Squatting Watch: Alerts for Discontinued Models

28 minutes ago, strugglewithin1 said:

Firestorm games seem to be taking orders for them. They were listed as preorder until 29th July and now available to order. I think Overread listed the old Empire stuff in another thread?

Not sure it makes it any easier to understand what is going on but there you go

Well, I've found an ebay seller that wasn't that much more expensive than the regular set, and ordered it there. I really want that small griffin, and don't want to run the risk that I can't get it because the set has been given new plastic and ebay prices soar.

EDIT: The firestorm description of the archers on Firestorm is the same as the current, down to the amount of parts and the dead orc. That does indicate the set is the same (or the description is copied from the current set).

Edited by zilberfrid

This is a good thread for me as a manager of the Lexicanum, since I'm trying to make no description or miniature image gets discontinued before I upload it in some way. Like this one. It will also help me when I start remaking the discontinued miniatures lists.

Shame the Gitmob Grots were such a surprise otherwise I could have saved them for later working.

Shouldn't this have a list of model that were also discontinued? Chaos lord of Slaanesh on foot and mount, Gitmob Grots range, and the Poisoned wind mortar?

Edited by Ashendant
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Here’s a list for you. All of these Order models are metal or resin:

Spellweaver

Swordmasters

Waystrider

Waywatcher

Warrior Priest

Witch Hunter

These kits only build 1 thing:

Black Ark Corsairs

Demigryph Knights

Dragon Blades

Drakespawn Knights

Dwarf Warriors

Flagellants

Freeguild Archers

Freeguild Greatswords

Phoenix Guard

White Lions

Corsairs and P Guard fit into two of the Free Cities (Anvilgard and Phoenicium) without issue, so I don’t think that’s an indication of getting cut.

1 hour ago, Fairbanks said:

Here’s a list for you. All of these Order models are metal or resin:

Spellweaver

Swordmasters

Waystrider

Waywatcher

Warrior Priest

Witch Hunter

These kits only build 1 thing:

Black Ark Corsairs

Demigryph Knights

Dragon Blades

Drakespawn Knights

Dwarf Warriors

Flagellants

Freeguild Archers

Freeguild Greatswords

Phoenix Guard

White Lions

Corsairs and P Guard fit into two of the Free Cities (Anvilgard and Phoenicium) without issue, so I don’t think that’s an indication of getting cut.

Phoenix Guard and Greatswords both had models displayed alongside the book at the open day (plus there’s a greatsword on the cover) so they seem pretty safe. 

And Scourge Privateers were mentioned in the announcement article I think, which would suggest corsairs are in. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I dont really think plastics will be in danger.

I think some of them could be, not because of the material, but just because the combined book is a golden opportunity for GW to get rid of models they are already planning to remove/replace down the road.

I think most of the Free People stuff is relatively safe though, the mish-mash of Aelven units less so.

• Thanks 1

From the elven plastics i think very few models are outdated, other than the Spire of Dawn models, that should go away.

Order Draconis, Eldritch Council, (minus Swordmasters), Phoenix Temple (except Anointed on foot finecast version), Swifthawks have few models outside of Spire of Dawn , and Shadow Warrior was on Display. Lion Rangers are kinda out of Scale.

Wanderers have a lot of Resin heroes, and glade guard are a bit out of scale.

From Dark Elves, i think the whole range is plastic.

Edited by Thiagoma

well i just ordered some in case they do get squatted! would be a real shame, they're the best kit for creating peasants and poor foot soldiers that gw still sells. if they ever made a re-designed militia kit with the same level of modularity as the old one, they might as well start printing money

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Boytoy said:

well i just ordered some in case they do get squatted! would be a real shame, they're the best kit for creating peasants and poor foot soldiers that gw still sells. if they ever made a re-designed militia kit with the same level of modularity as the old one, they might as well start printing money

I would like a few bucklers and one handed (longer than dagger) weapons for every archer.

With buckler and sword, they are almost exactly the i:33 plates.

That would make for quite a nice militia option.

22 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The General on Horse is no longer available online... I wanted to purchase him this morning, and he was available, but the "add to cart" button did not work on mobile, and now he's unavailable. If this guy gets phased out, I would be really disappointed, even if he just got changed, I would be really disappointed.

I wouldn't worry about the general on his steed for a couple reasons. First, he's a requirement for one of the new mercenary companies in the GHB 2019.  Secondly, he's still available online here (US).

