The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

the "dark oaths" they get their name from are taxes though. I get your joke but the Chaos Gods very much also have taxes 😂

Wilderfiends seem to be what happens if you don't pay the tax/honor your oath.

(possibly even worse ones than Order since like Asbestress said Sigmar does not care which non-Chaos god you worship)

All I am saying us, don't tread on me, Sigmarites! >:(

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It depends on how they focused on the supplement. IJ one was part of the Dawnbringers Book 2, but they didn't get an army box or the printed version of the supplement.

If it follows the IJ style, until we have Book 6 they won't release it. That means after March 24th.

Enough time to hopefully prepare my wallet 😔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

It is the negative side of following rumours. Sometimes "living in the ignorance" is better. Imagine it is nothing in the end. All this "suffering" for nothing. My advice, don't let this ruin your hobby. Enjoy it while you can, in the worst-case scenario, and if it ends up happening then you would have plenty of time to think about what to do. But at least you would have enjoyed your army as much as possible.

I just feel like it would be different if this wasn't the fifth time GW has chopped an army out from under me. Eldar corsair, combined arms eldar, wood elves, wanderers, and now beasts.

I just can't drum up anymore enthusiasm to build, convert, paint, and pour my heart and time into coming up with lore and tactics and pouring over every scrap of information I can find.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, silverstu said:

Really hoping this is a Gotrek standard plastic mini...🤞

Nice to see the Darkoath army set- it explains why the video was uploaded and hidden if they where going to show it off so soon..

Multi-build for each Duardin faction!

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

If the 500 White Dwarf secret they keep "close to their chest" isn't a Grombrindal model, I will be very dissapointed.

What if the 500 reveal is the launch of two new dawi factions and a wave two for every other dwarf in the franchise?

• LOVE IT! 7

Everyone, the article mentions something secret coming from WARHAMMER MACHANDISE STORE, not main GW !!! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/04/introducing-warhammer-relics-the-official-warhammer-merchandise-festival/

"A certain somebody is coming up to a major milestone, and you can pitch into the celebrations with a stuffed box of exclusive merchandise commemorating his achievement. Quite what’s in it is something we’re keeping close to our chest, but all will be revealed soon over on the Warhammer Merchandise store…"

• LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

What if the 500 reveal is the launch of two new dawi factions and a wave two for every other dwarf in the franchise?

Imagine it. New Grombrindal mini. Fyreslayers and Kharadron get their wave 2. Some kind of update to Dispossessed. Skaven as major antagonists and get a huge roster update. Gloomspite get Spidergrot supplement. Dark Aelf scum poking their heads out of Ulgu to see what's up. The Dawi will have no shortage of enemies in 4th ed. IT'S GRUDGIN' TIME.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Everyone, the article mentions something secret coming from WARHAMMER MACHANDISE STORE, not main GW !!! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/04/introducing-warhammer-relics-the-official-warhammer-merchandise-festival/

"A certain somebody is coming up to a major milestone, and you can pitch into the celebrations with a stuffed box of exclusive merchandise commemorating his achievement. Quite what’s in it is something we’re keeping close to our chest, but all will be revealed soon over on the Warhammer Merchandise store…"

so a joytoy Grombrindal?? surely it can't be a tshirt or a mug...

9 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I want a plastic Grombrindal free on the cover of white dwarf and then given full aos rules and put on pemanent sale thereafter. I also think they should really put Gotrek and Grombrindal into the cities or fyreslayers book so they are kept in print

CoS update? Count me in!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about Warcry? Won't somebody please think of Warcry?

Considering how much GW is targeting my bank account specifically I am going to guess that the next warcry announcement will feature Stormcast vs Ogors to really give a chance for all my armies to squeeze out every penny from me.

Next thing you know Kill Team will feature Necrons vs Chaos Knight Pilots.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Oh my gosh, the Darkoath look absolutely amazing!!! I want them so bad, but no, I must stay strong for Hashut...neither my wallet nor the Great Grey Pile of Shame can take another project I start and don't finish lmao

The great thing about undivided is that they can worship whoever they choose:
image.jpeg.c7aa832a6ecfca63c52051873904cdb1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • LOVE IT! 3

Many appear to be surprised by how GeeDubs decided to reveal the Darkoath after the leak, but they really shouldn't. This was the only real response to the leak they could do. 

Now on to my thoughts. Technically, we already saw them in the leak, but still, it's nice to be able to take a closer look at them, and they do indeed look awesome. I also love how they seem to be designed specifically to look like uncivilized counterparts to the cities of Sigmar units.

H2KphdpBAupbLYiV.jpg

z3T5LRZ2QT1dPUvO.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-19-11-096~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-19-26-580~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-37-28-046~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-19-37-008~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-38-22-398~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-38-14-488~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-37-46-542~2.jpeg

Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-38-38-730~2.jpeg

Edited by DD-Lord
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Captaniser said:

The last adepticon was packed. The Lion and the reveal of the last Arks of Omen, CGI trailer for the Leviathan box set, the first look at the CoS, and the full reveal of the new Seraphon. Amazing event. 

