The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

>All Resin is being phased out by 2025 due to tax reasons

Wouldn't that require the discontinuing of The Old World, Necromunda and Blood Bowl? If they were really planning that they wouldn't make a new Resin Ungrim Ironfist. 

And 30k.

Seems fake, Although warcry becoming a mix of Mordeim, middle earth and kill team sounds cool. But seems a lot of nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

You can tell it's someone's fan fiction because they claim leaks and rumours are carefully-managed PR, which is abject nonsense.

Yeap. Rogue Hobbies (former GW worker that seems to have left because she had problemas at the enterprise) told its an inner source, but no one knows who it is, and its not planified in any way by Warcom. She speculated with the leaker being a higuer up or someone who desperately needs a raise

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

Mmmh, exquisite new rat-things, yes-yes! 

Fantastic models. I was among the "clan rats don't need to be redone" crowd, but I'm still happy about how these fellows turned out. 

That being said, I'm still gonna buy one box or two of the actual ones, because they will blend well with the new one, and are probably way cheaper. They will help fill the rank and will always add some visual diversity. 

That's all completely fake. The Brettonian launch box sold out instantly worldwide while the Tomb Kings one hung around gor a while in America. They're in the process of bringing back a whole bunch of resin minis for the old world. The amount of resin GW makes is going up not down. 

Chaos Daurdin were confirmed by both the Whitefangs who both have proven track records.  

I'm sure people who write something like this job get a kick out of seeing how far it can spread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Suposed new leaks. 

20240409_080944.jpg

I also don’t believe the Fyreslayers going away bit (even with BoC biting the dust). FS were one of the harbingers for the dawnbringers narrative which I’m fairly sure means they’ll see a significant expansion of sorts. 

8 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

I can sort of see where the people wanting a more over-the-top/craz/extravagant/AoS-ified style Clanrat are coming from. A couple of years ago, I would have said the same thing. If Seraphon ever were to get a refresh, I figured they'd be clad in full aztech scale armor and shooting lasers out of every ******. The first or so edition of the game kind of seemed like it was going for a the-crazier-the-better style.

I feel that changed with the release of 3rd edition - and the Soulblight Gravelords preceding it. The lore's still plenty crazy, don't get me wrong, but it does feel like GW has decided to lower the baseline a little. New Saurus still look mostly like the old, except for some fancier shields. Kruleboyz, Deathrattle, Nighthaunt, and now Clanrats all look dirty and grounded. Same with Steelhelms.

I'll admit it took me a while to "come to terms with" - I say, as if knowing the future. Kharadron Overlords was the first army that peaked my interest in the game, an army that made me go "now there's something you wouldn't have seen in WHFB." I figured every army would be like that. Subversive, tropebending, over-the-top.

GW are trying to strike a balance between pushing the envelope and catering to the old. On top of that is of course the very real argument that the basic foot soldier of an army should be a mostly blank canvas that can be expanded on. I remember an old Voxcast where Jes Goodwin talked about scaling back the average Primaris Intercessor, because they needed to "save some" for the lieutenants, captains, and so on.

Arguably, this is even more true with Skaven, a race of dirty ratmen where the chasm between the leaders and the grunts (aka everyone else) is much wider than, say, Stormcast. And even Stormcast have sort of been scaled back, just compare the practically frugal use of Sigmar-y iconography on the new Liberator vs. the old. 

Having said that, I would love to see some kind of 1-in-5 weapon for the Clanrats. Something to push them a bit more toward the extreme. Like a stick of dynamite that blows the bearer up or an unwieldy weapon that is as likely to kill other Skaven as it is enemies.

Yes, exactly.

AoS at some point was about breaking clichés. Dwarfs (KO) being one of the most mobile armies, Elves (Alarith build, LRL) being very tough and heavy, Skeletons (OBR) as an elite army with tough troops or some craziness in form of blind elves supporting other elves riding flying fish. That is something that wouldn't fit WFB or LOTR.

Then GW decided to tune things down. Soulblight aside from unit or two could easily fit most fantasy settings. Seraphon look just as an improved version of old sculpts. With clan rats it's the same.

I kind of wanted to see more original stuff rather than yet another sturdy dwarfs, swift elves and stupid orks.

Maybe more crazy stuff will come with firearms side of the Skaven.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Yes, exactly.

AoS at some point was about breaking clichés. Dwarfs (KO) being one of the most mobile armies, Elves (Alarith build, LRL) being very tough and heavy, Skeletons (OBR) as an elite army with tough troops or some craziness in form of blind elves supporting other elves riding flying fish. That is something that wouldn't fit WFB or LOTR.

Then GW decided to tube things down. Soulblight aside from unit or two could easily fit most fantasy settings. Seraphon look just as an improved version of old sculpts. With clan rats it's the same.

I kind of wanted to see more original stuff rather than yet another sturdy dwarfs, swift elves and stupid orks.

Maybe more crazy stuff will come with firearms side of the Skaven.

I don't agree with you. IMO all the AoS armies could fit WHFB without problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

As our oracle said once... "lol, lmao"

This rumour only makes me want to just buy a new Horns of Hashut warband waiting for Chorfs.

They didn't know that LoTR rights are going to another company (Embracer, owners of Asmodee and licensed miniature games like Marvel Crisis Protocol or SW Legion) and the renewal of rights are blurry right now, that's the real reason of GW losing the interest to invest on that game.

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Also, have to say, this is the first time I start reading rumours about skavens in warcry. I know, just 4chan, but its nice to start seeing the river flow.

The rumours are a big bunch of whislisting and bull... but a CoS vs Skaven box would be awesome!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

"Hey, bro!! What brings you to the Warhammer shop today? What are you working on, gosh that's interesting, have you seen this....." 

I feel like im in a Warhammer store... What is this foul digital magic...

i really hope those rumours be 100% fake, because the part where gw expect we change armys every 5 years...... i would drop warhammer 100% and would try to sell all my armys while they wasnt killed.

GW shoouldnt ever delete a miniature, unless we get a new game like fantasy to aos, or to renew them for new sculps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Absolutely. All of my AoS games take place in the Old World because I deeply dislike the AoS lore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah I agree with that I think, it's more the fanbase that a lot of it wouldn't have gone down well with from what I gather. I am glad the mortal realms exist, much more interesting imo than fantasy earth 

• Like 2