The Rumour Thread

Just had a thought about the next updated range being COS. 

A bunch of the  current human cities range is old Empire models, (griffon, wizards, steamtank, Flagellants etc.) so to me with how GW hates you using a model from a different game system and the Empire getting its old models back and a Arcane journal atbsome point, its pointing to COS getting a 2nd wave. 

There's already a precedent with this with the lumineth wave 2, and COS are one of the most popular and well revived AOS factions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Clawlord mounted
Greyseer
Warlock
Moulder team
Clanrats
Stormvermin
Jezzail

Lord mounted
Mage
Lord Reclusian
Liberators
Reclusians
Prosecutors
The Big Boy <---Maybe?

I would add a 4th hero in the skaven side, either a buffer hero like the kruleboyz belcha banna or a classic rat hero on foot like the killaboss on foot. 

Who is the big boy? 🤔

13 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

A bunch of the  current human cities range is old Empire models, (griffon, wizards, steamtank, Flagellants etc.) so to me with how GW hates you using a model from a different game system and the Empire getting its old models back and a Arcane journal atbsome point, its pointing to COS getting a 2nd wave. 

There's already a precedent with this with the lumineth wave 2, and COS are one of the most popular and well revived AOS factions. 

I thought about it too, but it feels too rushed. Less than a year between two (supposedly) big releases.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I would add a 4th hero in the skaven side, either a buffer hero like the kruleboyz belcha banna or a classic rat hero on foot like the killaboss on foot. 

Who is the big boy? 🤔

The cover art I guess?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I thought about it too, but it feels too rushed. Less than a year between two (supposedly) big releases.

I could see CoS coming in Spring 2025. I wouldn't be surprised if GW aims for a Summer 2025 "cut-off" for ToW minis. With BoC also being "supported" in AoS till then. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Who is the big boy? 🤔

Moulder team *wink* *wink*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Oh it seem they're doing a remake of the old classic Gray seer model

image.png.90fda6e368e838ee7400c54b5271ef5f.png

Leave it to AoS to love it pre-6 edition call back

The End Times and AoS approach to remaking classic metal models is so great. Nagash got a huge glow-up too! Gives me a ton of hope that we might get a hero model or two that's a straight remake/update for Chorfs. The old bighat leaning on his axe has always been a GOAT warhammer model imo. Excited to see what's in the pipes (lol) for Skaven moving forward. Past updating their older stuff, I'm intrigued to see which new directions they expand in. The artists at GW are so good: I wish I knew their names.

1 hour ago, AquaRegis said:

I'm all but positive you're right. The Luminark and Hurricanum seem to be sticking in AoS, but all the other overlapping units probably have a timer on them. They might get replaced with equivalents, "equivalents," or something new or not at all but I don't see much overlap in Cities continuing after their newest tome. In a book or two it'll be completely rebooted into whatever they want it to be next.

2 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

THE BELL TOLLS FOR SIGMAR TONIGHT!!!!

ASK-QUESTION NOT FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS, BROTHER-THING! IT TOLLS FOR THEE, SIGMAR, AND THAT GREAT HORNED HOGAN IS GONNA CRUSH-DESTROY YOU TONIGHT AT SUPERSLAM! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

ASK-QUESTION NOT FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS, BROTHER-THING! IT TOLLS FOR THEE, SIGMAR, AND THAT GREAT HORNED HOGAN IS GONNA CRUSH-DESTROY YOU TONIGHT AT SUPERSLAM! 

HELL YEAH BROTHER *Begins playing guitar* I-I AM A REAL SKAVEN-SKAVEN MAN! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Loskelodd said:

I'm hoping the show talks reveals tuff other than the box contents but I doubt it.

Same but I'm expecting it to be around the box and other things released at the same time. I think they will make a big deal about the Generals Handbook being in the box, but it will be interesting if this is a separate release added to the box or part of the core rule book.

• Like 1

I know my focus should be on the Darkoath box that just showed up at my door but I am very excited to see some rats tonight - particularly of the Clan Skryre variety! 

Would also love a brief mention regarding DB6/Abraxia's eventual release date but I won't be surprised if the focus is only on 4th Edition launch/the boxset itself.