The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, EonChao said:

One thing I just noticed about the trailer is the Stormcast's human form is dressed and armed very similar to some of the Darkoath. It's a little touch but it adds to that connection between those who remained and those who escaped to Azyr or became Stormcast.

Taking into consideration that during the Chaos period, those dying outside of the cities would be in most cases Darkoaths, it makes sense. And we have a new aesthetic to exploit and use.

4 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Without knowing the actual lore, I like the idea of Ruination members being brought out of retirement because of the extraordinarily desperate situation, rather than them being used as Death Company-style go-out-with-a-bang warriors as the default. It feels like a subtle difference between traditional grimdark ("Stormcast are reforged so many times, eventually they go mad") and a more humane, but equally tragic setup ("Stormcast are eventually retired under mostly dignified circumstances, but war demands that they go back to fighting.")

Having said that, I definitely also want to see some more unhinged warriors. I think the Dreadnought metaphor works quite well, with them being ancient, venerable, and impossible to replace.

Apropos nothing, but has there ever been mention or speculation of Stormcast tanks

There was a rumour about Stormcast Deadnoughts indeed, but no tanks.

• Like 1

My main army is Stormcast. I really don’t want to see more units! 

There are enough OG 1st or 2nd edition Stormcast units that can be redone into the modern, better proportioned style.

Leviathan (the 10th Ed 40K launch box) suffered from units the seemed to have been invented just to fill box space.

I was hoping that GW would begin merging very similar units into single entries…but going by the exact opposite happening with the Tau codex…that seems a distant hope.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

My source has been wrong in the past, so we'll see - I'm not 100% confident with my date and your timeline makes a lot of sense as I've heard that GW has been trying to make the biggest new thing to be released on the first Saturday of each month, but it hasn't always been possible lately.

Your source is right but he is expecting one week preorder

34 minutes ago, Souleater said:

My main army is Stormcast. I really don’t want to see more units! 

There are enough OG 1st or 2nd edition Stormcast units that can be redone into the modern, better proportioned style.

Leviathan (the 10th Ed 40K launch box) suffered from units the seemed to have been invented just to fill box space.

I was hoping that GW would begin merging very similar units into single entries…but going by the exact opposite happening with the Tau codex…that seems a distant hope.

I see this for established players. But on the other hand, as someone who does not currently have a Stormcast army, I am closer to starting one than ever before.

Between Thunderstrike and Ruination, I am really into their aesthetic right now. If I can find a sub-30 model list that I like, I will probably be starting the army next edition,

• Like 2

I have a question for those of you who know more about dates, guys.

I check every day a second-hand site and today I found this:

image.png.b6a5bbffd17e6172b21c4cce68c6d61a.png

I clicked in the CoS out of curiosity and he is saying that it would be released on April 20th.

image.png.e940b599fb64bcbff65980df2e039ee9.png

Is it even possible for someone to know already that release date?

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I clicked in the CoS out of curiosity and he is saying that it would be released on April 20th.

There are Wallapop users that are simply stores sending there... Maybe they have been informed about the release date of these products.

Just guessing.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It is because Wyrdhollow was released last April week past year.

10 hours ago, Elarin said:

The launch box will be released on the 29th of June. We will see all contents of the box during a preview in May, but I guess they will start showing some single models earlier like last year with 40k.

My dude, do you have a date for us for darkoath box and dawnbringers 6?

Btw, I already noted it earlier, but Im gonna talk about this again: the clawlord is handling a mini-ratling gun.

we-destroyed-a-world-once-its-time-for-double-v0-y5sknkxurmpc1.webp.bee8e10b174859618d71b25c698e56cb.webp

Why is this important? Because bringing back the old weapon teams on just an updated note would be weird since skavens have now the technology to make versions slightly smaller.

So, yeap, despite my relunctancy, it is highly possible that this artillery thing is in fact a ratling gun. The sprue isnt compatible with multimodularity, but I guess there'll come a new remade one in the future that allows the weapon in the top to change (and flesh slayers will be tossed up to legends because theres no way you can toss it up on the kit's idea)

image.jpeg.7fba64b993d497215db4247895ea2501.jpeg

Edited by Garrac

How does the narrative timeline work in AoS?

Following the release of the cinematic trailer does this mean that in the narrative 'present' that Skaveblight is now present for all to see in the realms? So has this event now happened from the perspective of all the fiction from now on such as the next Dawnbringers books and WarCom short stories?

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Following the release of the cinematic trailer does this mean that in the narrative 'present' that Skaveblight is now present for all to see in the realms? So has this event now happened from the perspective of all the fiction from now on such as the next Dawnbringers books and WarCom short stories?

I guess this is happening after Dawnbringers 6 or during the end of the book. Hammerhall is under siege, so makes sense that the pact between Archaon and the GHR happened to put even more pressure on the city.

• Like 2

I'm guessing the red clawlord was what the rumour was talking about and Queek isn't returning then ?

Hopefully that means the big named character is Ikrit!

I also think vandus's prophecy that he becomes a lightning gheist will be true when Khul kills him but he will be shoved in a stormcast dreadnought 

14 minutes ago, Garrac said:

So, yeap, despite my relunctancy, it is highly possible that this artillery thing is in fact a ratling gun. The sprue isnt compatible with multimodularity, but I guess there'll come a new remade one in the future that allos the weapon in the top to change (and flesh slayers will be tossed up to legends because theres no way you can toss it up on the kit's idea)

They really upped the caliber of the ratling for this edition if this is a new ratling gun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EntMan said:

No. It hasn't happened yet. It's a problem with previewing the next edition before book 6 is out. The events of book 6 and the shorts will lead up to the appearance of Skavenblight. From 4th edition onwards Skavenblight will be there in the same way that the nature of the realm of death is reversed permanently after the events of Malign Portents

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

So, let me get this right... Archaon has said that the Great Horned Rat is officially the fifth official Chaos God? 

Slaanesh is so going to bite Archaon's head off... when He's free. 

If he's free.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Elarin said:

The launch box will be released on the 29th of June. We will see all contents of the box during a preview in May, but I guess they will start showing some single models earlier like last year with 40k.

Do you know release date of  Dawnbringers 6 books and minis ? Darkoath armyset and Abraxia are probably release at the same time ?

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Btw, I already noted it earlier, but Im gonna talk about this again: the clawlord is handling a mini-ratling gun.

we-destroyed-a-world-once-its-time-for-double-v0-y5sknkxurmpc1.webp.bee8e10b174859618d71b25c698e56cb.webp

Why is this important? Because bringing back the old weapon teams on just an updated note would be weird since skavens have now the technology to make versions slightly smaller.

So, yeap, despite my relunctancy, it is highly possible that this artillery thing is in fact a ratling gun. The sprue isnt compatible with multimodularity, but I guess there'll come a new remade one in the future that allows the weapon in the top to change (and flesh slayers will be tossed up to legends because theres no way you can toss it up on the kit's idea)

52 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They really upped the caliber of the ratling for this edition if this is a new ratling gun.

I have a feeling this might be something entirely different to the weapon teams.

I’m actually keen in seeing if these jezzails are a multi part kit considering the backpack they where carrying.

it’s possible we might be seeing weapon teams in units of 3 n

• Like 2