The Rumour Thread

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, alghero81 said:

Well don’t they have a new tree revenant with a bow? That could give a hint of new units and could come with some endless spells. I would say they have more chances than other battletomes don’t have anything at all, neither hints (like free peoples for example)

I'm even more curious about the lead character of the Sylvaneth warband in the Underworls.. especially as she's holding a large insect.. a beetle?

Just a supposition: could she be a more Aelvish form of Alarielle and we therefore could get her as a dual miniature kit like Morathi? 

468517416_WU-Sylvaneth.JPG.57b8826ee36bdabaa8caba14982ac9db.JPG

Edited by Skarloc

13 hours ago, Enoby said:

I also heard the Slaaneshi harp herald rumours. I can't give the exact source, but I was told about it by someone on a Facebook Slaanesh page who said they got it from a person who works at GW (when I asked for specifics, they said no as it would put the person's job at risk). Not the most solid rumour, but I believe that this is where it came from :P  

Well now I have to buy a sloppily bilepiper! Getting the chaos band back together (for a diorama)

edit: And something Khorne for the Brass section ?

B3EC635F-2E79-48ED-AD82-9BC395E5F3F7.gif.d853efbc9818c92960a5ed35ec535baf.gif

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Skarloc said:

I'm even more curious about the lead character of the Sylvaneth warband in the Underworls.. especially as she's holding a large insect.. a beetle?

Just a supposition: could she be a more Aelvish form of Alarielle and we therefore could get her as a dual miniature kit like Morathi? 

As cool as that would be I think having a god in a warband would be a little op. I could totally see a regular version of whatever she is possibly being a dual-kit for something else if sylvaneth get another wave of releases in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skarloc said:

You’d have to wait two turns for her transformation to “take sprout”. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope she is not Alarielle but maybe she is. The beetle on his hand is a clue and I don't think sylvaneth has other "not tree" units or heroes cause is supposed they were created by Alarielle so maybe is Alarielle on foot. The other thing I wonder is the chair on his back because she is clearly on a throne or a chair and I can't see a model sit on a chair without a mount or something that gives mobility... maybe little bugs? What an awkward model will be... maybe she is on air? Strange too because underworlds doesn't give us too much space for high models. Maybe she teleports on the chair? Maybe the chair has foot? Or roots? 

Now I wanna see that model

13 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I hope she is not Alarielle but maybe she is. The beetle on his hand is a clue and I don't think sylvaneth has other "not tree" units or heroes cause is supposed they were created by Alarielle so maybe is Alarielle on foot. The other thing I wonder is the chair on his back because she is clearly on a throne or a chair and I can't see a model sit on a chair without a mount or something that gives mobility... maybe little bugs? What an awkward model will be... maybe she is on air? Strange too because underworlds doesn't give us too much space for high models. Maybe she teleports on the chair? Maybe the chair has foot? Or roots? 

Now I wanna see that model

I'm assuming she's a wizard and the beetle is an representation of her spell. But whatever the rules or names, i'm really looking forward to the next warbands! 

• Like 1

I may be wrong but we havent actually seen the Sylvaneth central character from below the shoulders have we? so she could still be mainly wood and people are... barking up the wrong tree (badum-tish!). Saying that I reckon she'll be some new offspring/cutting of Alarielle, so more humanoid but still with some foliage going on, maybe leaf clothes or something like that.

11 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

she is clearly on a throne or a chair

or she's just taking a breather, I can think of plenty of gigs and events I've been too where I'd have loved to have had a sit down if i'd been able to refashion my branches into a handy stool.

it would be cool if they had a large bug model though, could be a great path to explore for new Sylvaneth models, battle beetles and the like.

• Like 2

People seem to be reading into the bug way too much. If you look at the spites that come with the Kurnoth Hunters etc it is actually really similar to one of those with the scythes and long appearence, just painted to look more realistic.

I think it's probably just a wizard based on the Tree-Revenant look. Either as an alternative Branchwych like the Stormcast/Grot one, a unique one off like the Nighthaunt one, or a sign of a later faction expansion.

