The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm surprised so many people like the Rumour Advent Calendar.

To me it's just very tedious. Occasionally you get a very-obvious one like the Genestealer claw, but 99% of them are so 'nothing'.

I didn’t like how they did it last year either, but I feel doing it vision of the beast style is probably way better since it all lead to something after all the engines. 

granted it too early to tell if it’s all Eldar or if they may give AoS a bone

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm surprised so many people like the Rumour Advent Calendar.

To me it's just very tedious. Occasionally you get a very-obvious one like the Genestealer claw, but 99% of them are so 'nothing'.

I don't inherently have a problem with it, but we already have so many rumor engines out there for products that haven't even been shown yet. We have stuff from almost 2 years ago that haven't been solved yet. With all of the production delays they just keep teasing and never revealing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Looks like an eldar topknot at first glance. Could be the Idoneth character model's hair [although its a little plain for that]. Maybe Kurnothi? [As in actual pony tail?]

Hard to say if it anything else but Eldar with that Eldar background they are using

The text also seems to indicate its all eldar this month:

"Welcome to the Advent Engine, a gift from the Old Ones that helps us see the future. For the next 24 days, it will send us an image of a hopeful tomorrow"

Old ones are 40k slaans. They were the ones who created the eldars etc. Hopeful tomorrow also connects a lot with the idea of eldars trying to rebuild their society. Thats not counting the border. Theres a good chance we might just see Eldar for the whole thing so maybe dont expect a lot of AoS

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

Hard to say if it anything else but Eldar with that Eldar background they are using

Its probably a hint that Eldar are soon but I'd guess its simply the theme of the advent engine, the previous ones have been themed around chaos engines, mechanicus etc..so I'd expect other things beyond eldar, but perhaps a good chunk of eldar stuff. There is a rumour monger who claims to be posting rumours about an upcoming eldar release in a similar manner to the rumour engine, which is beginning to feel a little more than coincidence...

No idea what to expect/hope for in terms of AoS but still hoping for some Squat stuff. 

Edited by silverstu

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Its probably a hint that Eldar are soon but I'd guess its simply the theme of the advent engine, the previous ones have been themed around chaos engines, mechanicus etc..so I'd expect other things beyond eldar, but perhaps a good chunk of eldar stuff. There is a rumour monger who claims to be posting rumours about an upcoming eldar release in a similar manner to the rumour engine, which is beginning to feel a little more than coincidence...

No idea what to expect/hope for in terms of AoS but still hoping for some Squat stuff. 

Apparently they are talking to the eldar discord and they are having an advent calendar of leaks on the eldar reddit. Seems like its not coincidence at all

RDT_20211201_143453139022420295345163.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

The time they did chaos engine it was all related to the CSM release during shadowspear and the last year advent calendar was a generic border with snow on it.

30 minutes ago, Higolx said:

The text also seems to indicate its all eldar this month:

"Welcome to the Advent Engine, a gift from the Old Ones that helps us see the future. For the next 24 days, it will send us an image of a hopeful tomorrow"

Old ones are 40k slaans. They were the ones who created the eldars etc. Hopeful tomorrow also connects a lot with the idea of eldars trying to rebuild their society. Thats not counting the border. Theres a good chance we might just see Eldar for the whole thing so maybe dont expect a lot of AoS

Old Ones are also still relevant in AoS as Seraphon still revere them. It's possible to get some AoS rumors as well or at least hope to. If it's all 40k stuff it'll be disappointing but not the end of the world.... we already went through the End Times. 

Here we go!! Itll be interesting to see if it is just Eldar, I'd love some AOS as well so if tomorrows has a similar border or seems 40K it may just be.

That being said Eldar are sorely needing a range refresh so I'm happy for Eldar and 40K fans that it's not another Marine wave.

6 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Old Ones are also still relevant in AoS as Seraphon still revere them. It's possible to get some AoS rumors as well or at least hope to. If it's all 40k stuff it'll be disappointing but not the end of the world.... we already went through the End Times. 

True, old ones are still relevant to aos. But the combo of that + the rest of the text + all the eldar leaks going on + the border, Id say its looking like theres a good chance you'll be dissapointed. We might get some AoS stuff on the best of cases but it looks like the bulk of rumors are going to be eldar at least.

2 minutes ago, Higolx said:

True, old ones are still relevant to aos. But the combo of that + the rest of the text + all the eldar leaks going on + the border, Id say its looking like theres a good chance you'll be dissapointed. We might get some AoS stuff on the best of cases but it looks like the bulk of rumors are going to be eldar at least.

most rumours from the last year were AoS related and then AoS had a bigger year in terms of releases than 40k seems to be just based on their release schedule not some malicious intent. 

That guy needs to make a weekly insta with every rumour engine, such beautiful childlike creativity, and frankly more entertaining. (For disclosure I’m not bitter about rumour engines, just wildly impatient).

As for this new engine, I think it’s a topknot on a skull. Like Varag.But dunno what it would be on or for. 

