The Rumour Thread

My only concern is over what the Era of the Beast actually as. We had Alareilles spell waking up the Realms, especially in Ghur and the Kruelboyz have shown up. So besides the narrative implications so far we have seen a subfaction and some awesome Dragons for SCE. 

I just hope it goes further than that with the more Beastly Factions getting new minis and the narrative actually shifting focus onto Destruction who since the beginning of AOS have just been there, 1st Edition was Order Vs Chaos, 2nd Edition was Order Vs Death so I just want Destruction to get their time to shine.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

My only concern is over what the Era of the Beast actually as. We had Alareilles spell waking up the Realms, especially in Ghur and the Kurelboyz have shown up. So besides the narrative implications so far we have seen a subfaction and some awesome Dragons for SCE. 

I just hope it goes further than that with the more Beastly Factions getting new minis and the narrative actually shifting focus onto Destruction who since the beginning of AOS have just been there, 1st Edition was Order Vs Chaos, 2nd Edition was Order Vs Death so I just want Destruction to get their time to shine.

I guess we still have the rematch between Kroak and Kragnos to look forward to. Still hoping Gordrakk does something awesome, his ego must be seriously damaged. Maybe Kragnos will find a new faction somewhere. Gitz could be cooking up some nasty schemes under some mountain somewhere. 

13 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I guess we still have the rematch between Kroak and Kragnos to look forward to. Still hoping Gordrakk does something awesome, his ego must be seriously damaged. Maybe Kragnos will find a new faction somewhere. Gitz could be cooking up some nasty schemes under some mountain somewhere. 

Gordrakk definitely needs to get his time to shine or at least redemption for his krumpin by Kragnos.

Skragrott could lead a new campaign of united Gitz with perhaps a new wave emerging from the depths of the Realms or forests in the case of Spiderfang.

Sons of Behemat will always be present when Destruction reigns so perhaps we will hear of a new Gargant rising to power to take the mantle of Behemat himself. Perhaps a certain King will take that role?

Ogor Mawtribes have had possibly the least to do with the narrative of all the Destruction Factions so it could be that the Ogors take centre stage. They could take on the role of a locust swarm, feasting and slaying there way across Thonida from the Great Gutfort in the greatest Mawpath yet seen.

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think Ghur is ending in summer to enter Uglu, so the Era of the Beast could be a little disappointing.

If this happened I would be incredibly dissapointed, especially if we left Ghur to focus on Aelves yet again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think Ghur is ending in summer to enter Uglu, so the Era of the Beast could be a little disappointing.

We will have to see how they handle this. I don't doubt the original plan was to move to Ulgu for year 2 of the edition, but they might have to get a few more of the originally planned releases out before it makes sense to advance the narrative again. Anyway, I would not expect the Era of the Beast to end anytime soon. It's not like 2nd edition was all Shyish, all the time. The plot can move to other realms without the Destruction focus getting dropped.

• Like 1

Obviously there has been issues with global shipping and the ongoing of consequences of COVID mean that we have to be a bit more patient with model and book releases but this isn't the only tool they have.

They could have pushed out some short stories or a narrative campaign and I'm sure they could of thought of something else they could do while working from home.

I still think that the Ulgu stuff will be the b plot of the edition and then tie into the a plot with the release of Malerion down the line. In general AOS seems to have slightly divided narrative focus with four grand alliances and numerous more armies and subfactions running around. In essence I feel like the Destruction, Stormcast and Duardin narrative will focus heavily on Ghur whereas the Aelven, Slaanesh storyline will continue in Ulgu. 

During second edition death got a lot of focus at the start (malign portents) and the end of the edition (soulblight). Underworlds moved to Ulgu during the ‘death’ edition. I don’t think there’s any reason for concern about destruction not getting enough attention this edition (yet).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I still think that the Ulgu stuff will be the b plot of the edition and then tie into the a plot with the release of Malerion down the line. In general AOS seems to have slightly divided narrative focus with four grand alliances and numerous more armies and subfactions running around. In essence I feel like the Destruction, Stormcast and Duardin narrative will focus heavily on Ghur whereas the Aelven, Slaanesh storyline will continue in Ulgu. 

Do we know the lore in the new Nurgle battletome? When there are no narrative events and only battletomes, it is the way to expand the lore. So anyone knows what happens in that battletome? I know that know Nurgle is more contained in Ghyran and Sylvanteh is expanding, but would be great to know from someone who has read it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

My only concern is over what the Era of the Beast actually as. We had Alareilles spell waking up the Realms, especially in Ghur and the Kruelboyz have shown up. So besides the narrative implications so far we have seen a subfaction and some awesome Dragons for SCE. 

I had really hoped we'd get some generic beasts that could be used across an entire faction. Like some death bone construct colossus,  some giant horrid predatory beast for Destruction (ravenak the godbeast perhaps?), a new chaos dragon for chaos, and well, Order already got their dragons. Or is Kragnos supposed to be the cross/destruction beastie?

Or flesh out Destructions army lists with a monstrous unit for each army. Would be the perfect time to bring back Yetis and gorgers for Mawtribes, The colossal Squig for Gloomspite, and the rogue Idol for Greenskinz with new sculpts and rules. 

