The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I honestly can't see the case for this. They already simplified the army specific dice, because of the margins and production costs. What would the bespoke D3 look like? Just generic? Then they won't match people's customised army dice. Make them for armies, just like D6? That's just economically not viable. And once you got them, you have the dice you need.

Just seems like they could sell a steady stream of them, especially to new players.

Timmy, "What's a D3?"

GW staffer, "Buy this!"

Maybe the markup isn't high enough on such a product, but there are a lot of D3rolls in GW games. I was thinking they could just be generic non custom dice, like the D6 they sell in a cube. 

34 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

In 40k space marine terms:

Lord Commander = Primarch

Lord Imperatant = Chapter Master

Lord Celestant (also Lord Aquilor and Lord Arcanum) = Captain. 

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Ionus with DB ascended to this status of shared across Stormhosts "heroes", which is a bit the role of all the 3. I just find the ranks of the Stormcasts too overthought. Rather than keeping them simple, they bloat them again and again. With 40k it is easier to understand because most of the roles are similar to the ones we have in our real-world armies. With Stormcast you can drive yourself crazy, especially considering some do the same or are the same with a different name just because it is from another chamber.

Actually it is, but it 's se same as SM maybe easier. It is not because the caracter is named or because he have a big mount that he is the ruler of all stormcasts. Ionus is still a lord relictor. Gavriel, gardus or vandus are all lord celestant. 

If you look at dark angels for example : 

asmodai is a chaplain (equivalent of lord relictor?)

ezekiel is an archivist (no equivalent?)

azrael is the chapter master (equivalent to lord ordinator)

the lion is the primarch (equivalent to prime commander)

I totally agree that there is too much heroes in ScE roaster, and if you compare to other armies there is a lot more named characters. But they are not stormhost heroes as some of them are not even in a single stormhost. The thing that drive people crazy to me is very simple : the lord/knight in every names and the -or at the end of every titles, very easy to mix up names.

EDIT : ionus is now an Arch Relictor (again a useless prefix I agree), but still a relictor, just above the lord relictors who are above knight relictors. 

I agree that if we decline all relictors/celestant/incantor etc with the arch/lord/knight we will have a 600 pages battletome. 

Edited by Vagard

2 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Just seems like they could sell a steady stream of them, especially to new players.

Timmy, "What's a D3?"

GW staffer, "Buy this!"

Maybe the markup isn't high enough on such a product, but there are a lot of D3rolls in GW games. I was thinking they could just be generic non custom dice, like the D6 they sell in a cube. 

I own several D3’s because they came with Warlord Games ‘Gates of Antares’. After the initial novelty wore off, they’ve lived in my dice tub unused. It’s simply far easier to roll one of your many, many d6s and halve the result then to bother taking additional special dice.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

In 40k space marine terms:

Lord Commander = Primarch

Lord Imperatant = Chapter Master

Lord Celestant (also Lord Aquilor and Lord Arcanum) = Captain. 

Lord commanders are more Chapter masters then primarchs

The inner circle which yndrast, prime and the dragon princes have full authority over all stormhost has is more in line with the primarch position

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Hastings was the one who reported first that Bretonnia and Tomb kings kits were back in production in june 2022 for the ToW launch.

Just wanted to say that while much of what you say may be true but  Hastings is not a reliable source. He was completely wrong about the contents of the launch boxes and also wrong about the orc and goblins release. I'm pretty sure he's a fake. GW started talking about Bretonnia in 2020. It was pretty obvious they'd lean on nostalgia for the cut factions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Yeah, probably. The weird thing is that Counter-Charge doesn't have the Charge keyword.

New command cards getting obsolete even before the release of the new edition.

Edited by Someravella
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Verminentious said:

Seeing how this is a rumour channel I guess I should add that there is a rumour of a Blood Knight focused Vampire Counts army, not unreasonable to think if any of the other legacy factions have changed. I.e. Dark Elves.

If TOW keeps doing well Vampires will come, but I expect it will be more when AoS enters 5th edition. They have still 5 arcane journals to release and probably 1-2 campaign books that's focussed on the core factions. But imo everything from halflings, kislev and legacy factions is on the table. "If" TOW sells well ofcourse. Remember that they said the "the scope of the project has changed". 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

If TOW keeps doing well Vampires will come, but I expect it will be more when AoS enters 5th edition. They have still 5 arcane journals to release and probably 1-2 campaign books that's focussed on the core factions. But imo everything from halflings, kislev and legacy factions is on the table. "If" TOW sells well ofcourse. Remember that they said the "the scope of the project has changed". 😃

Yeah, that seems realistic to me. I think we need to recognize that the TOW factions are set for the time being. For Vampires Counts or any other Legends faction to be made Core, new planning decisions would need to be made. I would not expect that to happen before TOW 2nd, more likely 3rd edition.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Someravella said:

New command cards getting obsolete even before the release of the new edition.

There is a theory (at least in my head) that Abilities will not ban persé the use of other Abilities. So, the Ability that let your units run, will not say anything that you can't use abilities that let you shoot or charge.

Instead, the Keywords are going to be the ones that will ban other abilities.

If you want to use any Ability with the SHOOT keyword, you can only use it if your unit didn't use any ability with the RUN keyword previously in the same turn.

If that's the case, I think it's fine because it will be easier to follow, just look in to the keywords to see if you can do it or not.

