The Rumour Thread

The more I think about the alliance BT the more they feel unequal. Especially the destruction feels like an extremely hard one.

You need to:

*Have three of your units wholly in your territory (which can be very small)

*Successfully get them wholly out of your territory and in range if charging.

*Then succed in all three charges (hello redploy!).

*And not be killed before you have successfully fight with the three units.

I mean, even a newbie player can see so much possibilities to counter play this tactic it's ridiculously hard to succeed in it. 

Compare that to the death one, which unless you have some very special match is kill a five wound hero or a ten wound unit. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Compare that to the death one, which unless you have some very special match is kill a five wound hero or a ten wound unit. 

death tactic gets hard-countered by my list of 28 Webspinner Shamans + unit of emotional support spider riders, it's dogwater unfortunately

Edited by bethebee
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

The more I think about the alliance BT the more they feel unequal. Especially the destruction feels like an extremely hard one.

You need to:

*Have three of your units wholly in your territory (which can be very small)

*Successfully get them wholly out of your territory and in range if charging.

*Then succed in all three charges (hello redploy!).

*And not be killed before you have successfully fight with the three units.

I mean, even a newbie player can see so much possibilities to counter play this tactic it's ridiculously hard to succeed in it. 

This feels like a themed tactic more than a fair one. It's definitely the hardest but we've literally seen half the picture when it comes to battle tactics. Does death have a second harder tactic and Destruction an easier one? On first glance it would seem fairer to move both those tactics to two units, but perhaps time will prove us wrong. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

This feels like a themed tactic more than a fair one. It's definitely the hardest but we've literally seen half the picture when it comes to battle tactics. Does death have a second harder tactic and Destruction an easier one? On first glance it would seem fairer to move both those tactics to two units, but perhaps time will prove us wrong. 

Yeah, i know we still have one each to see from every alliance so I am not totally in doooooooom-mode yet, but the marketing team must have known how different the BT:s where in difficult levels and what kind of speculation this would lead too if there was a ln easier one for destruction.

Its very thematic but extremely hard to do...

14 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Yeah, i know we still have one each to see from every alliance so I am not totally in doooooooom-mode yet, but the marketing team must have known how different the BT:s where in difficult levels and what kind of speculation this would lead too if there was a ln easier one for destruction.

Its very thematic but extremely hard to do...

See it from the bright side, way less opportunity cost from taking that sweet Double Turn :D

and yeah obv the Destruction/Order ones are way worse than the other two from what wad shown in that article 

8 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Has there been any interesting activity from Whitefang (or other reasonably trustworthy leakers/rumourers) lately? Feel like I haven't seen much activity in a while

Not much after the purge other then fanning the Gitmob speculation &

Oh there is going to be plenty. Something completely a challenge to logic. 

was his/her most recent rumor but pretty vague all things considered

32 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Has there been any interesting activity from Whitefang (or other reasonably trustworthy leakers/rumourers) lately? Feel like I haven't seen much activity in a while

No. We are in the long wait era.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Usually not, they often put WD on pre-order the first week of the new month so most likely next week

Would be too crazy to put then the next week all the WD related stuff with the DB 6 stuff? The latest cannot be delayed that much.

• Like 1

Usually when an edition hit, there a long content lull with maybe a something release in November and the next big sigmar release won’t be tease until next year

Skaven and SCE are probably the only big thing left for this year for AOS. So I wouldn’t expect much accurate rumor mongering for a while.

Edited by novakai

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

Usually when an edition hit, there a long content lull with maybe a something release in November and the next big sigmar release won’t be tease until next year

Skaven and SCE are probably the only big thing left for this year for AOS. So I wouldn’t expect much accurate rumor mongering for a while.

And maybe a campaign book? 40k had one almost after the release, isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

there was one with the launch book and then another with the first 2 codexes at the end of the year I think

10 hours ago, Tonhel said:

We cleary do not have the same tactical genious as you

The tactic under discussion is achieved by two small units walking in a straight line out from their territory for one or two turns, which you've admitted is over your head, so clearly you don't.

