The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Competitive choices are the first ones to get soldout so I think competitive players are the majority of the sales

I think @Ejecutor meant tournament players. I certainly believe that they are the minority, but they have way to much impact on the game. Imo, a negative impact.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

I think @Ejecutor meant tournament players. I certainly believe that they are the minority, but they have way to much impact on the game. Imo, a negative impact.

There was a story doing the rounds a few years ago that only 20% on GW's customers actually play. Their primary customer base is hobbyists and collectors.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Oh ok, now I understand @BarakUrbazpost.

Yes, that is true, some very very very very specific people is really really really noisy, that's true. 

But I have to say, everytime I hear to Matt (the rules lead) I think he's a very serious worker, with very good ideas and understanding of the game, so those noisy dudes have little power right now.

Edited by Ragest

2 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

Warcry: Now this is just outright infuriating. Who thought this was a good idea? And why are the Horns of Hashut included? If anything, the Darkoath savagers being shelved would have at least been expected, but somehow GeeDubs sees them as more valuable than all the warbands that started this together with a newer one. 

The reason why for Darkoath they stated in the article. Darkoath is the theme they are going for.
image.png.06280520c1cf8de64ea4b1e40b3e29b3.png

HOWEVER the Horns of Hashut was the one that really was confusing considering everything else was first edition EXCEPT them though I did see someone point out something interesting that considering Hashut was a God for the Chaos dwarves and with theories about their return their removal from Slaves to Darkness may be due to them being rebranded to join as fellow followers of Hashut.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Very likely would explain just their end. Maybe they turn nomads and move somewhere else or do something that gets them eradicated?

Silent people ate them after fully waking-up from their long slumber.

Edited by Loskelodd

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

I dont understand why those chose my poor EvoKitties and not the super useless Vanguard Chamber 

starting to think Vanguard chamber will go away with not many replacements, since their design space is fairly weak and can exist in other chambers. Sacrosanct have an AMAZING wizard-paladin aesthetic that i think GW wants to 100% Thunderstrike update.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

"We"? "Supposed to be"? Where is this narrative coming from? Or are you talking about TGA moderation?

Oh to be fair I guess that's my opinion. I think we should be happy for everyone when they get a new model even when it isn't ours. The only times I wasn't was things like Ogroids and Kragnos that felt like they should have been beasts.

I'm just miffed that so many people seem to object to the idea of this news being upsetting to people.

• Like 4

Yeah no this like the worst they could do

Why show this article before even the first skaven model is reval? It kind just kills the hype for 4th edition for many

There like no way this could go in GW favor. "Hey guys ready new models and rules? How about i first tell you that we're cancelling a whole buch of models some not even a decade old and even actual full factions! Isn't that peak your intreat"

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Why show this article before even the first skaven model is reval? It kind just kills the hype for 4th edition for many

There like no way this could go in GW favor. "Hey guys ready new models and rules? How about i first tell you that we're cancelling a whole buch of models some not even a decade old and even actual full factions! Isn't that peak your intreat"

Because now they can switch gears and have an uninterrupted run of positive spin?

I actually think it would have been worse for them to drop the bomb further down the line.

• Like 6

Btw, was I the only one who noticed that Vandus is not on the list? So I guess the new character is not Vandus in the end... also the Lord Relictor. Seems we would have him around for a bit more time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, was I the only one who noticed that Vandus is not on the list? So I guess the new character is not Vandus in the end... also the Lord Relictor. Seems we would have him around for a bit more time.

The incantor is not in the list, and if I remember it right, she comes in a sprue with liberators.

8 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Tbh I feel it is better to give us the bad news now then give us more news over time that can build up some hype than dropping it near 4th and taking the wind out of our wings. It also helps with people who may go out to buy stuff ready for 4th only to find out just before it came out their purchases were useless.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It feels like the theme just doesn't fit with the Total War gameplay.

it doesn't at all and i'll die on that hill. you either make the 40k game feel too small by putting it on 1 planet, or it's got cobbled together systems to accommodate for space warfare & feels like 3 separate but mediocre games.

doing 40k makes no sense when AOS would fit into TW like a glove.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Good spot. Also no Knight Questor. We still have that Stormcast rumour engine with the 1her sword and, even though not as fancy and does match the Vigilor so most likely foot soldiers, did wonder if maybe it was going to them but apparently not.  Being in the left hand I do still wonder if this is going to be a dual wielder similar to the Errant-Questor Duellist but as a more standard unit.
2023-12-20.png
image.png.22ea894bcfa0719d4775a5ea05020575.pngimage.png.abe3fbd3bcfd0ecefe1e9cb35696e866.png

So after thinking about it a bit i have to say

the BoC Player (20+years) in me is actually okay with these news. They basically anounced i am clear to go for another 3years!

That is because:

a) i get an Index like everyone else

b) i get points updates for a year

c) since i do not play in big GW tournaments my dudes not being tournament legal after 2025 has zero impact on me. No doubt locally i can compete - If i like the edition enough to bother, that is.

d) not getting a "new" Battletome sometime is okay... 40€ for the same text and artwork wasnt worth it. As with new models: we all knew it wasnt going to happen anyways...

So untill all the warscrolls are rewritten/points reset AGAIN ( AoS 5th) i have an army to play! 

Take that, Dark Elves!

(I sincerely hope you get your faction soon...)

The same should apply to Bonesplitters. 

Edited by Koala
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Augusto said:

It just comes to mind. The sacrosant chamber *in the lore* was never meant to be in the frontlines. in fact, the existence of the sacrosant chamber was a high secret to other stormcast iirc. The fact that the entire range retires is kinda fitting lorewise, now that the nighthaunt and nagash menace was neutralized. So there is that

Except they aren’t. Olynder is active, Nagash is rising again, and they’re still the best weapons against Daemons. The Sacrosanct withdrawing and saying “Mission accomplished” neglects to mention that literally every Nighthaunt character besides Reikenor are currently active

20 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Because now they can switch gears and have an uninterrupted run of positive spin?

I actually think it would have been worse for them to drop the bomb further down the line.

not when 4th edition literally about to starting to be announce not even the box content is show. all they have is a trailer a lukewarm liberators. This was absolutely not the time or place to announce this sort of stuff. It just now a uphill battle of trying to convince people to buy models when they kill off a huge amount of it 

Like why buy Stormcast 4th edition when in less then 6 years they'll be drop. that the mentality that people are going into the edition rather then any sort of positivity. 

Edited by Dragon-knight77

13 minutes ago, Ragest said:

The incantor is not in the list, and if I remember it right, she comes in a sprue with liberators.

Every Sacrosanct model is being put into Legends

Incantor does not come with Liberators

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Except they aren’t. Olynder is active, Nagash is rising again, and they’re still the best weapons against Daemons. The Sacrosanct withdrawing and saying “Mission accomplished” neglects to mention that literally every Nighthaunt character besides Reikenor are currently active

And Reikenor appeared in Dawnbringers, so he is active as well.