The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Xil said:

For my armies I collect them too for the most part. Good troop leaders or heroe alternatives.

Yeah, I buy them all purely for collection completionism, but I am sure they get a decent chunk of AoS player's sales if the rules are decent.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, I buy them all purely for collection completionism, but I am sure they get a decent chunk of AoS player's sales if the rules are decent.

My group, fairly competitive AoS players, uses some selected Warcry/Underworld units from time to time.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

For me they key would be if they allow the minis to be used in AoS or they don't anymore. I think it is a game sustained by AoS collectors/ players.

I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's actually painters that sustain it. As for it's popularity, I've been trying to find a box of Skittershank's clawpack or a rivals of Nethermaze box but I can't find either anywhere. Old warbands in general are extremely difficult to get hold of, so they must have sold pretty well. 

One of the earlier boxes said over 200,000 copies sold which was presumably all the core boxes added together, but it's still the only time I've ever seen a GW product brag about sales numbers. 

• Like 2

In my opinion Paladins are gone because 1/Annihilators have already taken their niche of "SCE infantry in the heaviest armour ever" and 2/ Grey Knights also have Paladins that were there before the SCE ones, maybe GW wants to avoid the confusion of "Paladins ? You mean the 40k or AoS ones ?".

Also it's not a very trademarkable name.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

If GW would really discontinue Underworlds it would be another heavy strike for their credibility.

I don't see how. I suppose it would depend on how they did it, but I think it would be perfectly reasonable for the Design Studio to want to explore new space. I don't like the idea that nothing can ever change, or because GW releases a product or game it needs to be "supported" forever. I can only imagine how stifling that would be for a group of creative people. I have no doubt that there are dozens of ideas for new games, systems and concepts set within Warhammer settings swirling around the design studio. I think it would be a shame if GW never explored any of them outside what they already have. 

• Like 14

Underworlds is interesting as it fits more in the boxed boardgame space than the lifetime wargame space. It might be more popular under the non-wargaming crowds than others. As such, stopping producing it wouldn't be that weird as its mostly a "complete" line. 

On the other hand, the rerelease of some old warbands with new cards recently is interesting. I doubt that action would have been taken if there are sunsetting plans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Garrac said:

Rogue Hobbies (former GW worker that seems to have left because she had problemas at the enterprise) told its an inner source, but no one knows who it is, and its not planified in any way by Warcom.

These kind of things make you wonder how GW treats it's employees. She said that she didn't wanted to talk about it until other people came out as well.

It makes me worry about the respect of some staff towards the female percentage (and other gendered people) of GW and the team. Warhammer and Wargaming being a very male-dominated scene and hobby, I hope that it has nothing to do with any form of harassement. This and all the #metoo shouts do leave a bitter taste in my mouth tho and make me worried about the state of GW itself. I would not want any horrible happenings like they have been unveiled in the gaming industry (Blizzard and Ubisoft as an example) to happen at GW too, but I would probably not be surprised if those would surface.

Let these stories be a reminder to be welcoming towards everyone at events, tournaments or in the stores. I am really happy to see a growing diversity of people at events and also that the design of the models are getting better and better too - be it to include more (and also normal and diverse modelled) women (and men) and the other really problematic aspects that were ingrained in some miniatures (also makes me hope that GW maybe doesn't have any shady stories, but again, miniatures do not equal the company as a whole...)!

Edited by Son Of Morghur
typo
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

plausible rumours stolen from other people (VC are the 1st legacy army to come back to TOW once they finish the rerelease of the 9 core factions

I wouldn't call that plausible. Like what they decide realse VC when AOS has updated Blood knights, skeletons, dire wolves, wight on black steed, vampire lord, fellbats, the black coach, zombies, in a way crypt ghouls and has tomb banshees, Carin wriath and other spread around the Death allaince. That rumor about them come back which this 4chan leak is just reiterating is pure wishlist less whitefang want to prove me wrong

Their more likely put dark elves or kislev then do vampire count.  Doing Vc when that causes the same issue plaguing the two games while also TOW haven't even finshi their core race

Edited by Dragon-knight77

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

And "Chorfs not happening because they look too antisemitic" no. First, Whitefang said Chorfs were in the pipeline and he's infinitely more reliable than some anonymous 4chan rando. Second, people are intelligent enough to know the difference between something inspired by ancient Babylonians and actual modern day Jewish people. 

And third, they already redesigned them aesthetically away from hats, beards and big noses with Legion of Azgorh.

