The Rumour Thread

Glass cannon? 6 wounds and only dies on a 1. Each time a wound that would kill him is dealt he has a 16.7% chance of death (the same odds of passing his 6+save). A 33.3% chance of recovery. And a 50% of wound negation... you underestimate his survivability because of the low save. Plus his wise council buff is legendary.

It's not really 50% wound negation. It's 50% he lays down and does nothing until your next hero phase.

And yes he comes back with D6 wounds if you roll a 5+ but then he's more than likely on 3 or 4 wounds and will get killed again.

He's great I like his rules. But he's definitely a glass cannon, albeit one that can pop back up a few times if you're lucky.

• Like 1

• Ben pinned and unpinned this topic

Indeed unexpected. Keep in mind that Hastings is not your normal source; he has proven time and again that he has internal knowledge (although the amount of info he receives seems to have diminished) of the design team. Most other sources will just know what "is in the pipeline", that means, their inform comes from sales departments and the like (glimps at WD, already produced stuff, etc.). So while Hastings can be very much trusted to have real information, timeframes are a thing with him. Those Skaven could be really just designed, or just produced, but far from release, or close to release. Hard to know. So this rules little out, but it is a great piece of information. 

im also pretty sure that when AoS kicked off he predicted skaven would be next after bb and stormcast so while he's obviously seen something it could have been a long time ago and may even have been scrapped. Think he's been mentioning he LoC for a long time now too

You are right about LoC but wrong about Skaven. That was Harry (the other "legendary" rumour monger, meaning he also had inside knowledge from creatives). But it was never sure whether he meant to have seen something Skaven or if he was just guessing (wording was something along the lines: if I had to guess, I would expect a couple of months of Sigmarines and Khorne and afterwards Skaven). 

Regarding the LoC: I think Sad Panda said many times that it was not coming until the end of 2016 at the least. So I guess that's it; December.

You are right about LoC but wrong about Skaven. That was Harry (the other "legendary" rumour monger, meaning he also had inside knowledge from creatives). But it was never sure whether he meant to have seen something Skaven or if he was just guessing (wording was something along the lines: if I had to guess, I would expect a couple of months of Sigmarines and Khorne and afterwards Skaven). 

Regarding the LoC: I think Sad Panda said many times that it was not coming until the end of 2016 at the least. So I guess that's it; December.

Yeah I don't remember seeing any actual rumours for skaven, it could now be possible that Hastings is just repeating Harry's guess with skaven.

The Lord of change has been rumoured for ages though as you say, and another starter set. I would be surprised if a LoC was released without some supporting faction release. I think it's entirely possible that there's a starter set with a tzeentch theme, especially after the success of silver tower.

I think a lot of stuff gets mistaken for other stuff. I remember before the End Times came out, we had rumours about a Chaos Lord on a Dragon and a new plastic Great Unclean One aka Archaon and The Glottkin.

I think part of the issue with these sorts of rumours is that even though they are from a 'trusted' source, we don't know how much of it is hearsay from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody or how much is a bit of fun from the guys in the Studio. Personally with the recent amazing stuff from GW via Facebook and Youtube, I'm more happy to wait for the cool teasers and pictures that way than a bit of fishwife gossip. A cool example was the recent leak about a 30K release which the GW guys blew out of the water with dropping Kharn!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think a lot of stuff gets mistaken for other stuff. I remember before the End Times came out, we had rumours about a Chaos Lord on a Dragon and a new plastic Great Unclean One aka Archaon and The Glottkin.

I think part of the issue with these sorts of rumours is that even though they are from a 'trusted' source, we don't know how much of it is hearsay from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody or how much is a bit of fun from the guys in the Studio. Personally with the recent amazing stuff from GW via Facebook and Youtube, I'm more happy to wait for the cool teasers and pictures that way than a bit of fishwife gossip. A cool example was the recent leak about a 30K release which the GW guys blew out of the water with dropping Kharn!

All very true and very wise, most of us have anxiety issues though! :)

35 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

I'm certain Sad Panda mentioned Custodes and Sisters, which would make them 100% on the way.

FW 100% confirmed Custodes and Sisters in February at the HH Weekender - sisters are going to be very similar to nuns on bicycles.  Inferno will also see 'wolves, thousand sons and spire guard (thousand son local militia type force)

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

I didn't see all of the live reporting of the Warlords event but according to a poster on Facebook at one point a GW person confirmed that the GH would be re-released yearly 

Definitely good to hear. I think doing something like that is the way forward for GW. It allows them to correct issues with the game far more quickly than the old four year (or less) edition cycle.

3 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

Could be anything, really. 2 months would be November. Didn't we get Everchosen around then? Might be we get a smaller release as a year-ender.

Who knows GW do make miniatures month's in advance right? Still at least it's something I do think it's tzeentch because his battle tome could lead into the dark aelves, steamhead and slaanesh. 

I'm well aware of GW's production cycle. Duncan said we'd see it in about two months. They haven't dropped any really huge releases straight before christmas since forever. Everchosen is the first substantial christmas-season release I can remember. Strategically, it's probably the biggest sort of release the end of the year will support.

Doesn't mean it won't be the Lord of Change/Tzeench Arcanites. I just figure that we'll get that in October/Early November by the latest.

2 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

I'm well aware of GW's production cycle. Duncan said we'd see it in about two months. They haven't dropped any really huge releases straight before christmas since forever. Everchosen is the first substantial christmas-season release I can remember. Strategically, it's probably the biggest sort of release the end of the year will support.

Doesn't mean it won't be the Lord of Change/Tzeench Arcanites. I just figure that we'll get that in October/Early November by the latest.

I see your point well either way I am excited. :D

16 hours ago, shinros said:

Well in the recent stream even Duncan said he is painting something for a release and it will be coming out in around 2 months? My prediction? Tzeentch. 

Duncan also said he was going home to paint Bretonnians and that it was 'controversial' in the web stream. My prediction is that AoS is axed an WFB is brought back with all the previous armies in two months. ^_^