This year these are my predictions for the event:

AoS: Launch edition trailer and 2 model remakes shown off for both the Skaven and Stormcast

Dawnbringers book 6 reveals the lady of ruin.

Underworlds: New season

40k: Mysterious codex revealed, rumors say Agents of the Imperium with some models

Kill team: New box with Votaan and Jeanstealer cults

Old world: Dwarf box reveal

HH: Something I guess. Maybe some new resin tanks go to plastic.

For 40k, chaos needs their reveals too, which are meant for spring (ie before the redacted codex). Perhaps the next campaign book?

I think warcry also deserve their last box of the season to be revealed

I wouldn't be surprised about the next LI campaign book too.

Hopefully roadmaps this time?

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

I just feel like it would be different if this wasn't the fifth time GW has chopped an army out from under me. Eldar corsair, combined arms eldar, wood elves, wanderers, and now beasts.

I just can't drum up anymore enthusiasm to build, convert, paint, and pour my heart and time into coming up with lore and tactics and pouring over every scrap of information I can find.

I really feel for you - combined arms Eldar are a thing again if you still have those models. I'm also personally hoping they expand the corsair part of the list.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Joy Toy Grombrindal and mini Grombrindal co-release?

30 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

Many appear to be surprised by how GeeDubs decided to reveal the Darkoath after the leak, but they really shouldn't. This was the only real response to the leak they could do. 

Now on to my thoughts. Technically, we already saw them in the leak, but still, it's nice to be able to take a closer look at them, and they do indeed look awesome. I also love how they seem to be designed specifically to look like uncivilized counterparts to the cities of Sigmar units.

H2KphdpBAupbLYiV.jpg

z3T5LRZ2QT1dPUvO.jpg

That would make for a sick battlebox, maybe somewhere in 4th

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

I also love how they seem to be designed specifically to look like uncivilized counterparts to the cities of Sigmar units.

now that you put the freeguild marshal next to the darkoath chieftain, I noticed something very interesting:

the darkoath horse looks defeated, compared to the generalized exhaustion of the freeguild horse. like it doesn't want to be here.

the foot marauders make freeguild really really need a spear loadout!

since we are getting these two counterparts, I desperately hope it means we get models of Reclaimed as well.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

For 40k, chaos needs their reveals too, which are meant for spring (ie before the redacted codex). Perhaps the next campaign book?

I think warcry also deserve their last box of the season to be revealed

I wouldn't be surprised about the next LI campaign book too.

Hopefully roadmaps this time?

I really feel for you - combined arms Eldar are a thing again if you still have those models. I'm also personally hoping they expand the corsair part of the list.

Joy Toy Grombrindal and mini Grombrindal co-release?

If we have roadmaps, it won't be the case for AoS, IMO. Not until we have some months into 4th ed.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

H2KphdpBAupbLYiV.jpg

z3T5LRZ2QT1dPUvO.jpg

You missed the most important one!

image.png.d2c1a5e6c9ead9f856b92e57bf5c1566.png

image.png.0c2b11f6d1e2ad5dd5eead473346cffd.png

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Si nous avons des feuilles de route, ce ne sera pas le cas pour l'AoS, IMO. Pas avant quelques mois de 4e édition.

A roadmap has been revealed at Warhammer Fest 2023 for 40K. 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

now that you put the freeguild marshal next to the darkoath chieftain, I noticed something very interesting:

the darkoath horse looks defeated, compared to the generalized exhaustion of the freeguild horse. like it doesn't want to be here.

the foot marauders make freeguild really really need a spear loadout!

since we are getting these two counterparts, I desperately hope it means we get models of Reclaimed as well.

Very good observation. Yeah, the Darkoath Horse looks like it symbolically neels to its rider and sort of gives off the vibe that the chieftain hounded and chased that horse, who knows how long it took to jump on its back and break it at the spot. The free-guild horse definitely looks a little exhausted, although I don't think it's because it doesn't want to be there, but because it's probably been marching for a long time, as the Cavalier-Marshal model clearly shows with all those supplies on the back.

"Spears," oh, my thoughts exactly. I am still salty over how the designers of the steelhelms tried to make sure the different models were as distinct from each other as possible by giving us so many shield variants together with two variants for all weapon types (arming swords, falchions, and maces), but somehow chickened out from giving them spears like come one now.

• Like 2

I am wondering what the story could be for Skaven vs Stormcast. It would be interesting if the Skaven are the first to find a way to warp in to Azyr causing the Stormcast to be on the defensive and as a result have less presence in the rest of the realms.

The other forces rivalling order would be able to gain a larger foothold in the realms and Cities would play a more important role against them now Stormcast are preoccupied.

The realms in disarray, the minions of Slaanesh begin to have more freedom in breaking the chains binding their God, not all of them, but a little more to allow for more Hedonites.

• Like 3