The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I know it is "confirmed", but it is so hard to believe that until I don't see it I won't believe it xD

I am talking now with @Nezzhil about it. Maybe they put more minis in less sprues to make room for the scenery, but even with that. Scenery, more cardboard... my wallet is crying.

I think they are doing a FOMO box with the scenery and extra models, then classic starter sets (two spearheads with cost saving). That's what I would expect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they are doing a FOMO box with the scenery and extra models, then classic starter sets (two spearheads with cost saving). That's what I would expect

Yeah but even then this looks like a lot. With this many characters I wouldn't expect less models than Dominion/Leviathan and those didn't have any terrain so very likely more expensive

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Right now, without confirmation about the cover dude being in the box or not (we suspect it would be the case cause Warhound leak), we have the same number of Stormcasts as in Dominion (21). 

Will we reach the TOW level or the box size progression would still go up?

image.jpeg.2c95f8bb7995ff3b2253d81c0d97549a.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Yeah but even then this looks like a lot. With this many characters I wouldn't expect less models than Dominion/Leviathan and those didn't have any terrain so very likely more expensive

With the Hachette Magazines, I imagine GW can probably put loads into the box and still keep the price at a "low" level. I think the big box will be full of stuff to keep it a big bang and to draw people in. 

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Will we reach the TOW level or the box size progression would still go up?

I think for the FOMO box, it's going to be a big one!

48 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Lord-Headless. The new Caster for the Stormcasts Eternals (Am I the only one that sees it as a headless mage?).

Imagen

So they are doing a Knight arcanum-esq hero a staff + sword

image.png.369930099584fd141fd53fb9c16a309e.png

But with a better look you can see the left pauldron is lower then the right beacuse he has some sort of robe over him like the Lord imperitor

image.png.25ecd536fc25292a865d33111ef9eb5a.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So they are doing a Knight arcanum-esq hero a staff + sword

image.png.369930099584fd141fd53fb9c16a309e.png

But with a better look you can see the left pauldron is lower then the right beacuse he has some sort of robe over him like the Lord imperitor

image.png.25ecd536fc25292a865d33111ef9eb5a.png

I think more than Staff and Sword it is Sword and Torch.

That's a second foot hero, which means we are now up to 22 models in the Stormcast side, the most ever in a starter box. I don't really care about the sticker price if the contents and value are good. I'm probably going to buy more Stormcast and Skaven minis anyway. I'd rather pay $300  for $600 dollars worth of content then buy a $200 dollar box that only has $350 dollars worth of content. 

• Thanks 1

Well, for terrain...we are still waiting for these Cities of Sigmar "full buildings" that were constantly teased on Cities of Sigmar pictures.

You'd expect they would be out for the Dawnbringer crusades (I guess we still have one book left for that, haha :D ) and given the Vermindoom event, you'd tend to think the action would happen more on their ruins.

Maybe we'll get some in that "FOMO box" ?

Otherwise, the gryphwolf is looking nice, but I have too many gryphhounds to care already. Do you know how much food these cute critters eat everyday ? And rat food is a big no-no !

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's a second foot hero, which means we are now up to 22 models in the Stormcast side, the most ever in a starter box. I don't really care about the sticker price if the contents and value are good. I'm probably going to buy more Stormcast and Skaven minis anyway. I'd rather pay $300  for $600 dollars worth of content then buy a $200 dollar box that only has $350 dollars worth of content. 

Yeah, but not everyone is able to pay a big amount of money in one go, so maybe GW produces less boxes knowing that.

2 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Well, for terrain...we are still waiting for these Cities of Sigmar "full buildings" that were constantly teased on Cities of Sigmar pictures.

You'd expect they would be out for the Dawnbringer crusades (I guess we still have one book left for that, haha :D ) and given the Vermindoom event, you'd tend to think the action would happen more on their ruins.

Maybe we'll get some in that "FOMO box" ?

