The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yeah they are great. I've always wanted a Skaven army since reading the 4th edition Skaven army book and attempted it around 6th or 7th edition and cried a lot from painting slaves. I think I'm ready to attempt it again :D 

Do it! Yes-yes!

That flag might be a little tone deaf considering the times we're currently living in. But I don't think they purposefully decided to reference ******. Black, red, and white have been Skaven primary colors since old Fantasy.

• Like 2

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

here's hoping the suits finally realized you can shift more product by keeping it affordable...

I noticed two prices decreased recently on the Aos Armyboxes and now this battleforces dropping 10€.

S2D -> 155€
Seraphon -> 170€
CoS -> 155€
FEC -> 155€

By more AoSification I mean more crazy models like Warlock Bombardier, Stormfiends, Hell Pit Abomination or Thanquol. They clearly stand out. But in the rumour there were some unit names that promise a bit of madness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

By more AoSification I mean more crazy models like Warlock Bombardier, Stormfiends, Hell Pit Abomination or Thanquol. They clearly stand out. But in the rumour there were some unit names that promise a bit of madness.

Only one of those is from AoS

22 minutes ago, Mutton said:

That flag might be a little tone deaf considering the times we're currently living in. But I don't think they purposefully decided to reference ******. Black, red, and white have been Skaven primary colors since old Fantasy.

SBGL too. There's no imagery which connect it to a certain kind of abhorrent ideology. They're classic 'bad guy' colours.

9 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Only one of those is from AoS

Yes, but they can make more models in that design language to make the faction fit AoS even better. The exo suit mech rats sound amazing

Edited by Snarff
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Thinking about AoSification, I think there's one thing that we've missed. The fact that the clan now seems to be composed of the classic clan rats, Eshin and Pestilens. This one could be easily one from Pestilens and the other one from Eshin.

yes, these new Clanrats are very explicitly made up of a bunch of (major) clans. which is my favorite detail about them!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Too ordinary. Probably that's the intention but they lack "AoSification" for me. Maybe clan specific models will be more original.

I am with you : too plain !

I was expecting some AoS restyle such the new ardboyz.

Let's wait for stormvermin and skryre units but I think they sticked with legacy fantasy models.

AoSsification not completed ! :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The colours alone wouldn't make me think of that, thank god they didn't use this skaven rune in center on that flag though. I'm willing to give GW the benefit of the doubt but stuff like naming a character "Heinrich Kemmler" doesn't inspire a huge amount of faith I'll say. (I get that they're the bad guys but it's still pretty tone deaf if intentional imo)

Screenshot_20240408-182133.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I noticed two prices decreased recently on the Aos Armyboxes and now this battleforces dropping 10€.

S2D -> 155€
Seraphon -> 170€
CoS -> 155€
FEC -> 155€

when you say army boxes do you mean the FOMO releases? If they're calling the new ork box a battleforce it's interesting it's coming  before Christmas! hopefully more discount boxes in the future then

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

when you say army boxes do you mean the FOMO releases? If they're calling the new ork box a battleforce it's interesting it's coming  before Christmas! hopefully more discount boxes in the future then

It's just the way they're releasing the single character kits that come with the new codex, CSM got 2 battleforces shown off, one for the foot lord and one for the jump pack lord, the rest is all old kits

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

there are huge notes of pestilens, Eshin, and Verminous(?)/the martial clan on the designs?

which means you have the opportunity to mix and match to make clan-specific units it seems

There’s not really. There are minor details that hint at the clans (a hood, a crest and some pustules), all of which were present in the previous kit. 

• Like 2

Just now, Still-young said:

There’s not really. There are minor details that hint at the clans (a hood, a crest and some pustules), all of which were present in the previous kit. 

i wouldn't really consider "pustules over most of the exposed skin" to be a minor detail though? and if these were present in the previous kit, then it's even more of a reason to believe these details are signaling a mishmash of clans at the bottom rung of skaven soldiers?

i'm confused as to how others don't see this tbh, I know it's only 2 models so far but... if the pustule guy had a bell flail instead of a shield and the black mask guy had a sling instead of a shield everyone would be saying they look perfect for Pestilens acolytes/Eshin runners

image.png.d8add126c297952c5192a40acaee5245.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Yeah without the paint schemes I doubt it would be as noticeable (black hoods, pale green robes, red armour etc.), it'd be cool if clanrats could be assigned to different clans and get special rules for it, like if your regiment leader is a plague monk, your clanrats get a plague debuff aura or a FNP save

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

there are huge notes of pestilens, Eshin, and Verminous(?)/the martial clan on the designs?

which means you have the opportunity to mix and match to make clan-specific units it seems

there are huge notes of pestilens, Eshin, and Verminous(?)/the martial clan on the designs!

image.jpeg.3f00fcf82ed868f55163b9cc2f176626.jpeg

image.png.671a15ed890b90acb382c01bd1b408d5.pngimage.png.7b77dc688402d7022e9878e874688b3a.pngimage.png.3c510ebaafd0b62dc2729c709ea35a6d.pngimage.png.c27ed3ab61ca0ecd1402963ddc341253.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, the articles from Warcom, on skavens, from Age of Sigmar, dated this year, today, some mere days ago, talk about diferent particular specific clans and the Council of Thirteen.

Stop doomposting, skaven society isn't gonna change per GW itself (yeah, i know, it's ironic im the one saying this)

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Also, the articles from Warcom, on skavens, from Age of Sigmar, dated this year, today, some mere days ago, talk about diferent particular specific clans and the Council of Thirteen.

Stop doomposting, skaven society isn't gonna change per GW itself (yeah, i know, it's ironic im the one saying this)

that was my point yeah, didn't realize the old sculpts had this as well. so the fact they've kept the design nods bodes really well for you :) i know i'm very happy with the Seraphon refresh! (my first WHF love)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:02 PM, Kronos said:

This.

Clanrats are a Solid Kit, so much more needs attention - Rat Ogres, Skaven Really need a Rat Ogre kit with the quality and Size of the Kroxigor Kit. 

Humble Pie I’ve eaten today.…it is in fact the new Clanrats that are a Solid Kit, keep em coming.  Can’t wait to turn the whole lot into Skaven Zombies.

I remember when the Island of Blood Clan Rats were released in 2010. I remember sitting at my room in Uni thinking “these are the best models they’ve ever made” - Crazy what 14 years of Technology  can do. 

Imagine how good Malerion and his Aelves will look when they’re released in 80 years. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yeah, FOMO boxes are called Army Sets for AoS.