Age of Sigmar can require a pretty thorough grasp of its rules and tactical decision-making to play at higher levels -- resource management, manipulating pile-ins, anticipating an opponent's turn and preparing for the changing board state -- and you just circle back to parroting half-remembered statements you've heard other people say when you're presented with anything drawn from the world outside your own basement. Maybe you should just tactfully bow out of AOS discussions which have greater complexity than "will you paint your minis." That's one tactic you can probably get the hang of, even if you can't figure out how to score any in-game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, The_Tallest_Ork said:

The tactic under discussion is achieved by two small units walking in a straight line out from their territory for one or two turns, which you've admitted is over your head, so clearly you don't.

Age of Sigmar can require a pretty thorough grasp of its rules and tactical decision-making to play at higher levels -- resource management, manipulating pile-ins, anticipating an opponent's turn and preparing for the changing board state -- and you just circle back to parroting half-remembered statements you've heard other people say when you're presented with anything drawn from the world outside your own basement. Maybe you should just tactfully bow out of AOS discussions which have greater complexity than "will you paint your minis." That's one tactic you can probably get the hang of, even if you can't figure out how to score any in-game.

Lol, indeed we clearly dont have your tactical intellect😂

Edit: As I said the Reclaim the Realms is a very difficult BT for Fyrseslayers and they will have a much harder time to pull it off compared to other Order factions, but luckly not for you it seems. 😄 

Edited by Tonhel

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Well 40K has had Crusade narrative books release for 2 editions now but AoS has not gotten anything similar and our narrative supplements have always been release at the end of an edition (Malign Portent, Broken realm, Dawnbringer)

though it may have been that something happen to season of war: thondia and the series was scrap for AoS.

season of war Thondia was also release April of the next year during 3.0

edit: actually I forgot we got Forbidden power and Wraith of the Everchosen but I remember them being release later on during 2nd edition.

Edited by novakai

24 minutes ago, The_Tallest_Ork said:

Disregarding your tone and that it’s possible with probably every faction (SOB might be the exception) to get it done, how is making sure that two units wander off to fulfill the battle tactic any fun at all? 

That‘s my bigger gripe with battle tactics. Do random stuff for points. That‘s like when you have to do extra things in hard mode of a game (not use ability X, don‘t jump, whatever) for a challenge. 

Whoever came up with this should go back to the basics. I don‘t see Chess going „yo, move your knight in a circle 3 times and you‘ll get another queen“ and I dare to say that Chess is like a thousand times better as a ruleset than any GW game. I know, apples and oranges but GW‘s main concern with their rule sets should be to make the basic framework great before adding tons of extra rules. They only make the game deeper by making the players having to keep more stuff in mind. The battle tactics in 4th might be better than 3rd ed‘s but I‘d rather have it closer to 2nd than 3rd. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well 40K has had Crusade narrative books release for 2 editions now but AoS has not gotten anything similar and our narrative supplements have always been release at the end of an edition (Malign Portent, Broken realm, Dawnbringer)

though it may have been that something happen to season of war: thondia and the series was scrap for AoS.

season of war Thondia was also release April of the next year during 3.0

edit: actually I forgot we got Forbidden power and Wraith of the Everchosen but I remember them being release later on during 2nd edition.

We also had Season of War: Firestorm for the first edition.

• Like 1

Would have preferred if tactics just gave some advatage, eg complete it and u get 2 extra cmd pts (or smth like that), ie you can build some advantage (ie fluffwise eg holding tactical terrain, take out a key enemy unit etc) but it's not 1-1 tied to scoring...

GA ones don't think they are any better than faction locked, probably worse actually as can't be used for balance (even though I def agree with those who don't like that balance mechanic). From what we have seen now death armies just get one more for free because.. reasons?... 

• Like 1

The death battle tactic is just super lame imo - essentially pick a unit to kill. Prime example of the lack of ingenuity GW has with the system. They could be cool if implemented well, but I'm going to kill units anyway. In an actual battle my main goal would be to kill enemies, how does it become tactical to select one of them to kill when I want to kill them anyway?

2 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

The death battle tactic is just super lame imo - essentially pick a unit to kill. Prime example of the lack of ingenuity GW has with the system. They could be cool if implemented well, but I'm going to kill units anyway. In an actual battle my main goal would be to kill enemies, how does it become tactical to select one of them to kill when I want to kill them anyway?

To play devil's advocate, there are numerous examples of when orders from high command dictate that there is a high-priority target on the field. The eradication of said target would be seen as more of a victory regarding a larger war. The BT is simple and clear. Not sure why people would want to have it be needlessly complicated.