The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, EonChao said:

Last I checked there were almost 150 GW stores in the US, more than any other country in the world including the UK, and whilst I get the US is a very big place in terms of overall area, store anniversaries are advertised well in advance, are also around the same time for each location every year and last for around a week. So it shouldn't be difficult to plan a trip to coincide with visiting that location for that week and then if need be arrange a trip back there a month or so later to collect anything that wasn't in stock and was made to order.

This is honestly an absolutely hilarious response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Lol, when?! We literally got one and we have 3 months left before 4th.

They literally said in the video that they are working on another battlescroll. Maybe 4.0 isn't coming in June.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

This isnt really how that works. Those stores are located in populated areas. I get that the US is a big place but 150 stores are a lot of stores imho.

Edit: Also understand that its no fun if its still a few hours away.

The concept is weird to grasp for a european. I can go to the UK and back within the time some US people go to 1 store and back within the same state and i dont even live in the UK.

Edit 2: dont actually know what this adds to the conversation, sorry XD

I can't really afford take a day off and rent a car and drive an 8+ hour round trip to the next state to buy a $40 miniature. Most people I know can't. 

You all don't understand how big the US is. Some people are lucky and have a GW nearby. A lot of people don't.

• Like 17

Just to repeat this folks…

My advice is to write a constructive email to uk.custserv@gwplc.com and ask them about it. Say you would love to have an option to get one of these and explain where you are.

I'm sure if enough people write in and write in a constructive way (use common sense here please!!!), you can make them aware about the demand for such models.

Please email them. Enough demand will get them to do something (hopefully).

PS - let’s get back to rumours. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think Katakros was worse- 4 models that disappeared at certain brackets, each one having unique abilities and then Katakros himself, as well as each having different weapons. 

Agree. The weird thing is that, for whatever reason, I can accept (even if I don't like it) a one-page-warscroll for high-level named characters (katakross being a uber-boss for OBR). 

But a unit of more than one model, with 6 profiles, one for each model, and some synergies between them feels like a skirmish game (aka, games that play with 5-15 models with a bunch of rules and interactions between them). 

And it becomes a bit worse when they are not named characters. Grundstock Thunderers with Special Weapons have the same issue since 2017. Of course players can group some special weapon profiles (decksweeper+aerhershot rifles) in the same roll, or use diferent dice, but the problem is still there.

• Like 2

Just now, Gaz Taylor said:

My advice is to write a constructive email to uk.custserv@gwplc.com and ask them about it. Say you would love to have an option to get one of these and explain where you are.

I'm sure if enough people write in and write in a constructive way (use common sense here please!!!), you can make them aware about the demand for such models.

I don't personally actually care. Limited models aren't my thing. I'm just really... amused(?) by the people who don't live here and don't get how big the country is.  150 stores seems like a lot when you live in a  tiny country. We have more Starbucks than that in my city.  Similarly, telling someone to just schedule ahead is just... I'm going to stick with amusing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

Is there a list of GW artists? Havent seen any names in a while, would like to see who designed what and maybe follow them somewhere else

I don't know if such a thing exists, I just know the projects he worked on because my local GW manager invited him over a few years back to have a Q&A session with the local community at the local Warhammer store, and I was there. 

On 3/5/2024 at 1:10 AM, IronVIke said:

OK Here We Go! I reviewed the lead up to adepticon and leviathan from last year here is what I think we can expect these coming weeks. Buckle up we are in for a whirlwind of reveals!

Weeks Leading Up To Adepticon

March 11th last year (Arks of Omen): Vashtor Pre-order - This Year March 9th (Dawnbringers): Krethusa Pre-order

March 12th last year (Leviathan Tease 1): Echoes from the warp - This Year March 10th or 11th 4th Edition Tease 1

March 20th last year (Leviathan Tease 2): The shadows clear - This Year March 18th 4th Edition Tease 2

Adepticon

Last Year - Leviathan Reveal, Kill Team Reveal, (Arks of Omen): Lion El Johnson Reveal

This Year - 4th Edition Reveal, Warcry Dual Box Reveal (I am personally hoping for Kurnothi & Ossiarch like in the dawnbringers story)(Interchangable with underworlds reveal), Dawnbringers 6 Reveal with lady of ruin & Korghus Khul Ascended

*Hot take: Khuls ascension to demonhood will be the bridging model for the stories end like kragnos was heading in to 3rd

Others

Last year - in the weeks leading up to adepticon there were also a reveals for necromunda, and boarding patrols.

This year - this could mean reveals for underworlds (Interchangable with war cry), and the spearheads boxes leading up to adepticon this year

After Adepticon

Last Year March 25th: Arks of Omen: Tau Preorder

This Year March 23rd: Darkoath Army Preorder

I honestly believe they will follow the format of last year's Adepticon lead up. Id put money on this. Let's see if my logic holds firm! Who is with me!

What kind of teaser image/ promo do we think GW would prepare for us if we get something this weekend? A pic? A little video like the one we got for Krules where CoS infantry disappeared and the surroundings were full of red eyes? Something else?

Also, tomorrow we could get the first short story related to the 6th book or would it be too soon? Maybe a little break from short stories until the new book is announced?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I'm legitimately curious as to the response anyone gets. 

Can't hurt though. 👍

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm legitimately curious as to the response anyone gets. 

