The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Could the armies that got squatted early AoS signal future army refreshes?

Grand Alliance Destruction contained regular grots and got removed 2nd edition. Start of 3rd we got Kruleboyz as their successors. Same story with Lumineth and high elves. So we have any other factions similar to this like Wanderers that might get future updates in 4th edition.

And what other factions got removed after the grand alliance books?

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

For me it is clear that most of what is being removed lately is just to release their new shiny version later on.

Screenshot_20240305_095021_Chrome.jpg.ca34e2ecb73bc1400325cf7af017eba0.jpgScreenshot_20240305_095439_Chrome2.jpg.f32c4919a864cb87aa250ca45bcb3249.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 14
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I too get frustrated concerning event minis and think we as a community here should start our own "Not For Profit, For The Player" thread to help each other out. 

I myself may be going to adepticon as it's only a 7 hr drive from me and if I do I was going to throw up a thread asking y'all what you may want to help out the forum fam. 

🙏🙏🙏

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Bretonnians -> Stormcast

Tomb Kings -> Bonereapers

Wanderers -> Kurnothi?

Phoenix Temple -> Tyrion phoenix guard?

I am not talking about armies that didnt cross over from WHFB to AoS. I am talking about the factions that didnt survive AoS first edition :).

I still worry about how long the time is between "removed" and "reimagined" (looking at you Kurnothi!) And resent the way GW squatted high elves and couldn't be bothered to tell us "but don't worry we've got something in the pipeline to satisfy your high elf needs!"

That said whitefangs tertiary BoC react does lift my mood a little.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I still worry about how long the time is between "removed" and "reimagined" (looking at you Kurnothi!) And resent the way GW squatted high elves and couldn't be bothered to tell us "but don't worry we've got something in the pipeline to satisfy your high elf needs!"

Similarly, I am a 'believe it when I see it' type person. I'd rather not build up hype for myself, only to be let down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Personally mate I dont think theyre going anywhere. Theyll get a name change maybe and have models replaced ala COS. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Throw in the last big rumor about how each game division fight with each other over profits and how GW wants to make sure that no faction can be used with two different games.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Dwarfs in both Cities and ToW since they both use the same units. My guess they are pulled from AoS when 4.0 hits, but who knows lol!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

and now we know why the warlocks have been in so many DOK boxes... Krethusa makes them battleline 😂

I'll have to come with a good kitbash for them, I really can't stand the kit as it is out of the box. 

I know it's part of her lore as a renegade or whatever, but it sucks that Krethusa just doesn't play nice with half of the DoK faction. Like why are we deciding to venture further down this road of dividing an already divisively incentivized army? It's dumb.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I know it's part of her lore as a renegade or whatever, but it sucks that Krethusa just doesn't play nice with half of the DoK faction. Like why are we deciding to venture further down this road of dividing an already divisively incentivized army? It's dumb.

Im willing to bet money once malerions faction comes out she will be able to take some of those units as well

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Weird she has an ability that needs a cauldron of blood but her dawnbringers box doesn't come with one

No cauldron but one is needed for its ability. No eyes but they are needed for its vision... what else do you want from us, Krethusa?! WHAT ELSE!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Also im going to go against the grain here and stick to the aqshy city actually winning out, depending on how credible the wave 2 COS rumors are and that it’s a flagellant heavy update, the new city could work as a subfaction for those units

8 minutes ago, lskupien926 said:

Also im going to go against the grain here and stick to the aqshy city actually winning out, depending on how credible the wave 2 COS rumors are and that it’s a flagellant heavy update, the new city could work as a subfaction for those units

If there's a flagellant's city it gotta be Vindicarum. It is already famous for that.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

and now we know why the warlocks have been in so many DOK boxes... Krethusa makes them battleline 😂

What‘s the in-lore explanation? Female Sephiroth got an army of simps or something?

Least she got two wings so she doesn‘t have to fly in circles. 

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

I'm just glad she can still take those units for my DoK army I'm starting at least, I really like the melusai units.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

What have I missed about BOC? The return of Morghur? A one-eyed cygor hero in homage to Khazrak?