The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Context: During the Age of Chaos, the Vostarg Lodge lost its main Magmahold and its Runefather, causing his twelve Runesons (unable to determine the rightful heir) to split apart with one of them, Zhafor, founding the modern Vostarg Lodge which is a playable faction today.

Thanks so much!

40 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I guess we'll come back to this conversation in about six week's time.

Tbh I don't really care about BoC, but a staff is never an absolute source of information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Well, no... For a massive beast it's hardet to hit something small, but once it connetcs, it's lights out. They should be getting +1 to Hit against other monsters though.

I agree completely - I commented in response to it showing 3+ hit / 4+ wound for monsters at the time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I suspect the conversation will be happening a lot. I'm still expecting a faction focus but probably a condensed one with the other stuff that is getting removed

Maybe the faction focus articles cover also in a minor way the Spearheads? That would kill 2 birds with 1 blow.

4 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

It's a relayed information, but originating from someone, who'd heard it from GW people at Wahrammer World: ALL existing Vanguard boxes will have Spearhead support, plus the already released Spearhead boxes. That means two Spearheads for Stormcast and Skaven each, and Beasts of Chaos as well.

people need to remember GW explicitly said BoC and Bones are getting a year of official support.. of course theyre gonna be in spearhead

It is likely that the Duardin were omitted from the chart as their Warscroll particulars relate to their slower movement and increased toughness.

I do really hope 2 health becomes standard for Duardin in 4th edition. I doubt that will happen as balancing K.O. seems about as difficult as balancing Tzeentch has been historically. 

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.59b52a0dfa9af1ab6679d4a364a0998b.png

Hell Yeah over 40k dudes. Not bad.

Over 40k only dudes. I guess plently of 40K players also have an interest in AoS. Almost 6000 votes, not bad. Looking at the results I assume it's not only GW players that voted.

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

It is likely that the Duardin were omitted from the chart as their Warscroll particulars relate to their slower movement and increased toughness.

I do really hope 2 health becomes standard for Duardin in 4th edition. I doubt that will happen as balancing K.O. seems about as difficult as balancing Tzeentch has been historically. 

All dwarfs should be 2 health. I don't see any other solution to differentiate between them and humans, elves and goblins. Even 3 health should be okay for the more elite dwarven units.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

people need to remember GW explicitly said BoC and Bones are getting a year of official support.. of course theyre gonna be in spearhead

Well no not Bonesplitterz why they be in that Spearhead book?

And at least between the old skaven or BoC boxset, one or both of them are also not in there if we are to believe the numbers are correct.

official support also seem a bit counter to how they down this historically which is more in line with Life support.

25 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah, probably. I’m gonna guess that dwarves are extra wound and slow humans, ogres are extra big and elite Orrucks, vampires are elite aelves/humans? Trees are probably aelves. Death units are probably humans but minus something or plus something.

No idea about demons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

For some reasons I think that Arkanauts should be 2 health 28 mm base models and Skyriggers should be 3 health models. 

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Yeah, probably. I’m gonna guess that dwarves are extra wound and slow humans, ogres are extra big and elite Orrucks, vampires are elite aelves/humans? Trees are probably aelves. Death units are probably humans but minus something or plus something.

No idea about demons.

Zombies and Skeletons are probably Grot -1/-1 and Human -1/0 respectively. Lots of bodies but die easily. Mortek Guard are probably Human +1/0, and Deathriders are Horse +1/0 to represent Elite status but I figure each Elite faction will see their own tweaks to reflect that they’re supposed to be superior fighters. 

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

I guess we'll come back to this conversation in about six week's time.

3 hours ago, Draznak said:

24 factions...

Does this mean that BoC is still around before it leaves for good ? Ironjawz splits with Kruelboyz ?

It's going to be a long month ahead...

I'll be genuinely shocked and more frustrated than I'd like to admit if GW releases a BoC box with circle bases for Spearhead. A PDF of the cards? Sure. The army is supposedly cut and in a "get-you-by" state. If they try to charge any money for any AoS Beasts content it'll be pretty scummy at this point. 

I don't think GW culling their ranges is reasonable, but I could absolutely see AoS 4.0 being the "cuts edition." Or, at least, it should be. Ten years into the life of a game is an insane time to be on the fence about which things "are" or "aren't" AoS models vs "Fantasy leftovers." Really 2.0 was the time for that, really anything that wasn't "an Age of Sigmar miniature" internally should not have been put into a single book that was sold on a shelf. 

GW really should have announced what was being cut for every army in AoS at this point. Even if Ogors are two years away, they already likely know internally whether or not Yhettis are making the cut. It is going to be an exhausting experience seeing each chunk of the community biting their nails ahead of their army books. If GW is planning on throwing out babies with bathwater, they really should just get around to doing so already. 