9 minutes ago, Kamose said:

I wouldn't worry about the general on his steed for a couple reasons. First, he's a requirement for one of the new mercenary companies in the GHB 2019.  Secondly, he's still available online here (US).

Regions can be tricky/ misleading. In theory the UK store is the definitive one, since it is more or less shipped straight from the factory. Being available in the US just means that the remaining stock is selling out at different rates in different regions, and so is still available in some areas. It can also be the other way around, if things sell out faster abroad than they have in the UK. Thus we can "see whats coming" a bit by looking at the other regions. It was clear that the Archers and Freeguild general were endangered a few days ahead of them selling out in the UK, since they were already listed as unavailable in a couple of regions. We can thus see what other models are at risk, even though they might still be in stock locally.

What none of this tells us is whether things are just going to be reboxed and brought back later. Thus the General likely isn't actually gone for good, since as you say he leads some mercs. However we don't know whether he's being rereleased with round bases, repackaged in a different combination, replaced with a newer model which won't have the same plethora of options as the current one, or just phased out for good. Its thus quite alarming that this all happens with no actual communication. I get that they don't want to tell us that for example archers are no longer going to be supported, as then they would be less likely to sell their remaining stock, but it does come across as a bit disingenuous.

• Like 1

Bleakswords/dreadspears/darkshards/drakespawn knights and witch hunter/flagellants are out of stock, but temporarily, so those would not worry me.

That actually is a better sign than available. If they are available, you never know whether they get "no longer available" as their next status, while temporarily out of stoch states you can expect to see them return.

• Like 1

Full List:

USA - Out of Stock

- Wildwood Rangers/Eternal Guard

- Executioners/ Black Guard

- Free Guild General

- Unforged

- Flagelants

USA - No Longer Avaiable

- White Lions

- Dragon Noble

- Glade Guard

- Canon/Organ Gun

- Volkmar the Grim on War Altar of Sigmar

UK - Out of Stock

- Witch Hunter

- Flagelants

- Drakespawn Knights

- Bleakswords/Drakspears/Darkshards

UK - No longer avaiable

- White Lions

- Free Guild General

- Free Guild Archers

Worldwide - Out of Stock

- Witch Hunter

- Flagelants

- Drakespawn Knights

Worldwide - No longer avaiable

- White Lions

- Free Guild General

- Free Guild Archers

Edited by Thiagoma

11 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Full List:

USA - Out of Stock

- Wildwood Rangers/Eternal Guard

- Executioners/ Black Guard

- Free Guild General

- Unforged

- Flagelants

USA - No Longer Avaiable

- White Lions

- Dragon Noble

- Glade Guard

- Canon/Organ Gun

- Volkmar the Grim on War Altar of Sigmar

UK - Out of Stock

- Witch Hunter

- Flagelants

- Drakespawn Knights

UK - No longer avaiable

- White Lions

- Free Guild General

- Free Guild Archers

Worldwide - Out of Stock

- Witch Hunter

- Flagelants

- Drakespawn Knights

Worldwide - No longer avaiable

- White Lions

- Free Guild General

- Free Guild Archers

It's odd that the general is temp out of stock in US, but no longer available worldwide and UK.

Cannon/organ gun, glade guard and war altar no longer available in US might be telling, dragon noble is odd for no longer linking to the warscroll.

17 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Cannons and organ guns are not getting discontinued. We only just got rules for mercs in GHB19 remember? GW will announce and give us time to order so I don't think we need to panic buy anything at the moment.

Weren't some of the Imperial Guard (e.g. Vostroyans) removed without warning? (i.e. no Last Chance to Buy option)

24 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It's odd that the general is temp out of stock in US, but no longer available worldwide and UK.

Cannon/organ gun, glade guard and war altar no longer available in US might be telling, dragon noble is odd for no longer linking to the warscroll.

The warscroll has been missing for a long time., but if you google it up it shows up on GW site.

32 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Weren't some of the Imperial Guard (e.g. Vostroyans) removed without warning? (i.e. no Last Chance to Buy option)

That's  separate game system with  separate team done a long long time ago. I wouldn't say its relevant now. Plus they've assured us they will us what won't make it into the book. 

Edited by Zadolix

4 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

That's  separate game system with  separate team done a long long time ago. I wouldn't say its relevant now. Plus they've assured us they will us what won't make it into the book. 

It was last June, lol. Not that long ago...

Edited by Kyriakin