The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, The Red King said:

The warhound sad reacted my question. Beasts are being removed from AoS. I wish Games Workshop could go under without costing everyone else their toys because (this word goes against forum rules) that (this word goes against forum rules) company and its (this word goes against forum rules) cohort of incompetent (this word goes against forum rules) suits who don't give a (this word goes against forum rules) about the actual players and fans.

They don't deserve this world. (Warhammer not life).

I will continue playing with them in Legends, my Pestigors, Gorthor and company, I am not going to sell them, too many decades on their metal backs.

Of course, the second hand and the recasts are my new suppliers of GW miniatures for the rest of my armies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, EntMan said:

It sucks that GW can do this 😞

I'm surprised they can. Seems out of line with the outcome of the chapterhouse lawsuit (based on my incomplete second-hand knowledge 😄) and the lamassu in particular cannot possibly be claimed by any company surely. Or are they just throwing their weight around against smaller companies that won't stand up to them?

To keep it rumour focused... I wonder if this action suggests that they'll be sticking to their WFB theming fairly closely. Wouldn't be much point if they were going to radically reinvent them.

Edited by Kromek
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I guess all these BS and BoC concerns are quite wide and not something just from this forum, right? If so, it wouldn't surprise me that someone asked about it during the Adepticon Q&A session, so we could have an answer quite soon.

that's if the Q&A even ends up online... we never got a rundown of AOS's session for last year's Warhammerfest I think it was

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

I will continue playing with them in Legends, my Pestigors, Gorthor and company, I am not going to sell them, too many decades on their metal backs.

Of course, the second hand and the recasts are my new suppliers of GW miniatures for the rest of my armies.

I won't sell but I won't buy anything from GW ever again.

49 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

☝️ What is going on here!?!?

It's reference to the Skaven Origin story. There was once a magnificent and prosperous city and the people (humans and dwarfs) decided to build a huge temple with a tower reaching up into the sky, to thank the gods for their prosperity. They struggled to finish it so a stranger appeared and offered to complete it as long as they could add their own offering. When this was done, a huge horned bell was at the top. It started ringing, bad stuff happened and Skaven appeared in what became known as Skavenblight.

I'm sure people can better write that but that's what I remember :D 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

44 minutes ago, Kromek said:

I'm surprised they can. Seems out of line with the outcome of the chapterhouse lawsuit (based on my incomplete second-hand knowledge 😄) and the lamassu in particular cannot possibly be claimed by any company surely. Or are they just throwing their weight around against smaller companies that won't stand up to them?

To keep it rumour focused... I wonder if this action suggests that they'll be sticking to their WFB theming fairly closely. Wouldn't be much point if they were going to radically reinvent them.

It are bullying tactics. GW will probably not win in court, but most other companies can't sustain the cost to go to court.

Worse is that they removed all their Chaos releases that they started since August, loving their take on Chaos. 

That's the bad news is. The good news is that there will be plastic Chaos dwarves that probably will have flying bulls and Lammasu. 😄.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Red King said:

The warhound sad reacted my question. Beasts are being removed from AoS. I wish Games Workshop could go under without costing everyone else their toys because (this word goes against forum rules) that (this word goes against forum rules) company and its (this word goes against forum rules) cohort of incompetent (this word goes against forum rules) suits who don't give a (this word goes against forum rules) about the actual players and fans.

They don't deserve this world. (Warhammer not life).

I don't know that Warhound is in a position to give us that information. I think they just have some access to the 4e Starter, hence the fact they haven't been able to confirm or deny indices.

6 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I don't know that Warhound is in a position to give us that information. I think they just have some access to the 4e Starter, hence the fact they haven't been able to confirm or deny indices.

I mean, hypothetically speaking, if the 4e starter has the core book and the core book has no section for Beasts, that's a bad sign. 

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Depending what you mean by 'this'. Protecting their IP? Well, isn't that fair? 

Of course, you could argue how far that 'fair' protection should be able to stretch. But come on, if you're explicitely making Citadel/FW proxies, you need to be prepared that the gaze of Sauron will one day fall upon you.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

looks like my guess might've been right!! now to hope this isn't cult of the wheel, but something else Azyrite

I have been wondering how to expand my cities and leaning towards the cultists side... but if that is the amount of intricate detail I can expect then Ironweld it is.... 

8 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Depending what you mean by 'this'. Protecting their IP? Well, isn't that fair? 

Of course, you could argue how far that 'fair' protection should be able to stretch. But come on, if you're explicitely making Citadel/FW proxies, you need to be prepared that the gaze of Sauron will one day fall upon you.

Dwarfs and flying bulls / Lammusa are nothing that GW owns. And they managed to almost release nothing the last 30 years for CD. So we can only be happy that the community provided.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sealven said:

Not really AoS related, but Im going to go ahead and call that we'll only get one Kill team revealed tonight. Nightmare isn't up for pre-order and the last time that we had a kill team preview before an already announced box was released, they only showed off Night Lords. 

The same logic could be applied to our Warcry box?

I hope to find something to bedazzle me with this preview but it seems like this one will pass me by as not much rumored for anything I'm all that interested in being a destro fan first nd death second.

Rat ogors, if shown off, will probably be my biggest wow. 

Eh, win some ya lose some. 

The rat fans will definitely carry th experience fo sho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Why? I personally see it the other way around. I used to make t-shirts for sites like Qwertee to get some money while I was studying and on other pages like Teepublic where you upload your designs and people can purchase them on demand you have 0 protection against the owner of the IP, even if you have the right to use it as it falls under the parody usage. This is kind of the same. You are using GW's IP. In some cases it is flagrant.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1