On the topic of rumors, I wonder how much "bad Fyerslayers" are going to be incorporated with this Chorf reboot. Fyerslayers already have quite a few models people rightfully pointed to as being "Order Chaos Dwarfs" like the priest when they released; are the two factions going to mirror each other? 

It'd be neat to see Chorfs as an evil mirror to both Duardin factions: fire, religion, animal taming from Fyerslayers and "using the magic of the realms in unexpected or unusual ways" from Kharadron. Being extremely religious about their demon-god and doing crazy things with Aether and magic should/could frustrate both Order Duardin factions in their own ways

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

GW has shown that they are company just for money, not for community good will. If it means they can sell a few more Yeti's, then forget about telling us before they drop them.

Edited by HCMistborn
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

GW has shown that they are company just for money, not for community good will. If it means they can sell a few more Yeti's, then forget about telling us before they drop them.

such a choice tbh. Just put out the get-you-by rules early and watch people panic-buy the entire stock. By the time the book drops without Yhettis, they'd have been out of production for more than a year and have already been in legends for awhile. 

I've never been one to pretend a shareholder-controlled corporation is my friend, but GW's business practices went from not great to honestly pretty bad. I don't think I could reasonably encourage someone to invest in a GW game. If they're so enthusiastic about the miniatures that they can stomach the price, I'd point them in a different direction for what to do with those models. I dig GW toys: they make some excellent miniatures! But the forced obsolescence of books is wild to me. There are so many great games out there that won't cut your entire army or subfaction out of the game at a whim at the very last minute because lowkey they were hoping you'd unknowingly help them clear inventory.

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

I haven't seen it anywhere but it seems like they haven't ported over the stupid rule of three to AOS 4th. That was a worry I had was the ugly stuff from 40k bleeding over. 

Most armies aren’t big enough so it be too much of a restriction to implement it in AoS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

All dwarfs should be 2 health. I don't see any other solution to differentiate between them and humans, elves and goblins. Even 3 health should be okay for the more elite dwarven units.

Problem is, then Stormcast across the board need another health point (as they probably should've been at 3W base anyway), but that didn't happen per the liberator warscroll :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizzaprez said:

I don't think GW culling their ranges is reasonable, but I could absolutely see AoS 4.0 being the "cuts edition." Or, at least, it should be. Ten years into the life of a game is an insane time to be on the fence about which things "are" or "aren't" AoS models vs "Fantasy leftovers." Really 2.0 was the time for that, really anything that wasn't "an Age of Sigmar miniature" internally should not have been put into a single book that was sold on a shelf. 

GW really should have announced what was being cut for every army in AoS at this point. Even if Ogors are two years away, they already likely know internally whether or not Yhettis are making the cut. It is going to be an exhausting experience seeing each chunk of the community biting their nails ahead of their army books. If GW is planning on throwing out babies with bathwater, they really should just get around to doing so already. 

As a concept, it is nice. In the real world, impossible. That would have sent various armies out of the game. Armies that weren't thought to disappear, they just needed more time.

12 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Problem is, then Stormcast across the board need another health point (as they probably should've been at 3W base anyway), but that didn't happen per the liberator warscroll :(

Tbf, Finest Hour saves buff & Heavens aid letting them insta-reforge a powerhouse unit would’ve made that Really nuts with 3 wounds on top of it all.

On duardin my guess is Fyreslayers would’ve had the same stats as Orruks(but more health) and Kharadron human stats(but advanced tech) so they skipped ‘em to avoid repeat statistics.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

More are indifferent though

I've been playing AoS since the first GHB and I'm deeply indifferent bout the upcoming edition. Over the course of 3rd my local gaming group went from about 20ish regular players to 0-2, and this new edition doesn't look like it's going to fix that. There are minor improvements sure, but all the pain points of the current edition are still there. It's a huge shame because this is the best time to be getting hyped and starting a new project, but there's just nothing in the rules they've previewed that has made me excited.

I've got 5 different AoS armies, probably about 20,000 points all told, but I just can't seem to want to get hobbying. I was planning on getting the darkoath box and Abraxia, but now I just look at the cost and think... eh. I've already got the old marauders built and painted, what's the point of getting the new sculpts? And even if I really like the Abraxia model I have no desire to pay that much extra for a unit of Varanguard I'll probably never use so I'll hold off on the FOMO box for now and, odds are, by the time she releases solo there may be no point in ever buying her. I don't know if it's the most recent rounds of squatting or the upcoming price hike, but honestly I'm so down with everything it's got me wondering if I'm just about done with the hobby entirely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2