anymore.

At this point, I'd say you'd be better off throwing together whatever sounds cool to you, and if you are fortunate enough to get some games in then please post write ups about them so that you can let us know whether or not your army's any good.  😛

Edited by Sception

Trying to get a very balanced OBR list that feels like what I imagine the composition of the legions is, built around the shield corps and the death lance. It’s a four drop list and I intend for it to be semi competitive:

- Legion: Petrifex Elite
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Mighty Archaeossian  
- Artefact: Godbone Armour  
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact:  Artisan’s Key 
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Gothizzar Cartouche  
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons

Battleline
40 x Mortek Guard (440)
- Nadirite Spear and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)

Artillery
Mortek Crawler (200)

Battalions
Mortek Shield-corps (120)
Kavalos Lance (120)

Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 120

what do you guys think? Is two expensive battalions a waste of points that would be better spent on more BoneReapers? Or is it worth it for the powerful artifacts, low drops, and copious rdp?