The Rumour Thread

Just now, Ejecutor said:

This could be a silly question, I was hoping to get it clarified in the posts at some point, but what is USR standing for? The results I get from Google don't make too much sense.

Universal Special Rules

edit - no question is silly by the way if you don’t know the answer 😉

Edited by Gaz Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I bet the keyword is just "Anti", so it can be "Anti-<keyword>". Like Kragnos might get Anti Dragon thrown in or whatever.
There's only 7 weapon USRs, but making those USRs modular feels like stretching that fact a bit.
We probably have a USR for critical wound as well.

Ah yeah that makes more sense, so there's:

Anti[keyword]

Crit

Charge

Companion

I think the remaining 3 could be

Critical wound (name is long though so I'm not sure, I feel like crit would be crit hit instead maybe)

Some equivalent to blast (bonus attack for each 5 models in the enemy unit)

Indirect fire? Ignore cover?

This is just going off of the 40k USRs though so who knows

Edit:another trigger could be stationary perhaps, could replace the hasty shot and aimed shot for boltboyz or similar abilities 

Edited by Luperci

3 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Ah yeah that makes more sense, so there's:

Anti[keyword]

Crit

Charge

Companion

I think the remaining 3 could be

Critical wound (name is long though so I'm not sure, I feel like crit would be crit hit instead maybe)

Some equivalent to blast (bonus attack for each 5 models in the enemy unit)

Indirect fire? Ignore cover?

This is just going off of the 40k USRs though so who knows

I bet it won't be called critical wound, although calling it something like "Deadly" or  "Grievous" or something could work.

• Like 1

After reading a second time this article, it seems that we are going to play in an activation wars (pseudo-Alternative Activations), at least one time in each phase (if we have enough CPs).

Some random thoughts: If everything is an ability (appart from 4 Reactions), that means that the enemy will be able to shoot and then I can use a Covering Fire ability (btw, no condition to activate, only which unit you can shoot). WRONG, all Commands are made after the opponent finishes all their abilities:

There are six new or revamped commands, which are used at the end of their respective phases once the active player has finished all their actions 

Btw, in the movement phase, Redeploy (again, no condition to who can use that ability) has Run and Move keywords, so that unit probably will not be able to "shoot" after Run in the same turn (no Covering Fire in that case). But it seems that this unit will still be able to Counter-Charge (no Charge keyword on the Command).

If that's the case, I must say that GW has learned how to make a proper use of Keywords, and even if the game has a easy and streamlined rules, it will be really hard to master.

I can't wait to see more. Really excited to see what all of this means for my ships

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

Just now, Beliman said:

After reading a second time this article, it seems that we are going to play in an activation wars (pseudo-Alternative Activations), at least one time in each phase (if we have enough CPs).

Some random thoughts: If everything is an ability (appart from 4 Reactions), that means that the enemy will be able to shoot and then I can use a Covering Fire ability (btw, no condition to activate, only which unit you can shoot).

Same in the movement phase with Redeploy (again, no condition to who can use that ability) but it had Run and Move keywords, so that unit probably will not be able to "shoot" after Run in the same turn (no Covering Fire in that case). But it seems that this unit will still be able to Counter-Charge (no Charge keyword on the Command).

If that's the case, I must say that GW has learned how to make a proper use of Keywords, and even if the game has a easy and streamlined rules, it will be really hard to master.

I can't wait to see more. Really excited to see what all of this means for my ships

It seems to me like often the choice on what to spend your 4 CP on will be relatively obvious as to what's the best command, depending on faction. For kharadron for example, you'll be using your CP on firing your big ships during enemy shooting phases and repositioning them advantageously most turns. Ironjawz on the other hand will take their biggest thing and counter charge it into weaker enemy units every turn where possible.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Koala said:

But i find them a major PITA and only good for gotcha/npe moments.

I'm sorry to disagree, but I really don't understand how ten abilities that everyone can use and is able to quickly memorise, is supposed to create gotcha/npe moments. Especially, when the alternative is a system we have now, when you would need to be familiar with every battletome to have the same level of understanding your potential opponent's options.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Can we take the discussion about GW and their business practises to another topic now please.

Yes hahaha, I am sorry xD! Back to the rumours!

Did someone notice, that the release month is written on the warscroll of the Stormcast already?

It is stated for July 2024

Edited by Son Of Morghur

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

It seems to me like often the choice on what to spend your 4 CP on will be relatively obvious as to what's the best command, depending on faction. For kharadron for example, you'll be using your CP on firing your big ships during enemy shooting phases and repositioning them advantageously most turns. Ironjawz on the other hand will take their biggest thing and counter charge it into weaker enemy units every turn where possible.

Yes, for most factions the command options will probably used as you suggest and i.e with BoK you will probably reserve two for counter charge and the other two will mostly be used on all out attack / all out defence as with 3.0.