Your units are going to (Redeploy - RUN) and follow up with a (Counter-Charge-No keyword), but not (Redeploy - RUN) and (Covering-Fire - SHOOT).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, that seems realistic to me. I think we need to recognize that the TOW factions are set for the time being. For Vampires Counts or any other Legends faction to be made Core, new planning decisions would need to be made. I would not expect that to happen before TOW 2nd, more likely 3rd edition.

GW already said multiple times that it will take time to release everything for the core factions, but you know how players are : always taking their fantasies for reality, until it becomes it. :P

3 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

a lot of great models under his belt (Troggs, Morbheg, etc.)

Rockguts?

I had my suspicions about morbheg being done by same artist. Overall fantastic models but the "wings" drive my nuts!! From an anatomical point those things ain't flying. 

I asked once before but forgot the answer. Who sculpted the kruleboyz range?

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

But we don't know what is going to happen with Embergard or Verdigris! I think we would get some surprises in the book.

We know one city will fall and the other will prosper. We also know that the city in the trailer for AoS4 is Embergard, shown to be a quite built up metropolis so presumably the trailer is set years after the events of Dawnbringers.

I have a suspicion the Dawnbringer books were hit with massive delays and the trailer was supposed to land after Book 6 was already on people's shelves as to not spoil the entire crux of the narrative.

Then again, we also had the Aqshy crusade headed by Tahlia Vedra and Pontifex Zenestra, prominent named characters with models, while the Ghyran crusade was led by generic stock characters. From the very start, this wasn't exactly an impenetrable suspenseful mystery.

Edited by Mortal Wound

26 minutes ago, Beliman said:

There is a theory (at least in my head) that Abilities will not ban persé the use of other Abilities. So, the Ability that let your units run, will not say anything that you can't use abilities that let you shoot or charge.

Instead, the Keywords are going to be the ones that will ban other abilities.

If you want to use any Ability with the SHOOT keyword, you can only use it if your unit didn't use any ability with the RUN keyword previously in the same turn.

If that's the case, I think it's fine because it will be easier to follow, just look in to the keywords to see if you can do it or not.

Your units are going to (Redeploy - RUN) and follow up with a (Counter-Charge-No keyword), but not (Redeploy - RUN) and (Covering-Fire - SHOOT).

Which is honestly great because it removes the need to spell out all the edge cases all the time. Also, by default, that kind of system errs on the side of being permissive: If your unit has "run and shoot", it can by default also use Redeploy with Covering Fire. The last few editions were a bit too "no fun allowed" at time, because the rules made it harder to separate intended and unintended combos. This should be much easier to do now.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I had my suspicions about morbheg being done by same artist. Overall fantastic models but the "wings" drive my nuts!! From an anatomical point those things ain't flying.

Canonically the Nightshriekers wings cannot let them fly, they just jump hella high. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Timmy, "What's a D3?"

GW staffer, "Buy this!"

I would say that that's insanely predatory and no way they'd ever do that, but that's nothing new for GW store staffers unfortunately 

26 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

GW already said multiple times that it will take time to release everything for the core factions, but you know how players are : always taking their fantasies for reality, until it becomes it. :P

You mean that Kurnothi are confirmed?!?!

/s

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

We know one city will fall and the other will prosper. We also know that the city in the trailer for AoS4 is Embergard, shown to be a quite built up metropolis so presumably the trailer is set years after the events of Dawnbringers.

I have a suspicion the Dawnbringer books were hit with massive delays and the trailer was supposed to land after Book 6 was already on people's shelves as to not spoil the entire crux of the narrative.

Then again, we also had the Aqshy crusade headed by Tahlia Vedra and Pontifex Zenestra, prominent named characters with models, while the Ghyran crusade was led by generic stock characters. From the very start, this wasn't exactly an impenetrable suspenseful mystery.

I am not so sure about Embergard being the one from the trailer, as it is close to the sea and Embergard is not that close to the sea. Also, it is true that it was always said one city would fall, but what if they are talking about Phoenicium instead? It wouldn't be that crazy to add a plot twist in that way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Rockguts?

I asked once before but forgot the answer. Who sculpted the kruleboyz range?

I had a quick look but could find anything, only a few of the designers have active social media presences and showcase their stuff unfortunately. Your best bet would probably be a white dwarf from like 3 years back if no one here knows off the top of their head 

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not so sure about Embergard being the one from the trailer, as it is close to the sea and Embergard is not that close to the sea. Also, it is true that it was always said one city would fall, but what if they are talking about Phoenicium instead? It wouldn't be that crazy to add a plot twist in that way.

I'm sure there will be some new things upcoming in DB6. Even if nothing super unexpected happens, it'll still be great to read everything in detail and complete the Dawnbringers collection. I'll have the full Broken Realms and Dawnbringers series hopefully, and they look cool on a shelf 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'm sure there will be some new things upcoming in DB6. Even if nothing super unexpected happens, it'll still be great to read everything in detail and complete the Dawnbringers collection. I'll have the full Broken Realms and Dawnbringers series hopefully, and they look cool on a shelf 😎

Oh, yeah. I would buy it even if there's nothing new purely for completionism. I agree the trailer city has the Embergard logo, but before DB 5 it was a random city icon from the transfers sheet, so I think DB 6 will surprise us.

• Like 1