The Rumour Thread

Just now, Garrac said:

Btw, valrak has stated on his latest video that Blood Angels are dropping this summer, and after that, new plastic kriegs. No word on Agents of the Imperium, so I'd asume it'll be Agents>Blood Angels>Kriegs, since agents don't need a lot of new kits.

Also, kroots for april.

Kr-April!!! 🤘

• Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

All I know is the lines of some Factions blur their Alliances. Darkoath may as well be Destruction as they venerate no members or the Big 4. (6).

I hope that Silent People are slotted into Destruction because they clearly dont worship Chaos and have been described as Sentient, Patient and Violent. Their appearance alone would not allow them in most Free Cities so Order seems off the table.

It comes to Death and Destruction. With cocooning and husks and other Insect related abilites the arguement could be made for Death.

But for me Destruction makes the most sense.

Instead of capturing Souls like the Idoneth they could capture people whole and take them to their Hives to be cocooned in Amberstone, think Xenomorphs from Aliens, drained of their life force within the confines of their sticky prison to feed the Hives Queen who in turn lays more eggs. Eggs which Bonesplittaz steal.

They dont eat to feed themselves the capture to feed their Queen. They dont barter for goods or trade with other races.They care not for ruling the Realms only to make sure the Queen is Protected and the Eggs are kept safe.

I don't agree about the appearance bit. In the cities we have Seraphons, Ogors, Duardin, Aelvens of all kind, Sylvaneth, NHs, Orruks... even some SoB mercenaries are around. Why not Silent ppl?

If I would have to put them in one grand alliance it would be either Destruction or Order, as ir Order we also have some that are not "the good guys", but I don't discard either a 5th grand alliance where those that don't "fit" too much Order would be. Like DoK and maybe Malerion. Silent ppl could be there as well.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

I think this is my main issue where the Mortal Realms need more fleshing out. At the moment we have a weird crossover between the various factions implied in the setting, except it almost never gets fleshed out. I really like bits where Stormcast convince Orruks to work with them against Chaos forces, or where in Dynasty of Monsters where Avengorii work with with on of the Cities to protect it from a Beastmen Horde. I think there needs to be a lot more interaction between the factions beyond them mostly fighting each other.

Give me more about how the Seraphon and Daughters of Khaine fit into the Cities. How the Lumineth and Kharadron negotiate to build new arcane devices. How the Sylvaneth differ within how they let other factions roam their forests.

Then add in an isolated city where an uneasy trading arrangement exists between the people who govern it and the Gloomspite of the nearby mountains. A Fyreslayer lodge that survived against all odds against an Ogor migration due to them finding a way to work with the Nighthaunt. Ironjawz that trade with Ossiarchs once a year, but the bones they Ossiarchs take have to be claimed in ritual combat. Even Chaos factions that work with Death, Destruction and Order ones against mutual enemies in weird strained but tolerated relationships.

And I think the Silent Ones potentially fit into that dynamic fine with at least Order, Death and Destruction. Like there are cultures in the real world who have incorporated the migrations of army ants into where they build their homes so that when the swarm passes through they move out for a few days, and the swarm eats all of the pests in their homes as it moves through the village. A City of Sigmar that allows the Silent Ones almost free reign over the surrounding wilderness and their sewer systems a few times a year to help them root out any Cults, Skaven or Grots etc lurking in that area would be thematically appropriate. And that's before you get into the idea of the Silent Ones being more sapient than some of us are assuming they are.

GW GET THIS PERSON A JOB.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't agree about the appearance bit. I'm the cities we have Seraphons, Ogors, Duardin, Aelvens of all kind, Sylvaneth, NHs, Orruks... even some SoB mercenaries are around. Why not Silent ppl?

If I would have to put them in one grand alliance it would be either Destruction or Order, as ir Order we also have some that are not "the good guys", but I don't discard either a 5th grand alliance where those that don't "fit" too much Order would be. Like DoK and maybe Malerion. Silent ppl could be there as well.

The appearance bit was definitely a stretch Ill admit. I just want Destruction fleshed out, as it stands now its effectively Greenskins and Ogors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

The appearance bit was definitely a stretch Ill admit. I just want Destruction fleshed out, as it stands now its effectively Greenskins and Ogors.

Has there ever been in lore or official fiction any humans in destruction? I just can't see why there wouldn't be destro humans.

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

Has there ever been in lore or official fiction any humans in destruction? I just can't see why there wouldn't be destro humans.

I think mainly because those closer to destro are added into the S2D soup. But why not? Ghurian tribes could be easily destro based, especially if the relationships between species are fleshed out, as has been suggested earlier.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, EntMan said:

(Not humanly possible guttural orruk voice) Becuz we'z don't want ya ere....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Reintroduction of Diggas -- in AoS instead of 40k -- would be hilarious.

Edited by Preppikoma
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

That’s their interpretation of a vague vision where a Phoenix gets consumed by a dark cloud. I think it’s actually the doom of Phoenicium by Skaven.

Phoenix get reborn don't they? A death and a rebirth of something possibly? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

All I know is the lines of some Factions blur their Alliances. Darkoath may as well be Destruction as they venerate no members or the Big 4. (6).

