The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

I personally expect either all of order or FS/KO/CoS. Can't imagine too much effort will go into the rules since they're being relegated to legends in like 2 months.

He might see an update for 4th, right? I remember a few Legends warscrolls being updated in the transition from 2nd to 3rd, but maybe I dreamt that?

7 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

His warscroll will likely exist for two months. Then there will 4th ed, and they will likely not update legends rules. In other words, the only way to use him will be as a proxy. Absolutely gutted about this.

Yeah, but I don't mind about that. My approach as a collector will be the following. If he can be played for CoS I will buy it. Also, you can always go back to 3rd edition and play him.

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, but I don't mind about that. My approach as a collector will be the following. If he can be played for CoS I will buy it. Also, you can always go back to 3rd edition and play him.

I've said it before, so I won't labour the point. But after all the narrative build up, he should have been a permanent part of the range with permanent rules. This is genuinely such a beautiful model, in plastic. I don't see why they can't offer proper rules support for him.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Seeing the different bits on this mini, like the base where he has his "bionic" leg possed, do you think this RE could be a Skaven one?

AoS WalockEngineerApr22 Image1

FJBh3yINPixFNixa.png

Looking at it now, it could be a bomb with a lit wick

53 minutes ago, Ookami said:

So what are we expecting today for #newaos article? Endless spells? Battle traits?

We’ll be revealing another new miniature on Monday, and learning more about battleplans, the General’s Handbook, and the battle tactics of the new edition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Some could think this was for Chorfs, but as it is from the Advent Calendar it has to be resolved "soon". So I think a Skaven from the box or the follow up wave wouldn't be too crazy.

I gotta be honest with you; I think Skaven is a great (and at the moment the likeliest!) guess but these RE images are so often misleading that it could also be Nighthaunt, some WarCry warband, Hobgrots or anything/anyone else that got some dinged up equipment. Since I think all these options are less likely in the near future, logic dictates Skaven.

But watch me being wrong with my reasoning and it's for a new hero called Stinky Joe, a total loser Kharadron Overlord that uses oil-bombs and can't keep his equipment and personal hygiene in order. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

His warscroll will likely exist for two months. Then there will 4th ed, and they will likely not update legends rules. In other words, the only way to use him will be as a proxy. Absolutely gutted about this.

I don't understand, GW has said they will be updating Legends rules for 4e? They are even keeping all of the squatted Legends rules up to date until 5e.

Grombrindal is going straight to legends, of course he'll get a 4e scroll...