The Rumour Thread

58 minutes ago, Teletomas said:

Sorry, HERE's the image with cracks and all!

Both are gray stone with lines and cracks. But the adepticon image has the lines thin and curving, while the new Rumor Engine image has thick lines in a right-angled flagstone pattern.

Also, the major images are of a completely different style.

I would say those two are not even the same kind of image, the first looking an illustration in a battletome and the second looking more like a gaming tile or battlemat.

• Like 1

When I scroll through this thread I always wonder to myself; what happened to hastings and Harry and all the 'mongers from back in the day, they certainly spiced things up even if what they were peddling wasn't always a sure thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lavy said:

When I scroll through this thread I always wonder to myself; what happened to hastings and Harry and all the 'mongers from back in the day, they certainly spiced things up even if what they were peddling wasn't always a sure thing.

GW I think are bribing rumor mongers with early viewings and free stuff to keep things hush hush until near pre orders or release day. I am actually kinda surprised the new Duardin stuff has not leaked yet myself. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

I guess someone got to Sad Panda. Hastings posts in the comments on Atia's blog.

In the last couple of months GW has been pretty good at doing previews reasonably ahead of time. The next release (steamhead presumably) has been the exception. It is possible, as someone said,  that they don't want to divert attention from gathering storm 3 which is a very big release for them. 

At the latest we will see retailer info next Monday, but I will be very surprised if we don't see something official before then.

Regarding the rumour engine pic, it is almost certainly a board tile, probably from the game they are planning to show off at Adepticon. 

Gw's recent boardgames have been great and have really revitalised my interest in the hobby. Just 2 weeks until the big reveal. I hope they steam it.

Edited by Chikout

33 minutes ago, Lavy said:

They're still out there. The only active one is Lady Atia, but even her staff can be vague and sparse.

Atia is much less of a rumour monger than Harry, Hastings (both likely workers at GW of friends with people in the design team), Darnok (Berlin retailer iirc, but with lots of sources), or Sad Panda (unknown identity, but very informed). Atia seems to have some contact with FW people and receives information  from other internet people (including WD leaks and such), but I have never seen her inform on  far-off releases. So Hastings is really the only kinda active rumourmonger.

Wow, I forgot about darnok. The game is better than It was in 8th... but our rumour mongers seem to be left in the dust. Hopefully GW leverages their Internet presence ahead of time to hype their AoS release schedule.... if only to sate my desire for new factions and models ;)

Edited by Lavy

IIRC, several of the old school rumourmongers just lost interest in GW/Fantasy. The End Times and AoS killed the passion, so they haven't bothered with it for a while. I may be misremembering though.

Tile is definitely Nagash' head. But whether it's a tile for a board game, new battlemat or just some new art I can't say. Would love a Shyish-themed 6x4 battlemat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lavy said:

Wow, I forgot about darnok. The game is better than It was in 8th... but our rumour mongers seem to be left in the dust. Hopefully GW leverages their Internet presence ahead of time to hype their AoS release schedule.... if only to sate my desire for new factions and models ;)

I actually talked about this in a seperate thread. It does seem like the rumormongers have stopped trying.

Also does the "rumor" engine really produce rumors? Seem more like teasers to me.

Its not really a rumor if GW has confirmed its existance from a site they control.

I appreciate GW efforts but i miss looking at a grainy picture and spotting something in the background (Like the magmadroths and Archaon)

Now we just wait until GW is nice enough to give us a teaser speculate about it for a bit and then repeat the process all over again.

We miss you rumormongers :'(

• Like 3

I'am quite surprised by Hastings attitude of late. I do not know if you guys remember, but after ET and for quite a long time, Hastings was extremely bitter with AoS and generally GW. Although I remember he was quite excited with WhQST, the level of entusiasm he has shown this week (check the comments sections on Atia's blog; lots of info on 40k) is simply astonishing. In short: he is defending very strongly GW and both the 40k AND AoS system/setting. He has also declared to be really excited and interested in both systems. 

I know GW has changed radically as of late in its attitude and everything. But such a huge change must have one of two sources: either future products are awesome or they also bribed Hastings :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Turgol said:

I'am quite surprised by Hastings attitude of late. I do not know if you guys remember, but after ET and for quite a long time, Hastings was extremely bitter with AoS and generally GW. Although I remember he was quite excited with WhQST, the level of entusiasm he has shown this week (check the comments sections on Atia's blog; lots of info on 40k) is simply astonishing. In short: he is defending very strongly GW and both the 40k AND AoS system/setting. He has also declared to be really excited and interested in both systems. 

I know GW has changed radically as of late in its attitude and everything. But such a huge change must have one of two sources: either future products are awesome or they also bribed Hastings :) 

Oh yeah I know my mouth dropped when I saw him defending AOS in such a fashion, I think city of secrets and the new warhammer quest games and atia's posts on them got him on board somewhat also the future releases he heard about or seen.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, daedalus81 said:

That tells you that GW did something right.  These guys had kicked Warhammer to the curb even before 8th edition, really.

This may be OTT, and I do know that GW have done many right things as of late. AoS release was not, however: it was flawed, badly handled and quite bland. I certainly can understand the bitterness about it: WHFB did need a big shakeup in all levels but destruction under denial and then taking out a flawed product (with insane prices) was not the answer. They have certainly a much better and always improving product now, but back then, it was not that good when compared with what GW destroyed. 

I like much better what they are doing with 40k now: huge setting shakeup, opening a whole world of possibilities (both for new products and new stories), but maintaining most of the good stuff. I would have loved, for instance, to see the WHFB world expand, dwarves change by Grugni and Grimnir coming back (as they did in AoS!), elves having a new pantheon, the Empire now protected directly by Sigmar, etc., but maintaining some of the story. 

But seeing it being done right in 40k does not make envious at all. It rather makes me very hopeful that the AoS setting, story and general management is also moving in the right direction. I can forgive the huge blow that was world destruction. 

Edited by Turgol