Can't hurt though. 👍

I have send a few emails regarding the AoS app. Never received any responses. Dont know if someone has had any better feedback?

I did get the wrong bases in a box once and they did fix that without any issues pretty fast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I have send a few emails regarding the AoS app. Never received any responses. Dont know if someone has had any better feedback?

I did get the wrong bases in a box once and they did fix that without any issues pretty fast.

My experience and from those I know:

- Replacement of damaged items/ missing bits -> 99% of the cases ✔️ (sometimes they don't have the replacement)

- Anything else -> 

I remember one friend suggesting a rule change (to make it more clear) and the response was quite bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostShark said:

I can't really afford take a day off and rent a car and drive an 8+ hour round trip to the next state to buy a $40 miniature. Most people I know can't. 

You all don't understand how big the US is. Some people are lucky and have a GW nearby. A lot of people don't.

I had a German friend study abroad in college, and she wanted to take a day trip to the other end of our state to an island.

I laughed and had to explain it was a long weekend trip at the very least.

Other German kids wanted to drive to New York City, which is STATES away from us.

Most Europeans don't get it, but I also don't blame them. They have amazing public transit and their countries are packed together like New England states.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

I had a German friend study abroad in college, and she wanted to take a day trip to the other end of our state to an island.

Other German kids wanted to drive to New York City, which is STATES away from us.

Most Europeans don't get it, but I also don't blame them. They have amazing public transit and their countries are packed together like New England states.

Yeah. Its amusing, but not insulting or anything. Just a reflection of different experiences. I WISH we had a good rail system! I don't have a car but I can get around my city just fine. Leaving the city? Its a nightmare, even to get to places only a few hours a way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What kind of teaser image/ promo do we think GW would prepare for us if we get something this weekend? A pic? A little video like the one we got for Krules where CoS infantry disappeared and the surroundings were full of red eyes? Something else?

Also, tomorrow we could get the first short story related to the 6th book or would it be too soon? Maybe a little break from short stories until the new book is announced?

The fact that the teaser was 3 years ago already boggles my mind. Since Covid time has moved at such a sliding scale.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

Yeah. Its amusing, but not insulting or anything. Just a reflection of different experiences. I WISH we had a good rail system! I don't have a car but I can get around my city just fine. Leaving the city? Its a nightmare, even to get to places only a few hours a way.

31 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

The same issue happens with Australia. Whoever drew the World Map messed up the scale so much it makes Australia seem a tiny island and yet, its almost the same landmass as the United States.

• Like 1

This topic made me think about proximity of GW stores to me.
I have 6 within 1 hours drive!!
3 of those within about 30mins.

Kind of shocked me when I stopped and counted. In the UK

The funny thing is, the only time I go to one is to pickup a store anniversary model (or ten😉). Probably won’t bother this year as I’m not fussed on Tau or the Fyreslayer.

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The same issue happens with Australia. Whoever drew the World Map messed up the scale so much it makes Australia seem a tiny island and yet, its almost the same landmass as the United States.

It’s amazing when you fly over, it just keeps going and going.
A number of years back flew from Singapore to Brisbane, you hit Australia and think nearly there….. but nope, not even close.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

The funny thing is, the only time I go to one is to pickup a store anniversary model (or ten😉). Probably won’t bother this year as I’m not fussed on Tau or the Fyreslayer.

The nearest to me is a 5 hour round trip- 2 there, 2 back, 1 hour stuck at the border. 

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That's because the most common map projection is the Mercator projection, which distorts the size of landmasses as they get close to the poles. Thus Greenland looking like its bigger than Australia and Antartica looking like an ominous giant wall of ice. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Yeah, never really thought about it but there must be at least 10 about an hour away from me. You tend to get used to the status quo for you and not really think about it. I only tend to go into one when it’s for something like battleforces, or when all the OW books were sold out

5 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

Is there a list of GW artists? Havent seen any names in a while, would like to see who designed what and maybe follow them somewhere else

Not really, unfortunately GW tends to keep its talent fairly obscured. Even when they do interview them it's kind a coin toss whether or not they give them their full name or just their first name. And I know from reading articles and speaking to people at GW that there's definitely multiple people in the studio with the same first name. So that doesn't make it easier.

Honestly the best thing you can do is pay attention to when names are mentioned in articles (or look through Warhammer Community's previous articles) and then see if they post about what they make on places like Twitter and Instagram. Just be aware that some of these people might not want fans swamping their social media

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Yeah, never really thought about it but there must be at least 10 about an hour away from me. You tend to get used to the status quo for you and not really think about it. I only tend to go into one when it’s for something like battleforces, or when all the OW books were sold out

12 hours round trip for me and that's to my nearest. The 12 hours doesn't include stopping for anything or the shopping.

Driving for 3-5 hours here (Canada) is easier than driving 1.5 hours in the UK. The vastness here is insane and 5 years later, still not used to it.

You call that a distance? Here in Sweden I got 8,5-9 hours to drive to get to the nearest Warhammer shop, and 8,5-9 hours to get back if I drive without taking any breaks. If I don't hit any reindeers (probably the most stupid animals when it comes to road safety) or moose...not to talk about those pesky marauders.

Ok, the last bit was a joke but the rest is true. Luckily I have never felt the need for a anniversary model, but if I had I'd be pretty sad.