I hope it's the latter, especially since the bow Revenant and the 2-handed Revenant (which most people have just assumed is a Protector Glaive despite the different aesthetic, and the fact that the glaive is a leader only weapon and this guy isn't the leader, the guy with the sword is) both are new units. An expension of differently armed Tree-Revenants could be awesome in my opinion, especially since they are the main warriors of Slyvaneth in the lore (Dryads only having taken their current form in response to constant attacks on their forests).

• Like 2

It might be a throne/chair or its a mantel rising up from her mid-section that arches up behind her with her lower body being far more tree-like as standard. Ergo its her trunk and roots as the sylvanath would say. As for the creature on her hand it doesn't look like a beetle to me, but it is some kind of spirit creature. It might be a companion for her (many have them) or its part of a spell such as summoning a swarm of them. 

As for who the character is it might just be that instead of half her upper body being tree and half aelvenlike she's got more aelven upper body parts, but is still a revenant.

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

because she is clearly on a throne or a chair

As clear as a misty day :-P. Without free model shown there is no way to say it's a chair for sure. Much more likely is some sort of collar piece grown out of branches, probably part of her/his - damn those androgynous pointy ears - own body. Somehow I don't see a chair or throne in underworld, yet, although a walking talking fighting piece of furniture would be cool.

Calling it now, at one point a slightly above average aggressive chest will appear searching for a certain spellcaster with no respect of orthography, who has his profession stitched on his headgear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I said it is a chair because of his simetry, and I still think it is a chair/throne and if u look more we can see on both sides that tear bottle thing that alarielle has on his mount and I cant remember but I think tree revenants dont have neither kurnoth. That said the idea of a tree-revenant female wizard is super cool and the idea of a kit with two handed and bow tree revenants would push me to complete my sylvaneth army cause I absolutely love tree revenants, but if they hit on rend -1 what coud do a doble handed weapon? more tanky? they can reroll a dice so they can reroll saves and we have kurnoth with the rol we are trying to fit tree revenants... but it would be nice, the same as tree revenants mounted on bugs or spiderfang tree revenants :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youngSkywalker said:

As clear as a misty day :-P. Without free model shown there is no way to say it's a chair for sure. Much more likely is some sort of collar piece grown out of branches, probably part of her/his - damn those androgynous pointy ears - own body. Somehow I don't see a chair or throne in underworld, yet, although a walking talking fighting piece of furniture would be cool.

Calling it now, at one point a slightly above average aggressive chest will appear searching for a certain spellcaster with no respect of orthography, who has his profession stitched on his headgear. 

Hahaha if that happens I call the return of the miscast die?

We already have a floating turtle... how hard can it be to model an entire world on it's disk... eh shell?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

I said it is a chair because of his simetry, and I still think it is a chair/throne and if u look more we can see on both sides that tear bottle thing that alarielle has on his mount and I cant remember but I think tree revenants dont have neither kurnoth. That said the idea of a tree-revenant female wizard is super cool and the idea of a kit with two handed and bow tree revenants would push me to complete my sylvaneth army cause I absolutely love tree revenants, but if they hit on rend -1 what coud do a doble handed weapon? more tanky? they can reroll a dice so they can reroll saves and we have kurnoth with the rol we are trying to fit tree revenants... but it would be nice, the same as tree revenants mounted on bugs or spiderfang tree revenants :P

OK, you win. It's a chair without the bottom part, only consisting of the beck rest that is growing out of the "sitting" persons back. 

While it looks cruel and elegant (making me think of Slaanesh), the damage to the plate makes me doubt that (they seem the type to keep their stuff in pristine condition). 

It looks kind of similar to the grot armour that we saw in Underworlds, but I have a feeling that we won't get grots for a while (hope I'm wrong, though).  

3 hours ago, stato said:

Rumour engine time

Oct16-RumourEngine4jjv.jpg

Its Clawish which makes me think slaanesh, but also reminds me of the ironjawz claw weapon. Could be the curved armoured tip of a wing, maybe a new idoneth weapon. Or Stormcast are getting something funky.  Im perplexed, and now more than ever with that Darkoath curveball.

• Like 1