The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Ok this is approaching meme territory with the Warcry releases... 

I feel given that 1 side are ghosts there is definitely a joke there somewhere that I cannot be bothered to come up with.

Great to see Underworld so soon - a fine addition to my collection!

For Warcry there is a Kill Team* battle report this week so maybe both boxes will go on pre-order announcement next sunday ?

*Both boxes were announced at the same time at LVO 2024.

Edited by HorticulusTGA

12 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

No, it's out of stock due to massive purchases by TOW players who are selling out the entire AoS range to use in TOW.

I really don't think so, much more likely that it's the general supply issues that GW is having. Especially with how vocal part of TOW community is with hating anything that's new.

Or do you have a (non-anecdotal) source to back this up?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Warcry is ridiculous at this point, they're kinda neglecting it. Both with how long this box is taking, how few starter sets there were for both seasons and with the Flameseekers and Monsterkillaz recently

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Warcry is ridiculous at this point, they're kinda neglecting it. Both with how long this box is taking, how few starter sets there were for both seasons and with the Flameseekers and Monsterkillaz recently

It feels like there's been some delay with KT and warcry, having a battle report for the nightmare box that hasn't even gone up for preorder yet is weird

26 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Just went looking through the range, and seems like stuff shared between TOW and AoS is probably safe for now.

wait can explain this? are you saying that TOW and AOS is sharing moonclan shootas and stabbas could indicate them allowing some cross-platform for now? 

either way i don't know if that the case with the Dispossessed when Hammers and Irondrakes are headlining the main infantry of Dwarfen mountain holds. Not to say Dispossessed the army concept is Phoenix temple out of CoS just yet but it definitely not going to share infantry models between setting imo

Screenshot2024-03-24141311.png.8eeb07966e3195a925474b1ad42c4a5e.png

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Wintermaw just speedrunning release while Pyre and Flood is moving at molasse speed that I could believe Briar and Bone can come out first 

Edited by Dragon-knight77

5 hours ago, AquaRegis said:

I don't know why GW are moving away from the more mutated, cosmic and body horror aspects of Chaos, but I wish some of it would come back.

Hopefully, they're reserving it for Morghur's faction, plausibly as the Utmost Mutation™ tier. An in-between aesthetic gradient in other factions would be welcome, although I appreciate the somewhat more hopeful aspect of treading the Path to Glory.

27 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I really don't think so, much more likely that it's the general supply issues that GW is having. Especially with how vocal part of TOW community is with hating anything that's new.

Or do you have a (non-anecdotal) source to back this up?

I think he was being sarcastic. 😉

Although I do think TOW selling extremely good seems to be the case.

Anyway everything new for TOW sells out on pre-order day. I.e the O&G this saturday. All the new stuff sold out already (Arcane Journal and the new mini (black orc bigboss).

In one of the O&G Almanacks they said "The game has been incredibly well received, and it’s great that there’s so much passion – the scope of the project has grown, so please bear with us."

This statement is something you don't read a lot from GW. I can't remember they ever posted something like this about any game system.  

I don't know about you, but that seems to me that everything about TOW is much more succesful than management thought it would be.

Also, The Honest Wargamer (Rob) said that he knows for a fact that TOW is the most played game by far in GW HQ employee game groups. Lol, I don't know if this is true ofcourse, but he seems to be really confident about it.

But as this is the AoS thread, let's hope not to much is removed from AoS, that beautiful mini's keep coming and hopefully they don't make AoS 4th edition ruleswise a mess.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

For me the miniature is cool, but whoever conceived it was very lazy and this is an unquestionable fact: he simply took a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak and a Varanguard and mixed them, that's it.

Did you want Abraxia to wear a bikini or a gala dress, or undergo Chaos plastic surgery, so you can clearly identify her as a woman ? Since you have trouble identifying a woman in full plate armour, maybe you need her to have a change of dress so it can better fit your representation of a woman. Or did you expect a female Chaos Lord to look like, idk, Sydney Sweeney or Zendaya ?

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Asbestress said:

Just went looking through the range, and seems like stuff shared between TOW and AoS is probably safe for now.

So hopefully Dispossessed will stay with us for a bit still (while being a comparatively worse deal probably with 10 vs 20 for infantry)

If they go cheaper, like the new Bretonian models vs the Steelhelms, it would be weird. You would just go and buy the TOW box for AoS and buy bases separately.

10 Steelhelms: 42,50 €. (20: 85 €.)
20 Bret Knights: 62,50 €.

10 Duardins from CoS 42,50 as well... the comparison would be painful for AoS.

Edited by Ejecutor

6 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

what tells you that'a a woman warrior?

Why should that be even relevant? Besides, there is a whole spectrum of physical features in humans, and I'm glad GW utilises the differences by introducing more realistic and less stereotypical forms.

3 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

whoever conceived it was very lazy and this is an unquestionable fact: he simply took a Chaos Lord on Karkadrak and a Varanguard and mixed them, that's it.

Don't present your speculation about the design process as an "unquestionable fact" if you have no insight or intel about the process. Oh, and sure, you know the conceiver is a "he".

Edited by Preppikoma
  • Like 9
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Okay…. I love most of these release don’t get me wrong (especially the ash waste chief, since I’m using his range as TK-Sons cultists)… but BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA JUST RELEASE THE KILLTEAM BOX ALREADY!!! I’m holding back on working on my Nightlords since this release hasn’t dropped yet

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

It feels like there's been some delay with KT and warcry, having a battle report for the nightmare box that hasn't even gone up for preorder yet is weird

It happened the same with Callis and Toll + Krethusa. Battle report and the following week it was ready for sale.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I feel the same... and.... Water elf. Where elf water? Ninja elf where, why? 😧

They are just taking a long bath. They enjoy water so much that sometimes their baths can go out of hand.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They are just taking a long bath. They enjoy water so much that sometimes their baths can go out of hand.

I like to thing now think they are in a Nighthaunt run Spa with Nighthaunt in question providing mood lighting with candles. Everything was going well until... the incident... And so Pyre and Flood was launched.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Did you want Abraxia to wear a bikini or a gala dress, or undergo Chaos plastic surgery, so you can clearly identify her as a woman ? Since you have trouble identifying a woman in full plate armour, maybe you need her to have a change of dress so it can better fit your representation of a woman. Or did you expect a female Chaos Lord to look like, idk, Sydney Sweeney or Zendaya ?

Even while I agree her face is feminine enough, this afternoon I've been listening to Adepticon's reviews and all the users who don't follow AoS thought it was a him. So I guess he kinda has a point there, but I think this is mainly cause the way it has been painted.

• Thanks 1