The Rumour Thread

As for the nigh-identical Reclusians, maybe it's a case of them sharing one leg and the back half? Similar to what they did with the Plague Marines in Dark Imperium:

image.png.561fc9ba4f1ad484c28c2a6224bc873d.pngimage.png.c8647cfbf23117c869911e125bc70bf0.png

Producing a sprue which continues to confound new collectors to this day :P.

image.png.fb6c667d60e04ae5e9c155a869ef9052.png

2 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

image.png.3205b614c70ea9e5551dbcfd03a2fe65.png

Spurious perhaps, but the web shop I typically buy from has added years to certain Stormcast products, like Judicators and Knight-Heraldors. Never mind that the dates aren't accurate (I think), it might still suggest an update for those models. 

Interestingly, neither Knight-Azyros nor Retributors have received such a labeling.

WTF Stormcast had two different heraldors? xD

3 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Absolutely! Mid-play and after being told to stop:

Knight-HeraldorKnight-Heraldor 2 - DarkLegionMarket

I guess Heraldor's are the closest thing the Mortal Realms have to a Primaris Lieutenant :P?

Nah. That role gotta be given to either the Knight-Questors or the SBGL Vampires.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

As for the nigh-identical Reclusians, maybe it's a case of them sharing one leg and the back half? Similar to what they did with the Plague Marines in Dark Imperium:

image.png.561fc9ba4f1ad484c28c2a6224bc873d.pngimage.png.c8647cfbf23117c869911e125bc70bf0.png

Producing a sprue which continues to confound new collectors to this day :P.

image.png.fb6c667d60e04ae5e9c155a869ef9052.png

Nah, when you start to compare Reclusians closely almost every single detail is different except the shields.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Absolutely! Mid-play and after being told to stop:

Knight-HeraldorKnight-Heraldor 2 - DarkLegionMarket

I guess Heraldor's are the closest thing the Mortal Realms have to a Primaris Lieutenant :P?

Do their trumpets have their own weapon profile? judging by the size, they could be used as clubs!

Just now, MitGas said:

Do their trumpets have their own weapon profile? judging by the size, they could be used as clubs!

In fact, the latest one doesn't have a hole in the trumpet. It is definitely a mace!

image.png.ceb4b7c88e863137424452d0bca423ec.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Drill your trumpets :D

They also look dadbod-tastic, never really seen these before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Nah, when you start to compare Reclusians closely almost every single detail is different except the shields.

Hmm, good point. At first glance they looked more alike. That makes the similarities even more unfortunate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Yeah female stormcast rock I really appreciate that they actual make moulds for female SCE to have that distinction but isn't in your face about it.

As for the community acceptance (to not go there for to long) maybe it my years of as a Halo player but female supersoldier is not huge deal anywhere. They're just too much immaturity in over there

.....but if GW can please stop making the side cut a thing 😛

Those Conquistador freeguilder look so sweet i really wish in the furure thry use them in the pipeline since don't look out of place with the Dawnbringer. They honestly just look like elite version of steelhelms imo. With the cogfort rumor to be coming an man can dream 🙏 

image.png.273e72c8c23c5c5ffecb8286e6fa449c.png

image.png.f72e8601532b267a309676d3541632ad.png

A mercenary warband of pre vedra reform freeguilders that have been cut loose would be great to see

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

Female super soldiers being added to the game/Stormcast was such a great thing, it's a big part of why I still hold Sacrosanct in such high esteem. Aside from the gender diversity, it just makes the units look so much better when you have actual physical variety of the models.

I will Rep the first Female Stormcast model.

Angharad.

IMG_1481.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I feel like the loss of the BoC has really impacted the narrative this edition- The setup for something as good as the Broken Realms series exists, but it feels like they didn't commit to it because the plotline needed to set it up was scrapped. You can see this because I'm pretty sure every codex covers how the faction handles Incarnates, but the Incarnates themselves weren't ever used as a plot point outside of Thondia. (Speculation) This was probably due to both leading up to a BoC refresh and a different story than the Dawnbringer Crusades that probably focused more on Kragnos, . I think the only major through lines I can think of for the crusades that are actually starting to pay off are the CoS, FEC, Skaven, S2D, and the OBR of all people (Specifically the "Mysterious Hooded Speaker of Nagash's will" is literally Arkhan, the OBR battletome says that this is just what he's doing currently).

It feels weird, I think is the main point of all of this.

The lore in the Thondia book also heavily featured a BoC/Bonesplitterz team-up to control an incarnate.  I guess Yndrasta really just beat the ****** outta them :P

9 minutes ago, willange said:

The lore in the Thondia book also heavily featured a BoC/Bonesplitterz team-up to control an incarnate.  I guess Yndrasta really just beat the ****** outta them :P

She really did, even After the Bonesplitterz shaman impaled her with that giant army destroying Amber Spear spell.

