The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Words have meaning, though. Atheists, the fine and intelligent folks they are, do not believe in gods. It's not a question of seeing they exist but not serving them. It's about knowing they don't exist.

Okay, I'll change it. 

• Like 1

So, seems like the theme is one Stormcast box hero per weekday.
So 5 SCE heroes in the box then? Got one that looks like a mage, and one that looks like a Lord Celestant from the animation. Guess we might see a mounted one silhouette tomorrow or Friday. That's been the trend for the boxsets.
Also got the bald, spear hero.

Edited by Indecisive

@Indecisivei think the preview  are more just stormcasts generic silhouettes,one or two of them could be part of units imho,5 heroes seems a bit much (Indomitus got 3 iirc).

@KingBroddimho BCR should get more cave and prehistoric beasts, while the gutbuster retains more the mongolian part of old ogres (still i hope GW will make Gorgers as a new models, they were really interesting)Cave bears,sabertooth,great elks and so on.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

I think five "hero Stormcasts" are perfectly reasonable. Make it one (unspoilered) "big boss", some wizard type, some standard type, a unit of three lesser guys (think 40K Bladeguard Veterans) - that is already five models covered plus one bigger thing to still show for Saturday.

New Lord Kroak. Seems to be fine:

• No FNP. 3+ saves with 10 wounds
  • Double 1s on cast turns to a succefull cast made with CV12 but can't do any other thing in the same hero phase (he falls sleep, just AWESOME!!!).
  • +2 cast, unbind and dispell
  • Infinite range with unbinds
  • Hero Phase, roll 3 dice, for every 5+= 1CP
  • Every time you spend Summoning Points, roll a die. On 5+, you don't spend this summoning points. On 1, don't summon anything and must remove another unit with the same summoning cost!! Let's gamble!!
  • 4 spells. 2 on his warscrolls.
  • 2 unique CAs

Edit: FAKE WARSCROLL!!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

New Lord Kroak. Seems to be fine:

• No FNP. 3+ saves with 10 wounds
  • Double 1s on cast turns to a succefull cast made with CV12 but can't do any other thing in the same hero phase (he falls sleep, just AWESOME!!!).
  • +2 cast, unbind and dispell
  • Infinite range with unbinds
  • Hero Phase, roll 3 dice, for every 5+= 1CP
  • Every time you spend Summoning Points, roll a die. On 5+, you don't spend this summoning points. On 1, don't summon anything and must remove another unit with the same summoning cost!! Let's gamble!!
  • 4 spells. 2 on his warscrolls.
  • 2 unique CAs

Where did you find this??

So a nerf to Impeccable Foresight going from 1.5 average to 1 average, a buff to Masters of Order with a flat +1 added to the bonus value, some new tricks here and there that we can’t evaluate until we see the full warscroll. A second command ability could be great or just meh. If his spells stay the same, he‘ll be more of the same, which isn’t a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

@Indecisivei think the preview  are more just stormcasts generic silhouettes,one or two of them could be part of units imho,5 heroes seems a bit much (Indomitus got 3 iirc).

@KingBroddimho BCR should get more cave and prehistoric beasts, while the gutbuster retains more the mongolian part of old ogres (still i hope GW will make Gorgers as a new models, they were really interesting)Cave bears,sabertooth,great elks and so on.

I wouldnt be suprised to see the Gorger and the Yehtee released as a dual plastic kit.

The Frost Sabre needs updated to be more in line with the Underworlds one but I agree on BVR having more prehistoric influences. We need Cave Bears and I was even thinking Giant Ground Sloths as well. 

My personal hope is they release a new plastic mammoth type creature for them. With a Howdah full of Ogors armed with Hunting Crossbows.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

My personal hope is they release a new plastic mammoth type creature for them. With a Howdah full of Ogors armed with Hunting Crossbows.

That would have to be the size of the old Chaos Mammoth! Otherwise, it would invade the design space of the Thundertusk.

34 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It is a good joke though, waiting just long enough for the reveal.

the madman even printed it on a special paper and took a ****** "quick take your worst camera it's Aliens!" picture. 100/100 trolling

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

That would have to be the size of the old Chaos Mammoth! Otherwise, it would invade the design space of the Thundertusk.

Oh it would have to be absolutely massive. That's why I also think the Giant Ground Sloth would work well. It's a creature that I've definitely not seen used in a war gaming setting and fits the Ice Age/Prehistoric aesthetic. It would also be awesome to see an AOS version of a Carnivorous one.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh it would have to be absolutely massive. That's why I also think the Giant Ground Sloth would work well. It's a creature that I've definitely not seen used in a war gaming setting and fits the Ice Age/Prehistoric aesthetic. It would also be awesome to see an AOS version of a Carnivorous one.

A grimdark megatherium would be amazing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Love the ground sloth idea. Could also have them riding killerwhales/ mosasaurus like a warship?

Edited by Iksdee