The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Got it. 👍

I'll take the boning if it means more support for each individual clan. 

Yeah, especially for KB. They would get something early, as it is usual for the launching faction of the previous edition.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

If you didn't have a fully built out Ironjawz or KB army, you're kinda boned with this move, and Warclans was a soup for two editions, so that's a lot of people playing orcs over the last six years.

Could it be that they were set like that so the team didn't have to release more BS stuff and now that they will be gone they are free to split them?

I'm not surprised by splitting ironjaws from kruulboys - they are radically different ranges and simply do not look coherent together.

It does feel like we have too many factions in the game though, so I'm not exactly happy about it.

I'm not sure why you guys want to memorize multiple spell lores for multiple heroes in a game. That's a nightmare to me and I'd probably swear off magic forever. I'm happy they stuck to one lore per army.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Could it be that they were set like that so the team didn't have to release more BS stuff and now that they will be gone they are free to split them?

That’s also thematic since Bonesplitterz represented Gorkamorka’s beating heart and they worshipped his combined two-headed essence.

With them gone the faction splitting into heavier Gork Gorruks vs Mork Morruks is rather fitting. 😄

• Like 3

I like that all wizards know a spell lore, it's so much more flexible than what we have currently. 

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

Maybe I'm being dim but the prayer system just seems unnecessarily convoluted.

I don't really get what is gained here?

Agree! Tracking points is just going to be annoying. I guess it's trying to be thematic, but from a game play standpoint, I don't love it.

2 hours ago, Grunbag said:

Anyone else noticed there is no longer orruk warclan keyword ? 

IMG_7422.jpeg

Good now they have more freedom to more as in keeping to the 40k Ork space that many people are familiar with while the Kruleboyz can continue their LoTR psudo-Orc and Goblins side of things. They should have been separate armies from the start because it not like say Slave to darkness where their whole theme is the progression of chaos corruption from the Darkoath being the initial steps and it end with the whole Varanguard/Demon price end of the spectrum.

There supplement wave show how they can expand without needing the Kruleboyz 

Tamer/riders of behemoth apex-predators, stuff like Bigger Wyvern, Squiggoth Ect

Ironjawz Supplement Review: Porktober Cometh – Plastic Craic 

The weird WAAAAGH! magic side of (since Bonesplitterz are absent we can get more Weirdnobs, Rouge Idols, )

New ironjawz : r/OrrukWarclans

or classic Heavy armor orks

Warhammer Preview NOVA Open: Ironjawz Getting A Few New Recruits - Bell of  Lost Souls

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Worst day of my life.

my sympathies Nezzhil 

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'm not sure why you guys want to memorize multiple spell lores for multiple heroes in a game. That's a nightmare to me and I'd probably swear off magic forever. I'm happy they stuck to one lore per army.

For some armies it's fine, for an army like Lumineth that is built around having several distinct thematic spell lores it seems like a huge downgrade.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, especially for KB. They would get something early, as it is usual for the launching faction of the previous edition.

KBZ does have the Lumineath temple style expansion going for them with their 5 Tribe system. While all 5 tribes are represented currently in the range each of them (especially Breaka Tribe and Snatcha tribe) can be expanded upon in the future.

• Like 1

I also don't like the wording of the witchbane curse when it comes to the powered up version.

You roll a D6 chanting roll and on a 2+ you get that many ritual points. And you spend 4+ of them for the prayer to go off. 

In the wording it says 'If the chanting roll was 8+, inflict D3 mortal damage on the target.' But you can't roll 8+ on a D6 chanting roll. I know it means that once you've got 8 ritual points you can spend it on the enhanced ability, but that's not what it says. 

I don't think anyway.

Edited by Starfyre
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Unfortunate for those guys if turning them into two armies isn't possible, hopefully they'll be able to ally them at the very least.

I really want to see Kruleboyz in particular greatly expanded this edition as to me they feel like half an army as it is.

And we are not sure if there is going to be points shrinks like what happened in 40k. And seeing how deadly 4th is going to be wouldn't surprise me that we see more minis per game.

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

For some armies it's fine, for an army like Lumineth that is built around having several distinct thematic spell lores it seems like a huge downgrade.

Well Lumineth might have something that gives them more options. But we all shouldn't suffer for the crimes of Elf Wizards.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

One thing to bear in mind is that AoS is built around exceptions.  For example UNLIMITED spells can’t be repeatedly cast by the same wizard in the same turn except Nagash who can cast Invocation of Nagash more than once per phase. 

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a  Lumineth battle trait that lets them chose more than one spell lore. 

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

More books doesn't implies more support. Being strict more books implies less chances to received support. The number of yearly releases will be the same and the small ones will be splitted more.

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

KBZ does have the Lumineath temple style expansion going for them with their 5 Tribe system. While all 5 tribes are represented currently in the range each of them (especially Breaka Tribe and Snatcha tribe) can be expanded upon in the future.

Expansions is a combination of designers love and good selling product. If you are unlucky to love a faction that doesn't have a combination of both It is better if you stop expecting expansions. Expansions is not a rotation system like Corvus Belli do for Infinity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Haha, come on. It's a choice you are given. If you take two wizards. You could chose the same spell lore if it is to hard to remember a couple of spells. Or make spell cards and etc.. .

I play historical and fantasy games. The cool thing about fantasy that it has magic, so a diverse range of spell lores and spells is a must. We will see how it pans out, but I am curious what this mean for CoS. Now humans and Aelves chose a different lore, with how it was written in this article. This wouldn't be possible anymore.

Edited by Tonhel

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

More books doesn't implies more support. Being strict more books implies less chances to received support. The number of yearly releases will be the same and the small ones will be splitted more.

Well at least the unbespoken rule is at least your army and book release get a hero model every edition (unless your Chaos demon or Imperial knight/ Chaos Knight/ and maybe Sons of behemat in the future).

I guess there always some armies like Grey knights and Drukhari who get left behind a little bit 

17 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Not exactly true for orruk warclan . We already had separated releases for them , we never had any mixed release. Like they made a second wave exclusively made with Ironjawz models , or we had a  battleforce and a vanguard exclusively made with kruleboyz. 
they already had a dilemma about orruk  warclan and releases . Having them separated won’t change the release fréquences for them but it wil’ be easier to collect them through the spearhead or battleforce specific boxes 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I honestly didn’t even know factions could HAVE multiple lores. I play OBR and Deepkin, and the former only has 1 lore while the latter have a grand total of 4 spells in their lore and 3 wizards in their entire range. 

CoS, Seraphon, BoC, DoT, MoN, Skaven, Soulblight, Gloomspite, Ogors, Lumineth and Warclans. So a few. 😉 

Edited by Tonhel

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Some armies in 40k are getting more than one hero with the codex. I think they will receive the same number of minis together or not.

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

CoS, Seraphon, BoC, DoT, MoN, Skaven, Soulblight, Gloomspite, Ogors and Warclans. So a few. 😉 

Ah, that would probably explain it. Literally nobody at my LGS plays Spiderfang who apparently get their own lore, and our Warclans never play Big Waaagh so I’ve compartmentalized them as Kruleboyz and Ironjawz. The rest, nobody here plays or at least they don’t own a wizard for them.