Still managed to kill him & his allied beast army which caused the bray shaman to retreat and the Incarnate to dissipate. And still was able to talk to Karazai afterwards and heal up instead of(what I thought was gonna happen) blast off to reforge.

She’s a celestial badass.

47 minutes ago, Luperci said:

A mercenary warband of pre vedra reform freeguilders that have been cut loose would be great to see

That is even in the current tome lore. Lots of rivalries still spring up between the “new model army” Steelhelms in red & silver with the new Aqshy heraldries vs the landsknecht old guard of blue & gold flying Hammerhal’s old face sigils for Hammerhal.

I super doubt they’ll ever touch on that in models but lore & custom narrative-wise it’s really fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Like i'm fine they drop the Landsknecht for the Burgundian/swiss duds

but there a difference between

this:

image.png.b244edf25559c26d34834c5b09212efd.png

Warhammer - The Old World news and rumors. Dwarves Pg 267 - Forum -  DakkaDakka | Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk.

and this:

image.png.2bbbfcb0e563a58b38cc8ddb748896f3.png

image.png.90dddbe5bb8afb26e647e3fb6712c224.png

Whether it be warband or mainline game it wouldn't really be nice to see this idea be expand on especially since many faction are allow to push various aesthetic like the Soulbight and Slaves to Darkness

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 1

Any bets on us seeing how the Lore of Manifestations works tomorrow? I want to know because if it does let you summon the universal endless spells, I need to pick up a box of Malevolent Sorceries, and the Forbidden Power box from my local mall, where I can hopefully pawn the terrain off on someone else who likes doing terrain.

• Like 1

All I can think for simplicity sake is it’ll be a grab bag of stuff to summon endless spells, the incarnate(probably reworked into an endless spell) and faction terrain but under new universal effects like “manifestation explodicus wave” will let you use any of the larger ones for a big offensive blast that travels in a line(Pendulum, Ghur gnashing teeth, burning head) and magic terrain summoned for a number of purposes.

But that’s a complete shot in the dark guess with me thinking they want things in simpler amounts and made more customizable like maybe you want Tangrim Fyreslayers summoning Lightning snakes(DoK blood snake painted blue), comets(SCE comet) and a floating Azyr samurai shrine(Lumineth shrine) to theme whatever you want?

(feel free to laugh at me when everything actually has Warscrolls and operates like normal and I’m just a big dummy. 😂)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Luperci said:

5 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

image.png.2bbbfcb0e563a58b38cc8ddb748896f3.png

i remember being thinking that they were gonna do a Conquistador look as an evolution of the Landsknecht aesthetic before the new models were revealed.  i figured it was basically perfect for the themes of the Dawnbringer crusades and would've been a really compelling way to hint at their dark side.

i should've expected GW weirdness; no one else would think of Gothic Hussites.

40 minutes ago, bethebee said:

i remember being thinking that they were gonna do a Conquistador look as an evolution of the Landsknecht aesthetic before the new models were revealed.  i figured it was basically perfect for the themes of the Dawnbringer crusades and would've been a really compelling way to hint at their dark side.

i should've expected GW weirdness; no one else would think of Gothic Hussites.

What I find more odd about this is that this aesthetic is not unique from Hammer and Bolter. Before the third edition we got a trailer where some soldiers where disappearing from a campfire and it was using that aesthetic as well. And there's an art where CoS (and maybe Stormcast, I am not fully sure) is facing Nurgle and we can see more cases of that helmet. So either we could see it in the future or it has been totally discarded.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What I find more odd about this is that this aesthetic is not unique from Hammer and Bolter. Before the third edition we got a trailer where some soldiers where disappearing from a campfire and it was using that aesthetic as well. And there's an art where CoS (and maybe Stormcast, I am not fully sure) is facing Nurgle and we can see more cases of that helmet. So either we could see it in the future or it has been totally discarded.

they probably just kept it generic in the meantime?  it's hard to say; i once took those as a hint for the designs going forward but now it seems like the opposite.  aka, (somewhat) generic human soldiery used as a stand-in because we have 0 clue what the next thing will look like and corporate won't let us see.

Edited by bethebee

3 hours ago, bethebee said:

they probably just kept it generic in the meantime?  it's hard to say; i once took those as a hint for the designs going forward but now it seems like the opposite.  aka, (somewhat) generic human soldiery used as a stand-in because we have 0 clue what the next thing will look like and corporate won't let us see.

One of the Cities design articles mentioned that they worked on an aesthetic for Cities they was too "high concept" and that it looked like they came from "some place warm, like they had happy lives"

Maybe this conquistadore look is back from that phase of design?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1