The Rumour Thread

One thing that is hilarious and also rather sad to me is that GW may not have even needed to renew the Rat Ogre models if they had just put the Island of Blood ones on their own sprue and sold them separately instead of mixing them with the HEs...

22 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yes. Around 1.04 mins

"It comes in the launch box, everything you need to play spearhead - the board, the models, the cards the terrain"

Hopefully it is a terrain that fits my Heldestone plans! My friends already "preordered" 10 boxes xD

Now that all the dust has settled for tha announcement of AoS4, I'd like to share an opinion with you all : why Skavens are the perfect antagonists for the new edition.

1. They're iconic and unique ! Skaven are 100% Warhammer - they're not ripoffs from Tolkien, Moorcock, D&D or medieval/early modern history like most WFB factions, or inspired by the latter like most AoS factions, they're their own thing entirely ! They're evil ratmen with a WW1 inspiration (inspiration not ripoff) and that's very unique and that's what makes them iconic. For me, Skaven are one of the most famous Warhammer icons - on the levels of Space Marines, Orks or "heavily armoured fantasy warrior" like SCE or chaos warriors that Warhammer popularised.
  2. They're pure evil ! No morally grey villains here, Skavens are just evil incarnate, all they want is to completely dominate the whole setting, they'll kill and destroy everything including each other. Having bad guys that are just 100% evil is great because 1/ it's fun to play as them and 2/ it's fun to play against them !
  3. They have a varied roster. Obviously the starter will have your basic clanrats and clawlord, but expanding from that new players will have a variety of playstyles to choose from. Want to go magic heavy with grey seers and verminlords ? You can ! Want to go shooting heavy with guns, chemical weapons and artillery ? You can ! Want to go with a zoo of Frankenstein rat monsters ? You can ! Want to play a horde of rats and have a 1 hour movement phase ? You get the idea. Also they have some great kits from a money/points ratio, like Thanquol, the verminlord, the A-bomb...
  4. They're just fun ! They constantly backstab each other, snort the magic chaos rock they use as fuel, create insane mad science, they're so completely over the top evil it becomes comical. Even their rules are fun : you can supercharge your war machines to do a ton of damage but they may blow up in your face instead, sacrifice underlings, have your characters bravely run away...
  5. You have a lore justification for fighting every single army in the game including yourself.
Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yes. Around 1.04 mins

"It comes in the launch box, everything you need to play spearhead - the board, the models, the cards the terrain"

1:05:20. It says from the box on day one. It doesn't say launch box. So my guess are the starter sets, but thar day one could be the launch box indeed and it would explain why we saw less minis in the trailer plus why scenery was so present in the trailer as well. Maybe they were showing us the scenery as well.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

1:05:20. It says from the box on day one. It doesn't say launch box. So my guess are the starter sets, but thar day one could be the launch box indeed and it would explain why we saw less minis in the trailer plus why scenery was so present in the trailer as well. Maybe they were showing us the scenery as well.

Transcription:
"Um so Spearhead, uh it comes in the launch box - so everything you need to play spearhead; the models, the board, the terrain, the cards, the rules (rules for every faction as well) are all included in the box, so you can play it straight out of the box on day one."

Sounds like maybe it does? Not sure if I'm excited about that or not...

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
grammar
  • Like 2

"Our preachers say that mankind is thriving and victory is absolute. Meanwhile, our space marines, despite initials wins against the tyranids, eventually become overwhelmed by the swarm. This is evidencing how all the optimism about our future is actually more dangerous than anything else, because even space marines are barely defending on their feet against waves and waves of enemies that become stronger each and every time. So, even our best victories are actually desperate phyrric victories"

"OK LOOK THE RATS HAVE THIS CLANRATS BUT OUR FANTASY MARINES WILL CRUSH THEM ALL, NOW THEY HAVE A RATLING GUN BUT OUR FANTASY MARINES CAN ALSO CRUSH THEM NOW THEY SHOOT AT US WITH SNIPERS BUT WE ALSO CRUSH THEM BUT NOW THEY HAVE A RATLING GUN BUT IT LASTS LIKE 5 MINUTES AND A REGULAR FANTASY MARINE IS ALSO CRUSHING THE WARLORD'S MOUNT NOTHING CAN BEAT OUR FANTASY MARINES OUR FANTASY MARINES ARE BESTEST LIKE 2 DIED BUT MEH AND LOOK ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡SIGMAR LIED!!!!!!!! WE HAVE BLUE EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SOME DEEP LORE BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT? DIRTY RATS, NAGASH IS A LOSER!!!! ANYWAY THERES NOTHING A FANTASY MARINE CAN'T KILL BUY OUR FANTASY MARINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Btw, forgot to tal about this

image.png.eaf170e81ad50ff393e5426a837a03e9.png

There IS an used skaven symbol that resembles this rune!

image.png.20b963a45c39a2984fb388a0ecf4ea90.png

Armybooks often showed these similar runes, but they didn't hold a meaning as far as I can tell? Don't have the heraldry book as of now to tell it exactly. What I can tell it's that this is a generic rune not related to Skyrre, nor Moulder.

Edited by Garrac

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yes. Around 1.04 mins

Not sure how I feel about that. I’d rather have more models than terrain personally, but I can see why having terrain is good for new players (I mean it’s good for me too, I don’t really have any terrain, I just find it hard to get excited about). 