But at this point, Ill be happy if we just get updated codexes for destruction. I'm not optimistic on much else. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I had really hoped we'd get some generic beasts that could be used across an entire faction. Like some death bone construct colossus,  some giant horrid predatory beast for Destruction (ravenak the godbeast perhaps?), a new chaos dragon for chaos, and well, Order already got their dragons. Or is Kragnos supposed to be the cross/destruction beastie?

Or flesh out Destructions army lists with a monstrous unit for each army. Would be the perfect time to bring back Yetis and gorgers for Mawtribes, The colossal Squig for Gloomspite, and the rogue Idol for Greenskinz with new sculpts and rules. 

But at this point, Ill be happy if we just get updated codexes for destruction. I'm not optimistic on much else. 

This is exactly what I had hoped for!! Yehtees and Gorgers would be the perfect beasts to update for Mawtribes, make them monstrous and give them an AOS twist!! 

To go along with my forest and valley themed Ogors and Gargants I was planning on making some Gigantopithecus themed Yehtees if they were updated this Edition!!

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is exactly what I had hoped for!! Yehtees and Gorgers would be the perfect beasts to update for Mawtribes, make them monstrous and give them an AOS twist!! 

To go along with my forest and valley themed Ogors and Gargants I was planning on making some Gigantopithecus themed Yehtees if they were updated this Edition!!

Forest thehe huh? Cold, dark, conifer-dominant boreal forest? You could go with a  wendigo theme for the gorgers pretty easily. Or at least use one as a unit leader. Based on the stories and mythos from the native north American tribes in what is present day Canada. Gaunt, starving creatures with (or wearing) Caribou, moose or elk skulls. There's a ton of wendigo models out there on Etsy and other resin modeling sites if you need models or bits. 

Wendigo Spiral Notebook for Sale by Jamie SnellWendigo Miniature by Creature Armory Dungeons and Dragons | Etsy in 2021 |  Wendigo, Creatures, Dungeons and dragons

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Forest thehe huh? Cold, dark, conifer-dominant boreal forest? You could go with a  wendigo theme for the gorgers pretty easily. Or at least use one as a unit leader. Based on the stories and mythos from the native north American tribes in what is present day Canada. Gaunt, starving creatures with (or wearing) Caribou, moose or elk skulls. There's a ton of wendigo models out there on Etsy and other resin modeling sites if you need models or bits. 

Wendigo Spiral Notebook for Sale by Jamie SnellWendigo Miniature by Creature Armory Dungeons and Dragons | Etsy in 2021 |  Wendigo, Creatures, Dungeons and dragons

That would fit the Gorger perfectly!! I have just finished reading Devolution by Max Brooks* about a Bigfoot attack at Mt Rainier and the descriptions and evidence in the book about Gigantopithecus made me want to make savage Gigantic Orangutan based Yehtees.

*Same author behind World War Z.

gigantopithecus.jpg

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That would fit the Gorger perfectly!! I have just finished reading Devolution by Max Brooks* about a Bigfoot attack at Mt Rainier and the descriptions and evidence in the book about Gigantopithecus made me want to make savage Gigantic Orangutan based Yehtees.

gigantopithecus.jpg

Why wait for GW it reissue 20 year old models? Check out Etsy, there's dozens of resin Yeti models out there if you want to go the Gigantopithicus theme. 

The Yeti Resin RPG Miniature  Print My Minis image 1

28mm Yeti  DnD Miniatures  Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures  image 1

Or if you like multiarmed threats, search for the dungeons and dragons monster, a girallion. They're a 4 armed ape

Girallon miniature  3D printed tabletop Girallon miniature image 1

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

i mean with how they reboxing miniature in red box and putting ERA OF THE BEAST on their book back cover, I assume we be stuck with it for the next three year at least, like Soul Wars for second edition.

I don't expect ULGU to happen until way after Harrowdeeper 2 comes out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

In which case Sir needs to get forgeworld to bring back the incarnate elemental of beast.. thats what sir needs. :)

I don't know why you're all so surprised.

9th edition's big narrative thrust was the return of the Silent King, the bigger awakening of the Necrons and the building of the Pariah Nexus; a task of such galactic importance it would effect every single faction.

None of this has been followed up in any further material or campaign books and we're almost 2 years into the edition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

I don't know why you're all so surprised.

9th edition's big narrative thrust was the return of the Silent King, the bigger awakening of the Necrons and the building of the Pariah Nexus; a task of such galactic importance it would effect every single faction.

None of this has been followed up in any further material or campaign books and we're almost 2 years into the edition.

After that amount of sleep its probably taken him two years to work out where the bathroom is.

You wait till kragnos properly comes round fully and realises he’s actually a beastman , he’ll go nuts.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

After that amount of sleep its probably taken him two years to work out where the bathroom is.

You wait till kragnos properly comes round fully and realises he’s actually a beastman , he’ll go nuts.

eh, he realize he not a loser goatmen and just carry on with his life. i mean they only have one goat centaur in the army doesn't mean he part of the same genome as them

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, novakai said:

eh, he realize he not a loser goatmen and just carry on with his life. i mean they only have one goat centaur in the army doesn't mean he part of the same genome as them

I don't know... That "tail" on his backside looks suspiciously like a tentacle to me...

29 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I'm hoping todays rumour engine will be a good one for AoS. We are starting to get a bit low on anything really.

This. Surely we could at least start getting AOS styled or very obvious Rumour Engines at least? Even they sometimes can be up to a year old before revealed.