599DB810-BB90-498B-8A01-4AC66BCA4D5F.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Feii said:

most rumours from the last year were AoS related and then AoS had a bigger year in terms of releases than 40k seems to be just based on their release schedule not some malicious intent. 

Um, not sure where I talked about malicious intent? But yeah, that would make sense in the "aos year - 40k year" logic. Last year was aos, 2019 was more focused on chaos in 40k etc

1 hour ago, Feii said:

Really hyped but I hope they won't be purely imperium aligned. 

Well seeing as how the Imperium failed to stop them being almost entirely gobbled up by the Nids I can see a re-emergemce of angry Squats whose new grudges against both the Imps and Nids makes their old grudges against the Orks and Eldar look like a play date.

Edited by EntMan

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Well seeing as how the Imperium failed to stop them being almost entirely gobbled up by the Nids I can see a re-emergemce of angry Squats whose new grudges against both the Imps and Nids makes the their old grudges against the Orks and Eldar look like a play date.

I would like them to be more open to cooperation with knifeea eldars "Hey Eldrad/Yvraine, can we get a contract to mine this maiden world of yours? You see it is directly in the path of Tyranids/CSM/Imperium, give us one sun cycle and we will be finished and then can blow up the whole thing" 

Also Tau and squats would be an interesting duo. 

• Like 1

Granted I feel like the reason there was a lot of AoS release this year was because of the pandemic delaying a lot of stuff in 2020 and  with 40K 9th edition having problem getting everything out on time.

it was quite possible that initially the release schedule was that Slaanesh, DoK and Cursed City where suppose to have been release in 2020 with BR Morathi and Soulblight was suppose to have been release in January or even earlier. 

plus they really bum rush all the AoS release so they could make their 3rd edition deadline on time in the summer with only dragons being the only big hiccup they faced after the edition launched

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Granted I feel like the reason there was a lot of AoS release this year was because of the pandemic delaying a lot of stuff in 2020 and  with 40K 9th edition having problem getting everything out on time.

it was quite possible that initially the release schedule was that Slaanesh, DoK and Cursed City where suppose to have been release in 2020 with BR Morathi and Soulblight was suppose to have been release in January. 

plus they really bum rush all the AoS release so they could make their 3rd edition deadline on time in the summer with only dragons being the only big hiccup they faced after the edition launched

There are a lot of factors going into how the release schedule played out for sure, but I think most of the boredom/desperation at this point for AoS fans is just the fact that we'll all been waiting almost 7 months at this point to see what 3rd edition has on offer past the initial SC/KB release and we still know basically nothing about what is coming after Nurgle, which is itself just a speedbump release.

That said, I genuinely don't think this years advent calendar is going to be all Eldar. 24 rumor engines is a LOT to put out for one release, even a massive one.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, madmac said:

There are a lot of factors going into how the release schedule played out for sure, but I think most of the boredom/desperation at this point for AoS fans is just the fact that we'll all been waiting almost 7 months at this point to see what 3rd edition has on offer past the initial SC/KB release and we still know basically nothing about what is coming after Nurgle, which is itself just a speedbump release.

That said, I genuinely don't think this years advent calendar is going to be all Eldar. 24 rumor engines is a LOT to put out for one release, even a massive one.

Yeah visions of beast was only 11 engines (granted it was of only kruleboyz model in Dominon and not of any of the separate models) so they can easily split it in half for both system but I wouldn’t be surprise if it was 24 Eldar engines either.

but it just a wait and see for now.

19 minutes ago, madmac said:

Apparently the eldar refresh is supposed to be MASSIVE. Like, almost an entire new army worth of new models. I wouldnt be surprised if all the 24 slots are for eldar. You have to consider they can do more than 1 rumor for a model or unit. They can do 2 or more rumors for 1 model, 2 or more rumors for different models in a unit etc. But its true, there could be some non eldar rumors.

4 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Apparently the eldar refresh is supposed to be MASSIVE. Like, almost an entire new army worth of new models. I wouldnt be surprised if all the 24 slots are for eldar. You have to consider they can do more than 1 rumor for a model or unit. They can do 2 or more rumors for 1 model, 2 or more rumors for different models in a unit etc. But its true, there could be some non eldar rumors.

According to the Leaker King we're supposed to see a very sizeable Chaos Space Marine wave before Eldar though, which is why I doubt - even if the revamp is huge - that it's going to be an exclusively Eldar calendar.  

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

According to the Leaker King we're supposed to see a very sizeable Chaos Space Marine wave before Eldar though, which is why I doubt - even if the revamp is huge - that it's going to be an exclusively Eldar calendar.  

Rumors can take a long time to happen. All Im trying to say is, even tho it could have non eldar rumors we shouldnt expect non eldar rumors, you know? Just to avoid future dissapointments. I would love non eldar 40k rumors and non 40k rumors to also be present but Im ready for it being just eldars. You know, the whole "lower your expectations" stuff.