The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Although the Galaxy is generally described as being large enough that there should be room for Tau sized alien races I'd say. Yes, the Imperium is located in basically all of the Galaxy, but it's not occupying it all and the idea of a cluster of stars that weren't ever colonised fits fine*.

*Or perhaps they were colonised, but the locals objected, and the Imperium being rather busy and bureaucratic just has a running counter on how much tithe the planets are overdue by. Eventually the number goes high enough that some no name Space Marine chapter is sent to collect, and they disappear too, but send a signal informing the Imperium of a previously unknown Xenos race with very high tech levels. Cue new faction introduction.

Yes, I'm not saying it's necessarily good lore, but it's convenient for GW as they can carry on with the story with the factions as is, but there is as you say scope for introducing new factions when needed. E.g. buried space skeletons waking up after thousands of years or an empire of space communists who were previously overlooked because they were only cave dwellers the last time the Imps checked.

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

So now we have old unique units that look horrible next to primaris and almost no chapter specific models. To me every primaris army looks like a reskin with a different primaris hero slapped on. Long story short i like the old formula a whole lot more.

You know what looks better on the first bron space marines then the primaris?

rocket launchers😂

they really made a hige mistake with the last primaris troop

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

You know what looks better on the first bron space marines then the primaris?

rocket launchers😂

they really made a hige mistake with the last primaris troop

Cant unsee. 

IMG-20230127-WA00092.jpg.560fa6e329d790bd720475696e6fbeb3.jpg

image.png.3455e51a5712b0f3715316c52d6e42d2.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

As much as it keeps me wondering why space murines are the top money makers for GW i still have to accept that it is probably the reason why they could still make the xenos races and other less popular armies.

Yeah, this pretty much summarize how I feel. I am not at all frustrated or annoyed by the amount of attention for Marines. Although I am aware that in theory every minute spend on those, is a minute less spend on more interesting miniatures, I think we really can't complain this year (after a rather lean 2022)

I am amazed though about the continues popularity the Marines still seem to have. To be honest I find them a bit boring, the range lacking variety. There are so many great models to choose from for both 40K and AOS (as well as different vendors), so why would you spend your money exactly these models which all seem to be more or less the same. Different head, different weapon maybe, sometimes a little bit different pose, that's about it as far as I can see. It si not like they are cheaper right? Really cannot get my head around that, but fine with me, not my money of course

1 minute ago, Lowki said:

There are so many great models to choose from for both 40K and AOS (as well as different vendors), so why would you spend your money exactly these models which all seem to be more or less the same. Different head, different weapon maybe, sometimes a little bit different pose, that's about it as far as I can see. It si not like they are cheaper right? Really cannot get my head around that, but fine with me, not my money of course

Oh that’s easy.

because rats are cool.

😜….

you are talking about rats right?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

Although the Galaxy is generally described as being large enough that there should be room for Tau sized alien races I'd say. Yes, the Imperium is located in basically all of the Galaxy, but it's not occupying it all and the idea of a cluster of stars that weren't ever colonised fits fine*.

*Or perhaps they were colonised, but the locals objected, and the Imperium being rather busy and bureaucratic just has a running counter on how much tithe the planets are overdue by. Eventually the number goes high enough that some no name Space Marine chapter is sent to collect, and they disappear too, but send a signal informing the Imperium of a previously unknown Xenos race with very high tech levels. Cue new faction introduction.

The Q'orl would essentially fill this role their 40k silent people esque, the are powerful af established in 40k and hate the imperium. But due to their location on the west of the galaxy and lack of warp drive likely to get eaten by Tyranids shorlty. Interesting fact its theorised one of their queens were forcibly taken by the eldar and used to create tau ethereals.

Thinking about wasted releases missed a trick to do crusader knights devolving into fec against hassasin slaanesh in nightmare quest. hopefully they get something for the next season. 

4e needs to introduce malerion and ulgu its the logical way to go. 

Edited by Kempak

May be an image of text

This was taken from an Old World FB group from a Valrak stream but looks like these might be the commemorative stamps coming out in the UK at the end of June. I know they say they were going to start reprinting some kits for the Old World but gives us a better picture with the White Lions coming back. 

I'm curious if all the plastic kits are coming back minus any that have been redone since End Times. 

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

May be an image of text

This was taken from an Old World FB group from a Valrak stream but looks like these might be the commemorative stamps coming out in the UK at the end of June. I know they say they were going to start reprinting some kits for the Old World but gives us a better picture with the White Lions coming back. 

I'm curious if all the plastic kits are coming back minus any that have been redone since End Times. 

The Chaos Warriors are the start collecting/ETB ones which is interesting, as it could mean they‘ll be reissued for TOW. In my endless wisdom I bought a couple of  extra bits for them (mainly the T-visor helmet) as I love that classic design with no visible eyes) but I know that some are unhappy they never got those sculpts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

its always been bizzare to me to have an entire galaxy but very few Alien races.

it's because the Crusades killed as many as possible, which is the other problem with 40k: the Imperium is so large it can strangle other narratives or ideas.

12 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Is it that bad tho? 

model-wise it's gotten better sure, but for everything else? all the secondary and tertiary media that rakes in money as well? ridiculously saturated with Marines and Imperium. Chaos I would honestly count as in the same boat since they are specifically the arch-nemesis of the Imperium, the Imperium itself feeds Chaos, and the HH means 40k boils down to good/bad Marines killing each other.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Latest RE screams 40K so much I can hear the Warp!!

FdYwRAKwc4e5XQ74.jpg

Can‘t wait to see the Primaris Lieutenant jumping over the sandbags! 👌 Model of the year 2023 for sure, the scenic base alone will be better than any other release! 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

May be an image of text

is it just me not having seen the White Lions in 15 years or do they look different than the WHF kit??

41 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The Chaos Warriors are the start collecting/ETB ones which is interesting, as it could mean they‘ll be reissued for TOW.

Judging by the Stormcast being directly above them and the 'ves to Darkness' it's probably just photography for the AoS stamps.

38 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

is it just me not having seen the White Lions in 15 years or do they look different than the WHF kit??

They're the 8th edition plastics.

plastic_white_lions.JPG

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I had no idea these got a plastic launch in 8e what?!?! now i gotta go check what else got new plastic in 8e

Dragon Princes and Phoenix Guard.

Also Island of Blood, which will hopefully get another re-release (if only so Skaven can get some decent Rat Ogre sculpts again).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

May be an image of text

I think this is encouraging re: ongoing availability of Dispossessed/Dwarves models, but not sure what it means for their future in AoS Cities?

• Like 1