And fourth, GW is demonstrably not that culturally sensitive. They have an entire faction of devil-worshipping hedonists that's near-East oriental coded. They released evil Asian mysticism vampires last year. They have an entire civilization of sadistic slavers and body horror serial killers in 40k that are always given thick Eastern European accents in audiobooks. I could go on, but bottom line is a bunch of short guys with beards ain't giving anyone pause. For crying out loud, they already have an entire civilization of bearded misers in AoS.

This is the roleplayer sprinking in some culture war bullcrap for good measure because they know their target audience of 4chaners will eat that up.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

15 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

And fourth, GW is demonstrably not that culturally sensitive. They have an entire faction of devil-worshipping hedonists that's near-East oriental coded. They released evil Asian mysticism vampires

I think you should chill out about the whole "they use this cultural aesthetic for the bad guy" it cultrually inseative. Like what villains are only allow to be unrealistic dumb or anglo saxon inspired to not be inseative? Like Gw can be culturally inseative  not denying that but there a diffrence between Pygmies and ninja vampire 

Askurgan aren't that evil they whole deal is attempting to go sober on blood

15 minutes ago, Mortal Wound said:

For crying out loud, they already have an entire civilization of bearded misers in AoS.

Ok that just your delusion of trying to jam stereotypes with the dwarfs

Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah GW released an entire range of middle eastern/specifically Persian inspired models based around them being hedonistic pleasure seeking degenerates and no-one cared despite western literature having a long history of portraying that area of the world in such terms. 

Babylonian Dwarfs (a dead culture it must be noted) aren't going to upset anyone.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

If GW would really discontinue Underworlds it would be another heavy strike for their credibility.

i dont think GW will discontinue games like on the old days of the past. Most probably, they'll just gradually stop making new teams until the game is silently retired and hope no one notices.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

If anything, the last sentence tells me it's fake: it's been a popular theory for a while that GW would leak stuff themselves but it just ruins their communication/marketing, so I don't believe it.

And I trust Whitefang more than an anonymous with educated guesses.

16 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, I looked closely at the rats' hands:

image.png.c15373f0ce19badea40feab9c010cd1d.png image.png.3dab9f711edecdf52350d731be3965d7.png image.png.b5d93f163b14f29aece26338d5717623.png image.png.76215515e466b44e40407d09ae839f93.png

This one could easily be Skaven. Well, it is almost certainly Skaven for me.

3wqplOyJYjeY1ITT.png

But the two poisoner ones seem won't be for Skaven:

Zj4fScO3QYXzdwbY.pngGXhTk72hzQYS2V2D.png

I forgot about this post when I was catching up.
I meant to say it's got the wrong amount of digits for a Skaven, but the right armount of digits for a regular humanoid plagubearer/daemon of Nurgle (and the nails to match).

Whereas the two (three) alchemist arms have no nails/claws and five digits, some gaunt detailing and elongated limbs/features like Nighthaunt do.

My money is still firmly on a human size nurgle daemon for the bookworm and nighthaunt for the Jessie and Walter wannabes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I think you should chill out about the whole "they use this cultural aesthetic for the bad guy" it cultrually inseative. Like what villains are only allow to be unrealistic dumb or anglo saxon inspired to not be inseative? Like Gw can be culturally inseative  not denying that but there a diffrence between Pygmies and ninja vampire 

Askurgan aren't that evil they whole deal is attempting to go sober on blood

Ok that just your delusion of trying to jam stereotypes with the dwarfs

Listen, there seems to be a bit of a miscommunication here. I'm personally not offended in the slightest by anything I have pointed out. Trust me, I'm the last person you know that would pearl clutch about this sort of thing. Only thing I am doing is observing that if anyone really wants to dig in and look for this sort of stuff to be offended by, it's already there. So it's not the sort of thing what would give geedub pause with Chaos Dwarfs. They demonstrably aren't walking on eggshells with this kind of thing.

I know this sort of nuance is getting increasingly hard to parse on the internet but someone mentioning a thing doesn't necessarily mean said person is looking for a fight and ready to die on a hill for said thing. Sometimes it's just people having a conversation and making observations.

I hope this clears it up for you and others because I really don't appreciate the tone of being told to 'chill out' with my 'delusions'. Heck, that wouldn't be an acceptable way to address another person even if we _were_ having a genuine argument here.

Edited by Mortal Wound
  • Like 9

+++ Mod Hat On +++

+++ Big Letters On +++

As mentioned previously - I'm very sure that GW are not trying to be culturally insensitive with their products. 

Can we stop this discussion right now and get back to talking about Warhammer, new Age of Sigmar and how cool the new Skaven stuff looks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1