• Like 4

I'm really hoping that they misspoke and that there isn't any terrain in the launch box and that it's kept to the 3 tiered starter boxes they usually do after the launch box. Mostly because it possibly means less models in the box and (this is a mildly selfish reason) because I personally won't have much use for it since I'm primarily a painter when it comes to AoS and I don't really enjoy painting terrain.

That being said I can understand why they might decide to include it due it being good for peoples first foray into the game but I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that there isn't any in there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I'm really hoping that they misspoke and that there isn't any terrain in the launch box and that it's kept to the 3 tiered starter boxes they usually do after the launch box. Mostly because it possibly means less models in the box and (this is a mildly selfish reason) because I personally won't have much use for it since I'm primarily a painter when it comes to AoS and I don't really enjoy painting terrain.

That being said I can understand why they might decide to include it due it being good for peoples first foray into the game but I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that there isn't any in there.

I thought I'd heard this news before and after a quick I discovered it was something @Whitefang back me up said a while ago. 

With that rumour and Ben's comment it does seem likely that there will be terrain in the box. 

• Like 3

On 2/10/2024 at 8:41 AM, Whitefang back me up said:

In the starter set you’ll get some new destroyed buildings to go alongside the rats and Stormcast, not sure on anything else though. 

Here's the original comment. It looks like they're trying something new with this set. It's interesting that it's still being called a launch box in the video. This sounds like a product that should be a permanent range item.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, forgot to tal about this

image.png.eaf170e81ad50ff393e5426a837a03e9.png

There IS an used skaven symbol that resembles this rune!

image.png.20b963a45c39a2984fb388a0ecf4ea90.png

Armybooks often showed these similar runes, but they didn't hold a meaning as far as I can tell? Don't have the heraldry book as of now to tell it exactly. What I can tell it's that this is a generic rune not related to Skyrre, nor Moulder.

I funnily enough do have the heraldry book

(although sadly only in german)

the mark that we are seeing on that clawlord, resembles thst of the clan rictus or the black fur clan as it is translated int german

image.jpg

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilentSentinel said:

What about a Spearhead launch box separate from the big 4.0 launchbox? That would make sense for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSentinel said:

Yeah, I am also hoping for no terrain in the 4th Launch box. It will either mean less mini's or a higher price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

A Reddit user noticed some interesting details on the Nexus Chaotica terrain piece.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/1bloq21/expanded_nexus_chaotica_translations_references/

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-8rghg7xl52qc1.jpg

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-9skec7xl52qc1.jpg

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-fvesz6xl52qc1.jpg

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-dhfoe7xl52qc1.jpg

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-y7olv6xl52qc1.jpg

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-9gb109xl52qc1.jpg

expanded-nexus-chaotica-translations-references-v0-1ahwo6xl52qc1.jpg

Gzydhd the greatest and most terrible chaos god across the Mortal realm, Old world and 41 millenium

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont care if its for ToW or AoS but i need a hero model for Gitmob that looks like this.

Screenshot_20240323_110400_Chrome.jpg.63de8218445dc40ca8a2a36ef75b3949.jpg

So apart from wolf rider what exactly does Gitmob has going for them? Like if they're going to expand the sun goblins they'll probably need something other than the already implemented Snarlfang riders

With the mention of cards, I'm actually pretty interested in playing spearhead, as opposed to 40k's combat patrol, although it is still a shame that it's not really customisable, although I guess you have to sacrifice that to play at that point size. I wish there was more ways to play lower point games of 40k and AoS as honestly full sized games are kinda tiring for me.

3 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So apart from wolf rider what exactly does Gitmob has going for them? Like if they're going to expand the sun goblins they'll probably need something other than the already implemented Snarlfang riders

I have so many ideas, don't get me started.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Gzydhd the greatest and most terrible chaos god across the Mortal realm, Old world and 41 millenium

Wolf chariots, would be an interesting idea.

they could also go with the old world theme and make new normal goblin troop, which will likely said make both sides happy.

but these sun goblin always felt right as a faction that mostly rides on wolfs when going to war

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, pitzok said:

With the mention of cards, I'm actually pretty interested in playing spearhead, as opposed to 40k's combat patrol, although it is still a shame that it's not really customisable, although I guess you have to sacrifice that to play at that point size. I wish there was more ways to play lower point games of 40k and AoS as honestly full sized games are kinda tiring for me.

The problem with letting you customise the armies would ba having to balance it all. If there's just one option it is easier yo balance.

Hope Wolf Riders were a one off. They don't fit at all current GSG range. Neither squigs, nor Trogghoths. Not even the shroom theme. Move "normal" goblins to the old world. That's were they belong. I own fully painted 2k Squigs and on my way to 2k Trogghoths. If GW wants to expand GSG range do it with some crazy Spiderfang. They fit AoS way much better.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pitzok said:

I have so many ideas, don't get me started.

Git started...

7 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Hope Wolf Riders were a one off.

Nope. 

What, 3 or 4 different aelves... 3 different duardin..., 1 metric frak ton of different humies serving under a myriad of different factions....

There's definitely a place for gitmob.😉🤘🐺🤘

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 11