Otherwise, the gryphwolf is looking nice, but I have too many gryphhounds to care already. Do you know how much food these cute critters eat everyday ? And rat food is a big no-no !

Those buildings have been confirmed that were part of the box related to the cancelled book Season of War: Gallet.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Those buildings have been confirmed that were part of the box related to the cancelled book Season of War: Gallet.

THE BIGGEST TRAGEDY IN GW'S HISTORY AND EXISTENCE. EVER*.

*after the absence of Plastic Epidemius, Pestigors and Plague Toad and of a Map of Azyr, that is ...

Still hope they'll get released somewhat in 4th edition, maybe not in the Launch Box as @Whitefang back me up said it would be mostly ruins in it (and @Ejecutor shared a rumor about both ruined and intact buildings in it). 

1 minute ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

With all the Stormcast bits coming (also with the culling) that Stormcast and Skaven are the first to get new Battletomes for the 4th?

Yes they will. I imagine Stormcast will be the first one but we will see. I'm hoping we get to see a roadmap this week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

The Rumour Engine – 14th May 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

RumourEngine May14 Content

Looks to be in line with a couple of the recent ones, especially the claw:

image.png.8cce62188bf95cedeea78f4159af5d6b.png

I've seen it pointed out that the "hand" looks a lot like the (currently Forge World resin) Ursarax tech-thralls of 30k's Mechanicum.

Leg looks pretty different though. (If it is them, they might be shown during Saturday's not-AoS preview show.)

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

THE BIGGEST TRAGEDY IN GW'S HISTORY AND EXISTENCE. EVER*.

*after the absence of Plastic Epidemius, Pestigors and Plague Toad and of a Map of Azyr, that is ...

Still hope they'll get released somewhat in 4th edition, maybe not in the Launch Box as @Whitefang back me up said it would be mostly ruins in it (and @Ejecutor shared a rumor about both ruined and intact buildings in it). 

Don't take too serious the rumour about the contents. For example, it didn't mention anything about the doggo. I think it was just a fake one/ a wishlist.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, but not everyone is able to pay a big amount of money in one go, so maybe GW produces less boxes knowing that.

That's why they do the three starter boxes afterwards. The launch boxes are directly aimed at the big spending customers. I do expect them to make far fewer boxes then Dominion though, perhaps half the number they made last time. I imagine they'll look at the number they sold of Dominion in the first three months and then make that many copies. 

That said the rumour goes it was that philosophy which burned them with Cursed City. They looked at how well Blackstone fortress sold and made the same quantity which ended up being far from enough. There's definitely more excitement for the new Skaven than the Kruleboyz. We could find ourselves in another situation where gw misjudges demand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

With all the Stormcast bits coming (also with the culling) that Stormcast and Skaven are the first to get new Battletomes for the 4th?

This is always the case. The factions from the launch box are always the first two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's why they do the three starter boxes afterwards. The launch boxes are directly aimed at the big spending customers. I do expect them to make far fewer boxes then Dominion though, perhaps half the number they made last time. I imagine they'll look at the number they sold of Dominion in the first three months and then make that many copies. 

That said the rumour goes it was that philosophy which burned them with Cursed City. They looked at how well Blackstone fortress sold and made the same quantity which ended up being far from enough. There's definitely more excitement for the new Skaven than the Kruleboyz. We could find ourselves in another situation where gw misjudges demand. 

Did they overproduce Cursed City? I always thought it was the opposite, especially considering they had to make a MTO after the first sale.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Did they overproduce Cursed City? I always thought it was the opposite, especially considering they had to make a MTO after the first sale.

No they massively underproduced it. That's what I'm worried about with 4th. They could be in danger of overcorrecting after 3rd. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Lord-Headless. The new Caster for the Stormcasts Eternals (Am I the only one that sees it as a headless mage?).

Imagen

My initial thought was it looks a lot like Xandire.

warhammer-underworlds-harrowdeep-stormca

Edited by Clan's Cynic