4 hours ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

Like the new commands overall, but can not say that CP seem to be so much rarer as they claim in some factions in 4th edition compared to 3d.

There are currently a lot of armies in the game, which do have access to additional CP generation, directly or indirectly. Sometimes it might be a roll of 5+. Sometimes you might be able to steal a CP when your opponent tries to spend it. Sometimes you can issue a command without spending a CP. Only because SOME armies don't have those tricks, doesn't man the game in general isn't full of them.

So yeah, if it's 4 CP per round and all the other shenanigans gone, then yes, they will be much rare than they are currently.

5 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

Yes hahaha, I am sorry xD! Back to the rumours!

Did someone notice, that the release month is written on the warscroll of the Stormcast already?

It is stated for July 2024

According to rumours, the box would be announced for preorders on June 22nd, so it makes sense.

As one of the loudest haters of AoS 3.0 rules and a fan of simple rules, I think that this new take on „adding depth to the game“ sounds like a pretty ingenious solution. Quite happy to see that they really put lots of thought into it and gave us more action without having monster rampages and whatnot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Its better than current Rally yes, but I wouldn't miss rally if it was gone entirely.

I think what they're saying in the article is that it replaces both current Rally and Heroic recovery from the heroic actions. A universal action to use on your unit or a hero. I think it's a good move.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also about this bit. GW PART of the hobby. It is not the only thing played out there. There are other games where you can use the same minis.

The counter to that, however, is I don’t want to play other games. I want to play AoS and I want to collect and paint Bonesplitterz models to do it. Something that now has a time limit. Yeah digital battletome and then legends lets me play for hopefully at least an edition or two, but I won’t be able to buy the models without trawling second hand sites.

11 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Based on my past luck with 40K etc, I can almost guarantee I’ll find out the army I want to collect will end up being auxilaries. 

I mean, I’m not even certain I’ll ever need that many command points truth be told.

its possible that that extra command point might not be worth that much as soamming the same unit over and over again with auxiliary 😂

3 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I think what they're saying in the article is that it replaces both current Rally and Heroic recovery from the heroic actions. A universal action to use on your unit or a hero. I think it's a good move.

Oh, that does sound quit interesting.

I’d actually like that over our current heroic recovery.

nothing against it but it can be quit disheartening, when you try and use it on a bravery 5 hero.

25 minutes ago, Luperci said:

For kharadron for example, you'll be using your CP on firing your big ships during enemy shooting phases and repositioning them advantageously most turns.

Maybe. As we have seen with the chariot, there are Warscroll Abilities that buff Command Abilities, so maybe we are going to see some juicy interactions there.

Pretty sure that Undead will have some unique Reactions or Warscroll Abilities that buff Rally.

5 minutes ago, Dukeus said:

On the Chariot warscroll: Roll a D3. on a 2+ ...

So a 3+ on a normal dice. I Hope that is an Error. We never Had a D3 except for damage before. Makes so Sense at confuses players

That is wierd, I think it must be an error, I assume that the writer just put the D3 in both the damage and activation roll by accident

7 minutes ago, Dukeus said:

On the Chariot warscroll: Roll a D3. on a 2+ ...

So a 3+ on a normal dice. I Hope that is an Error. We never Had a D3 except for damage before. Makes so Sense at confuses players

I don't think it's an error. It's a way to cut down on rolling dice for the sake of rolling. Instead of having to roll a 3+ and then roll D3 mortals, you do it all in a single die roll. It also makes it so you'll never only do 1 Mortal. It's a clever streamlining of what we're used to.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Son Of Morghur said:

Woaow, I suggest that everyone who agrees with GW absurd decision, reshuffles at least 1/4 of their army, puts all this in the cellar, and then rebuys and repaints the very same amount every second edition then!

What a weird suggestion. I have a decent collection of Sacrosanct models and have absolutely no intention of putting them in the cellar. My intention is to keep putting them on the table, since no part of the GW 'absurd' decision is forcing me to give up any of the plastic I owe. 

Also, since I already have a multitude of Liberators, for example, there is absolutely no need for me to buy any of the new ones.

I'm sorry, but what you're listing above it's just a rambling rant, without any bearing in reality. At this point no one needs to get rid of a single model and no new purchase is necessary for any other reason than collecting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

That is wierd, I think it must be an error, I assume that the writer just put the D3 in both the damage and activation roll by accident

It's not an error. It's a means to reduce the amount of dice rolls by consolidating the ability activation check and the random effect into one roll. For that ability, you roll one d3. On a 1 nothing happens, on a 2 you do 2 Mortals, on a 3 you do 3 Mortals.

It will take a bit of getting used to but it's a great example of smart streamlining. Genuinely quite impressive bit of game design.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1