The Rumour Thread

So two of the AoS boxes are of course for armies with recent battle tomes, but I wonder of the other two are any indication of coming battle tomes. Last year the only non-battletome army to get a box was Death, and that was fairly quickly followed up by the LoN release. Probably not too far out of the realm of possibility that StD could have a book in the pipeline. Now the interesting part is is if Seraphon are in the line up as an existing army with a book, or inline to get a book. From what I recall, they basically have the really old format, that really doesn't even count as a battle tome in modern AoS (i.e. no allegiance stuff). There's been a few vague rumors floating round here, and I've heard similar in other channels, that "old" battle tomes could see new editions in the next year, though they've been more tilted towards Fyreslayers and Ironjawz, but it would make sense for Seraphon to be on that list too. Probably a coincidence, but there was also a painting tutorial for Seraphon on Warhammer TV(and if you want to get really tin foil hat, it was a square base, so clearly WHFB 9th is coming soon).

9 minutes ago, Skarloc said:

"Next AoS Battletome: Moonclan Grots" .. still expected in late 2018 or rather in early 2019?

Probably early 2019 like Nurgle was. I think odds are good that we've seen everything that will be physically coming the rest of this year, but we may start seeing info for it in December.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So two of the AoS boxes are of course for armies with recent battle tomes, but I wonder of the other two are any indication of coming battle tomes. Last year the only non-battletome army to get a box was Death, and that was fairly quickly followed up by the LoN release. Probably not too far out of the realm of possibility that StD could have a book in the pipeline. Now the interesting part is is if Seraphon are in the line up as an existing army with a book, or inline to get a book. From what I recall, they basically have the really old format, that really doesn't even count as a battle tome in modern AoS (i.e. no allegiance stuff). There's been a few vague rumors floating round here, and I've heard similar in other channels, that "old" battle tomes could see new editions in the next year, though they've been more tilted towards Fyreslayers and Ironjawz, but it would make sense for Seraphon to be on that list too. Probably a coincidence, but there was also a painting tutorial for Seraphon on Warhammer TV(and if you want to get really tin foil hat, it was a square base, so clearly WHFB 9th is coming soon).

I remember a rumour saying there would be a spawning pool terrain piece coming with a battletome for Seraphon somewhere earlier in the thread as well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a new battletome coming next year since they've got one of the first though.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I remember a rumour saying there would be a spawning pool terrain piece coming with a battletome for Seraphon somewhere earlier in the thread as well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a new battletome coming next year since they've got one of the first though.

Nice, I missed that and haven't heard anything from my closer to first hand sources for Seraphon specifically.

I'd hazard a guess that the ''rumoured'' skaven battletome wouldn't be too far behind a remastered seraphon one, being that they both got very early battletomes. Also wasn't there rumours that fyreslayers were getting an updated tome, a scenery piece and some spells. It would kind of make sense that all the early stuff got reworked if they want to keep it selling. I know KO are moaned about as well, they must be due an update, even if only to give them spells and a terrain. (Oh, how cool would flying defence post be or perhaps a refuelling station!)

It seems like a step back to be redoing battletomes so soon but to be honest, I'd happily pick them all up at this point. This will probably be the last version of the game I will buy into and it would be nice to have a decent selection of battletomes to go with them.

Early Battletomes do need a reworking, but I'd agree that I'd rather see GW reinforce the lines that don't have them yet, give them a secure future and then go back and remake older battletomes. If you're already collecting those armies you know they are as safe as can be within the range. It's those without any tome that are on shaky ground as to what their future might or will be. 

• Like 2

Do people really believe GW will remake the older battletomes? I don't think so. IJ, Fyreslayers, Seraphon and more have their rules and objects in the General's Handbook every year. 

I don't believe they will remake those battletomes instead of creating news for those armies which don't have one (Slaves, Free peoples, Slaanesh...) or invent a new army.

13 minutes ago, Luzgurbel said:

Do people really believe GW will remake the older battletomes? I don't think so. IJ, Fyreslayers, Seraphon and more have their rules and objects in the General's Handbook every year. 

I don't believe they will remake those battletomes instead of creating news for those armies which don't have one (Slaves, Free peoples, Slaanesh...) or invent a new army.

It's a nice thought to have the older Kirby era tomes get updates, but that's all it is right now, a nice thought. Right now I'm leaning towards more incremental updates via the General's Handbook every year. I agree with @Overread though, they should focus more on new releases and updating factions without any tomes first before they try updating older tomes. With the General's Handbook its the best of both worlds imo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Wonder if no Marauders in the StD box means a new kit when the Battletome drops?

Chaos warriors are just a better option I think. They can't fit every battleline in the Box.  I don't think it means anything that Seraphon box doesn't include warriors or guard... 

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Spawning pool is WFB lore.  In AoS Seraphon are Celestial Daemons that are remembered into existence by the Slann.  I'm not sure how spawning pool fits without a major lore rework which I don't see happening. Seems like a bogus rumor to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Chaos warriors are just a better option I think. They can't fit every battleline in the Box.  I don't think it means anything that Seraphon box doesn't include warriors or guard... 

Spawning pool is WFB lore.  In AoS Seraphon are Celestial Daemons that are remembered into existence by the Slann.  I'm not sure how spawning pool fits without a major lore rework which I don't see happening. Seems like a bogus rumor to me. 

There's rumour flitting around and I think one short story/battletome story that states that there's at least one natural birth site now in the Realms. Ergo that we might well see the Lizardmen return as a living evolving force rather than as remembered superwarriors from the magics of the Slaan. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

Or like a story von Malign Portents:

https://malignportents.com/story/dying-star/

?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Luzgurbel said:

you best believe they will be always a remade Stormcast Eternal Battletome coming soon :) 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

You're not wrong but there's been some changes in the lore that GW's slowly been slipping in here or there. Now once they're remembered they stick around and the longer they stay in existence the more real they become so it would make sense that they need spawning pools to breed, that and the Slaan aren't always awake or can't be awoken such as in https://malignportents.com/story/dying-star/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luzgurbel said:

I'm convinced Fyreslayer will come very soon, early 2019

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think Seraphon is actually a good candidate for a new tome, as they have changed a huge amount with the release of AoS 2.0.  The warscrolls have been errata'd and the summoning system has been changed to the point that the battletome is not really functional.  Even their battalions (perhaps one of the main selling point of the battletomes) have seen errata.  

• Like 3

What about Warscroll cards?  They all got removed back in July when Souls Wars was released with cards in landscape layout format.

BoC got theirs with the new Battletome in September.

Any sign when all other factions will get their updated Warscroll cards? Thanks.

Edited by Skarloc