I hope that Silent People are slotted into Destruction because they clearly dont worship Chaos and have been described as Sentient, Patient and Violent. Their appearance alone would not allow them in most Free Cities so Order seems off the table

i agree they could be a Destruction faction that blurs the GA line, but I don't think their appearance should matter to COS more than

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They dont eat to feed themselves the capture to feed their Queen. They dont barter for goods or trade with other races.They care not for ruling the Realms only to make sure the Queen is Protected and the Eggs are kept safe.

this idea, and it would also feel narratively lazy against Order. there's been Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Melusai, Gargants, Ogors, Idoneth, with even Orruks and at least one Nighthaunt in Order/Neutral Cities so why should insectoids be too different for humanoids? Part of what blurs Order as a GA is their ability to be truly cosmopolitan, and it can cement the idea that all the other GAs can unite against Chaos.

i like your idea about the Hive could definitely be a reason why they're slotted into Destruction. if Chaos has still corrupted large swathes of the realms (like they said they wanted 3e to convey) it doesnt make as much sense for SP to be Locust-like with eating the flora of the Realms.

if they take people there could even be a knockon effect where it pushes the denizens of the Realms to decide whether they want to risk being taken by Silent People inland or Idoneth on the coast

7 hours ago, Garrac said:

Btw, valrak has stated on his latest video that Blood Angels are dropping this summer, and after that, new plastic kriegs. No word on Agents of the Imperium, so I'd asume it'll be Agents>Blood Angels>Kriegs, since agents don't need a lot of new kits.

Also, kroots for april.

I will say I asked him in his most recent stream if he knew anything about the contents of the starter set for 4th and he just said it is for sure happening but he didn't know anything about the contents. I know he is more 40k/30k, but I figured it was worth asking. 

• Like 1

Looks like Katakros might end up becoming the main character of Death this edition, given him giving out orders during DB4 to halt expansion and take up defenses and this most recent White Dwarf segment featuring Karash, his Liege-Immortis. 

image0.jpeg

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Looks like Katakros might end up becoming the main character of Death this edition, given him giving out orders during DB4 to halt expansion and take up defenses and this most recent White Dwarf segment featuring Karash, his Liege-Immortis. 

image0.jpeg

It would make sense. OBR is definitely the next death faction in line for an update. Soulblight got a massive update at the end of Second edition. Nighthaunt will end up with 5 3rd edition kits and FEC just got a big update. I'm much more confident that OBR will get a second wave than I am about Fyreslayers, KO or IDK. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I've read through a lot of chatter about 4th edition.

We assumed we would be in Ulgu, but now it's sounding like Aqshy, but Dawnbringers is taking place in Ghyran as well.

Do we think this might me a multi-realm edition?

Ghur has barely played any role in the narrative. I do wonder if it even matters.

13 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't agree about the appearance bit. In the cities we have Seraphons, Ogors, Duardin, Aelvens of all kinds, Sylvaneth, NHs, Orruks... even some SoB mercenaries are around. Why not Silent ppl?

If I had to put them in one grand alliance it would be either Destruction or Order, as ir Order we also have some that are not "the good guys", but I don't discard either a 5th grand alliance where those that don't "fit" too much Order would be. Like DoK and maybe Malerion. Silent ppl could be there as well.

Which is the criteria to put the Silent Ones in Order right now? It is the last GA n my mind with the few things that we know.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Which is the criteria to put the Silent Ones in Order right now? It is the last GA n my mind with the few things that we know.

Imho Silent People would be the last that have something to gain by joining Order. To my knowledge they dont need knowledge, protection or trade. I dont think being sentient is reason enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Imho Silent People would be the last that have something to gain by joining Order. To my knowledge they dont need knowledge, protection or trade. I dont think being sentient is reason enough.

we don't know anything about them though. Maybe they're highly intelligent and value knowledge above all else? Maybe something has happened that has made them see the value of protection in the form of allies? Maybe they trade all the time? We have no idea.

What we do know is that they didn't attack or act hostile toward the people in that story. They simply watched and observed. That suggests at least an interest in understanding.

Aside from that, what makes Order factions Order? Is it just being able to lie in cities with each other? Insects are extremely orderly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

we don't know anything about them though. Maybe they're highly intelligent and value knowledge above all else? Maybe something has happened that has made them see the value of protection in the form of allies? Maybe they trade all the time? We have no idea.

What we do know is that they didn't attack or act hostile toward the people in that story. They simply watched and observed. That suggests at least an interest in understanding.

Aside from that, what makes Order factions Order? Is it just being able to lie in cities with each other? Insects are extremely orderly.

An Order faction must have a relationship with Sigmar's Pantheon.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

An Order faction must have a relationship with Sigmar's Pantheon.

Same could be said for Destruction. All factions worship Gorkamorka in a way.

Chaos - Chaos.

Death - Nagash.

Silent People would would not fit any of these. Kragnos broke this mould first but doesnt have an army really. Maybe they follow Kragnos around for some reason? They also hibernated in Beastgrave, could have something to do with the earthquakes? Do the Drogrukh have something to do with Gorkamorka?

Edit: Other option would be a new "Grand Alliance". But dont think thats likely.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1